* Author Topic: Manchester Fertility  (Read 25821 times)

0 Members

Offline spudlin

• Gold Member
modify
Money back guarantee Manchester Fertility
« Reply #50 on: 1/08/14, 21:12 »
This is my clinic  :)

We have our follow up next week after 1 failed cycle. We will definitely be asking about packages.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Lilly83

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    « Reply #51 on: 1/08/14, 21:15 »
    Sorry to hear about your failed cycle

I have 2 failed cycles behind me and just heard it might just be open to ladies who have no failed cycles so far, I think its a great step for the clinic though and I imagine others might follow suit too eventually

Lilly x

Offline Jam&Cream

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #52 on: 5/08/14, 09:46 »
    They're doing 2 different packages, well there not Assist Fertility are, Manchester Fertility just do the treatment, you don't pay them.
    The first is where you pay for 3 cycles upfront and if after all of them you've no live birth then you would receive a 70% refund. This is the one that they'd require a medical for. I was told I probably couldn't do this after we've done our nhs treatment if I'm still not pregnant, possible at the moment after just one failed cycle.
    The other package is where you pay a reduced rate for 2 cycles, no refund on this and anyone can do it too. If you have a baby on the first cycle the second is forfeited you wouldn't get any money back. The cost doesn't include medication neither. Xx

Offline kk79

modify
    « Reply #53 on: 19/08/14, 08:06 »
    I've just signed up to the refund program at MFS :) everything crossed

Offline Jam&Cream

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #54 on: 19/08/14, 09:48 »
    All the luck in the world. Xx

Offline shellsuit

modify
    What happens next? icsi cycle at MFS.
    « Reply #55 on: 19/08/14, 18:58 »
    hi ladies

i am new to the board but have started my own diary if anyone would like to follow.  ive done it for my own sanity but if it helps anyone else in the future then thats great!

I have had baseline tests done last week - ultra sound various blood tests that include AMN and thyroid etc.  DH also had his bloods done.  I had an ultrasound and the nurse stated i had a tilted uterus?  i was aware to some extent as i had an ectopic last year, it was discovered when i went for an early private scan but at that moment in time it was the least of my worries!

i am booked in for my follow up 4/9 which is where they will discuss the recommended treatment.  so long as i have no issues with AMH i understand it will be a long protocol.  Am i right in saying that I would start the injections on day 21?

would love any advice and to meet anyone at a similar stage to me?

TIA  shell.

Offline shellsuit

modify
    what happens next? icsi cycle at MFS.
    « Reply #56 on: 4/09/14, 12:00 »
    thought id answer my own question incase anyone else reads it in the same boat:-)

so my follow up appointment went really well - i can't fault MFS at all - the nurds was brill - the appointment took about an hour but felt like we were in there about 5 minutes!

she went through all my test results and explained them really well and they seem all good - i have active ovaries apparently although my AMH was 25.2 and they see a risk of OHSS only if its above the 30 mark

i was really nervous but she put my mind to rest - I'm on day 25 today and have basically got to call on my day 1 to book an app for around day 25 to start the down reg drugs - ill be doing the long protocol so i think it should be the first week in october when i go back again.  they will do the injection training that day and send me on my way with all the meds.  ill then go back 2/3 weeks later to start the stemming before egg collection.

a couple of decisions to make - do we transfer 1 or 2 embryos and do we use the embryoscope - so far I'm thinking transfer 2 and deco use the scope machine:-)

Offline spudlin

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #57 on: 10/09/14, 22:59 »
    I don't think we qualified for them either  :(

Offline Mrsf2012

modify
    « Reply #58 on: 27/10/14, 22:15 »
    Hi ladies
    I've just booked our first consultation for the ivf refund program at Manchester and was wondering what everyone's opinion is on the manchester fertility in general, I've had one unsuccessful ivf at leeds and let's just say it wasn't a good experience I know this journey isn't easy but the level of care was terrible and am hoping someone might share there opinions on manchester? Does anyone know what the medical consists of  that you have to have before being accepted onto the programme
    Thanks x

Offline ZCC

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    what happens next? icsi cycle at MFS.
    « Reply #59 on: 28/10/14, 20:09 »
    Hi
    I'm also new to this site and have my consultation at MF on Friday to discuss the results of the tests and scan that I had last week. During my scan I was also told I have a tilted uterus and she also said I have a fibroid. I'm hoping that this doesn't affect my ability to go through treatment.

Good luck with your ICSI. I'm hoping I get some good news on Friday and can then look at starting mine. I'm definitely going to go for using the embryoscope if I get that far.