* Author Topic: Manchester Fertility  (Read 25818 times)

0 Members

Offline Leenaj

• Gold Member
modify
Manchester Fertility
« Reply #100 on: 4/11/15, 10:54 »
hi  Trinibelini,

so all in all how long did you wait. we basically had a 3rd semen in mid october. we had blood test viriology ones then as well. we go back on 16th november to sign consents and finalize the dates ..which seem to be 21 days after my end of november period - that's a bummer as well, the whole 21 days after the peirod...argghhhh im so impatient

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Trinibelini

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Manchester Fertility
    « Reply #101 on: 4/11/15, 19:04 »
    Hi Leenaj, that actually sounds about a similar timescale. This will be due to being on the long protocol so have to start down reg between day 18 - 21 depending on the length of your monthly cycle. I started my down reg on 28th July and all the procedures (EC , ET) were completed by 4th September. So just over a month in total. I'm hoping to start another cycle next week but this time I'm on short protocol. X

Offline Lilly83

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    Manchester Fertility
    « Reply #102 on: 4/11/15, 19:12 »
    Hi ladies

You know MFS does actually have the quickest turnaround for a cycle and shortest wait to see a consultant compared to a lot of other clinics

I do however know a week in TTC world is a month long in real time 😊

L xx

Offline Leenaj

• Gold Member
    modify
    Manchester Fertility
    « Reply #103 on: 4/11/15, 20:38 »
    True lily, I rang up Manchester care - 10 weeks for a consultation. IS that a joke... Regardless if your private or not...it seems as if everyone around me can get pregnant , yet fertility clinics are jam packed, and there's the constant statement about increasing age affecting success rates. Can't win...

Trinibellini, I think the time scale for the actual treatment is 6 weeks, but my concern is since mid October all we have done is the virology blood tests. If you started end of July  for treatment, when was your actual consultation with them?

Offline Lilly83

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    Manchester Fertility
    « Reply #104 on: 4/11/15, 20:51 »
    I know everything drags so much, I spent the past few years stalking the postman and staring at the phone waiting for something or other

Care are amazing I can't fault them, things move fast once you start and you can often get earlier cancellation appts

Really hope things get moving quick for you xx

Offline Trinibelini

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Manchester Fertility
    « Reply #105 on: 4/11/15, 22:17 »
    Hi Lilley and Leenaj,
    I've been both to clinics and to be honest there was no really any difference between the treatment times. I know the waiting is frustrating, but fingers crossed it gets moving soon. :) x x x

Offline Max 2012

• Gold Member
    modify
    Manchester Fertility
    « Reply #106 on: 11/11/15, 23:12 »
    Hello

Me nd DH are just in the process of seeing if we can be accepted on the egg sharing programme at MF. After a successful icsi round in 2011 at st marys on nhs, we had frozen embryos left which we have now used up with no successful outcome.  As we can not afford the full cost of the private treatment just now, we are looking at the only option left which is to egg share. This is all very new to us and I wanted to see if there is anybody else in a similar position to us.

We were lucky to have 22 eggs collected on the cycle in 2011,  but not sure what kind of number to expect this time as that was 4 years ago. I was 27 at the time, but now 31. Any advice appreciated  :)

Offline Lilly83

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    Manchester Fertility
    « Reply #107 on: 29/03/17, 05:47 »
    The price difference will be due to the eggs already being in their frozen egg bank rather than you being matched to a donor then doing a fresh egg collection, embryos do have a better freeze and thaw rate compared to unfertilised eggs but the methods these days for doing so are much improved so a lot of clinics have a frozen egg bank now, I imagine it takes a lot of pressure off recips as you know what you are getting and don't have to wait to sync cycles etc

L x

Offline Lilly83

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    Manchester Fertility
    « Reply #108 on: 29/03/17, 10:09 »
    I used donor eggs myself I know how hard the waiting is, with regards to appointments there's less than if you were using own eggs, at a guess I would say you would have initial consult, consent and teach, implications counselling, down reg scan, lining scan and then be there for the donors egg collection if using fresh for your partner to give a sample and then for transfer

L x

Offline Amelia81

modify
    Manchester Fertility
    « Reply #109 on: 29/03/17, 19:28 »
    I've got nothing but praise for MF. I'm own egg but donor sperm. Couldn't do fresh transfer after IVF so did a freeze all. My second frozen transfer worked and I'm now 20 weeks pregnant  :) I've always felt like they've known what they are doing and they are very personable and flexible too. I even called them really upset after I had a car accident at 8 weeks and they were very reassuring and a few days later they called to check I was still ok, very thoughtful of them and I highly recommend them. They will look after you xx