* Author Topic: Manchester Fertility  (Read 25814 times)

0 Members

Offline geordiebunny

modify
Manchester Fertility
« Reply #70 on: 10/02/15, 19:57 »
Just wanted to wish all those currently undergoing treatment and those who are struggling a big hug. I don't get on here much but we are currently putting plans and finances into place to go back for a FET sept/oct so we can have another summer baby if it works.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline koko83

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Manchester Fertility
    « Reply #71 on: 10/02/15, 20:04 »
    Hi
     I am waiting on my first consultation at MF so a bit unsure of what to expect. I will be doing egg share and I will be the donor. It has already been a waiting game getting this far. Something I best get use to.

Offline SillyWrong

modify
    Manchester Fertility
    « Reply #72 on: 20/03/15, 13:40 »
    Hi All ... we're with MF - about to start cycling (I think - I'm never completely sure about timelines, but last time we were there back two weeks ago they said we could be at PTest stage within 2-4 months.  Just waiting on a test result then matching (we're egg sharing)

Offline SillyWrong

modify
    Manchester Fertility
    « Reply #73 on: 19/05/15, 10:17 »
    Just bumping this to see if there are any other MF ladies about?

Offline maybebaby18

• Un-Ranked
    • I carry your heart...I carry it in my heart....
    modify
    Manchester Fertility
    « Reply #74 on: 27/05/15, 08:56 »
    I was at MFS yesterday and  we are looking to have ivf/icsi hopefully by oct. ^pray^ All d3pends on me as i have put weight on again   ^idiot^ but nurses so lovely and our consultant was very helpful. I want to get started now. So i have to drop at least 20 lbs asap so i can go back to start tx any tips? Much appreciated x

Offline LJH80

• Gold Member
    modify
    Manchester Fertility
    « Reply #75 on: 28/05/15, 20:06 »
    Maybebaby - I put on a lot of weight at the end of last year when I hurt my knee and had to stop excercising. I knew I had to loose about a stone in Jan before my spot at the end of Feb so I went on slimming world, cut carbs and did the insanity 60 day programme...I dropped just under 2 stone in 7 weeks!! I have tried to stay carb free 4 days a week and relaxed the excercising routine but managed to get back to my usual weight and stabilise

Offline funkia32

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Manchester Fertility
    « Reply #76 on: 22/06/15, 12:47 »
    Hi ladies
    I'm currently under Sheffield for fertility treatment but I'm having an absolute nightmare with appointments etc they are extremely understaffed. I have been doing some research on MF and would like to know how you are finding it? I'm thinking of getting my go to refer me to them, But want to be sure it's the right decision.

Thanks  :)

Offline vera_gangart

modify
    Manchester Fertility
    « Reply #77 on: 8/07/15, 14:57 »
    Hello, my husband and I are booked for a Fertility MOT at Manchester Fertility tomorrow.  I will be having an antral follicle scan and AMH blood test, and my husband is having a SA.

We have an appointment next Tuesday to go through the results but does anyone know if they will give them to me over the phone or via email before then? And does the sonographer give you any feedback at the time of the scan, or do they keep schtum (I know some are told to!).  Obviously we will still come to talk them through with the consultant but I don't know if I can wait so many days for the results, so it'd be great to be able to get them ASAP.

Offline vera_gangart

modify
    Manchester Fertility
    « Reply #78 on: 9/07/15, 19:09 »
    Hello ladies. Hoping for some advice after the antral follicle scan we had today.  It was day 6 of my cycle.

I'm feeling worried because the sonographer only counted 7 Antral follicles- 3 "dominant follicles", though, all over 10mm. AMH blood taken today too.

She said the scan was fine. But, I'm a bit worried by it as I was expecting to have many more than 7 antral follicles. To be honest I wasn't sure she spent that long looking and counting - before the scan was done, she said it was to look at the structure of the uterus etc, and I asked if she would do a follicle count and she said yes antral follicles, but didn't make it sound like the main point of the scan. She did look at the ovaries but was mostly measuring the sizes of the dominant follicles etc and marking them.

She basically said it was good that there were three follicles growing well. Would this make it harder to see smaller ones? She did say there might be smaller ones she couldn't see (which I sort of thought was the whole point of the scan?!). I also thought this scan needed to be done earlier than day 6 for that very reason, but they'd said it doesn't matter.

I've got low FSH at 2.1 and normal d21 progesterone of 41 so I was really surprised by this. I'm 31, nearly 32.

They were really lovely though, especially when it took so many attempts to get blood out of me, they were all so sorry and nice.  No results in advance of the consultant appointment though, so goodness knows how I will survive until next week.

Offline Lilly83

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    Manchester Fertility
    « Reply #79 on: 9/07/15, 19:19 »
    Hello

My AFC was only ever 4 in my late 20's, when you start stimulation during ivf more follicles often Pop up that aren't there at first, it's also common practice not to measure the smaller ones during an ivf cycle unless they are bigger than 10mm

Good luck for the rest of your results! Xx