* Author Topic: Manchester Fertility  (Read 25813 times)

0 Members

Offline Jam&Cream

• Gold Member
modify
Manchester Fertility
« Reply #30 on: 11/03/14, 22:18 »
lovekalkan, my amh is low, 5.4. I'm just waiting for funding to come through then we'll be going ahead with ivf. Had appt with consultant last Friday and she was very positive about it all, there was no suggestion of donor eggs. I know mine isn't terribly low but it's low enough.
They do a lot of open evenings, maybe give them a ring and see when their next one is or just get some information from them.
Best of luck to you. X

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline lovekalkan

modify
    Manchester Fertility
    « Reply #31 on: 12/03/14, 17:58 »
    Thank you all. My AMH is 0.57 so very, very low  :-[. We've had one failed ICSI on a very high stimulated, long protocol so I'm hoping to try mild IVF this time on a short protocol. I've booked a consultation now so I'm hoping they will look at this. Good luck to everyone xx

Offline Hels13

modify
    Manchester Fertility
    « Reply #32 on: 12/03/14, 20:08 »
    Lovekalkan - meant to say that I was nervous to attend an open evening as on my own but instead I asked so many questions over email before and after my first consultation. Jenny, who was my patient advisor, was fab with prompt responses and helpful :)

Offline katie079

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Manchester Fertility
    « Reply #33 on: 17/03/14, 12:34 »
    Hi Ladies, quick update not been on for a couple of weeks.

So brief recap .....My AMH was at 0.68 but went on dhea for 3 months and it increased to 7.9, so it went up quite a bit ( still not desirable but much better!)
    Started on long protocol mid Feb. Responded poorly to stimms day 5 only had 2 follicle's over 15 mm and a Small one. I was really gutted  :( but tried to remain positive.
    Egg Collection - Friday 14th March 2014  - I was pleased to find out they found 5 eggs! Not a high number but considering my follicles it was more that I expected! ;D

Lab rang this Saturday 15th March 2014 andall 5 had fertilised, they provisionally booked me in for a 3 day transfer for Monday ( Today) The 17th March it would consider moving to day 5 depending of the development.

Just had phone call this morning we have which will be day 3 for my little bro's........there doing great.
    2 @ 7 cells
    [email protected] 8 cells
    [email protected] cells
    1 @ Morula
    All top grade!! Omg cant believe it!

So were moving to Wednesday as it looks like we will have a few Bastos!!

Just wanted to put it out there guys, that its not always the end of the world with low amh, I genuinely believe that without It I wouldn't of got the quality. 5 eggs. 5 fertilised and all doing great at day 3.

Please all pray for me and my embryos and hopefully we can make a bfp!! ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^

You are all in my thoughts and prayers and hopefully it will be a great year for you all - God Willing ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^

Love katie.x

Offline Hels13

modify
    Manchester Fertility
    « Reply #34 on: 17/03/14, 12:56 »
    Wow Katie, that's really positive news!!!! Fingers crossed x

Offline lovekalkan

modify
    Manchester Fertility
    « Reply #35 on: 17/03/14, 17:50 »
    That's fantastic news Katie. I am taking DHEA at the moment too. Is it 75mg you take? I would be over the moon with 5 eggs x :) I only had one on my last go.

Offline Jam&Cream

• Gold Member
    modify
    Manchester Fertility
    « Reply #36 on: 17/03/14, 20:07 »
    Katie^pompom^ that's great. Hopefully this is your month. Fingers crossed.
    What dose of dhea is everyone taking? I'm on 25mg 3 times a day. Is this about right? I'm hoping it does some good. X

Offline katie079

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Manchester Fertility
    « Reply #37 on: 18/03/14, 09:07 »
    Thank you guys. I was on DHEA for 3-4 months at 75mg. 25mg 3 times a day.
    Im sure it will help you all in some way of not in quantity hopefully in quality. The guys are lovely at Manchechester Fertility Services and are really willing me along every step of the way.

Offline spudlin

• Gold Member
    modify
    Manchester Fertility
    « Reply #38 on: 25/03/14, 22:19 »
    Hi ladies, hope you don't mind me joining in.

After a long couple of years, clomid etc we are now on route to our first IVF at MF.

We are private as I am 40 so we have self referred with a covering letter from my NHS consultant with info about my treatment so far.

Up to now we have only had an initial conversation with a patient adviser who has given us details of what needs to be done prior to treatment starting, which is a load more tests.

Lucky for us we have an amazing GP who has agreed to run all the pre treatment tests for us. We have had bloods and hubby's SA done, just waiting for my appointment for an up to date ultrasound scan, then we can hopefully get started.

I am also on dhea, 75mg a day (amongst all my other supplements, I must rattle when I walk lol). I had done lots of reading up on it and planned to start it anyway when my nhs consultant also brought it up at my last appt.

I have also lost almost 2 and a half stone since October on slimming world to get my bmi down, it is now about 33. I know it isn't part of the rules when you go private, but I want to be as healthy as possible to start IVF. Hubby has also lost weight and we are both eating healthier and I don't really drink alcohol and he has cut right back and is on his supplements too  ;)

It is so nice to hear good things about a clinic when you are about to embark on an already daunting journey.

I chose this clinic as one of my fertility friends from my clomid thread has been there recently and said everyone was lovely. Cost wise, clinics are pretty much the same give or take a little here and there.

Who knows our paths may cross and we may never now  ;)

Offline lovekalkan

modify
    Manchester Fertility
    « Reply #39 on: 26/03/14, 12:31 »
    Hi Spudlin

Congratulations on your weight loss !! I have about the same BMI as you...it's so hard isn't it? I was thinking of joining Slimming World too. Did Manchester Fertility not bother about your weight then? I have may first consultation on Saturday so was a bit worried they might tell me to lose weight !

Good luck with everything and keep us up to date xx