* Author Topic: Manchester Fertility  (Read 25820 times)

0 Members

Offline vera_gangart

modify
Manchester Fertility
« Reply #80 on: 9/07/15, 19:22 »
Thanks! That is reassuring that yours responded to treatment, but I'm so sorry about your losses after you moved to donor eggs. That is so sad.

I just thought it was weird as my FSH is so low which would go against POF.

Maybe they weren't measuring them all, but then it's not really an antral follicle count I don't think, as the antral follicles are meant to be the tiny ones! The sonographer did say they often pop up after medication, but I'm not on any medication at present. We are just having baseline tests so not too sure what will come up, but I don't know how I'm going to survive until next Tuesday!

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Lilly83

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    Manchester Fertility
    « Reply #81 on: 9/07/15, 19:28 »
    Thankyou  :)

I did get 4 eggs all mature all fert from my only egg cycle so don't worry about your AFC, they accept egg donors who they are expecting to get a 'minimum of 8 eggs' from so you will have egg donors with an AFC not much higher

It's funny as some clinics think AMH is they key test, some FSH and some AFC, I think your AMH and FSH are more important from my experience and they use those to plan your protocol and medication

This levels don't indicate POF to me so don't worry

L xx

Offline vera_gangart

modify
    Manchester Fertility
    « Reply #82 on: 9/07/15, 19:33 »
    Thanks so much! That's really reassured me. The sonographer did say that there were 3 really good follicles and that was a lot for an unmedicated cycle so I figured it was good, and then I asked how many antral follicles and she said only 4 on top of the 3 maturing ones, which really shocked me. It'll be useful to find out the AMH and see how well correlated the two are.

Offline Lilly83

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    Manchester Fertility
    « Reply #83 on: 9/07/15, 19:46 »
    As long as your FSH is low they can Stim you quite aggressively if they need to, it's when your FSH is high they can't as FSH is follicle stimulating hormone the same as your stims, high levels already and you won't respond

You're lucky at MFS it's the only clinic that has such short waits, it's 8 weeks approx at Care and 12 weeks at St Mary's got results appts, I do know that a day in ttc world is a month long in real time though  ;D xx

Offline vera_gangart

modify
    Manchester Fertility
    « Reply #84 on: 9/07/15, 20:00 »
    I know, we are so lucky and they were so nice as well.  I'm glad we chose to go there for our assessment. 12 weeks would give me a nervous breakdown.

I was hoping to be able to consider egg share - I know how painful it is trying to get pregnant and not managing, I would love to be able to do that for someone else. So maybe they will still be able to consider that for me still. We'll see.

Offline Lilly83

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    Manchester Fertility
    « Reply #85 on: 20/08/15, 19:11 »
    Hello

Anyone know the best way to get to Manchester Fertility from the city centre? I don't drive so public transport

Thanks

Lilly xx

Offline Jam&Cream

• Gold Member
    modify
    Manchester Fertility
    « Reply #86 on: 22/08/15, 05:25 »
    Hi Lilly,
    I'm not sure of numbers but the bus that goes up the A34 from Manchester centre would do you (157 or x57 do I think) and there's a stop just before the slip road for Heald Green/Manchester Airport/Cheadle.
    You'd have to walk from here, probably about 15 minutes I'd think.

So if you walk up the slip road, go anti clockwise round the roundabout and exit onto Cheadle royal business park (Royal Cresent) walk down to the mini roundabout and right onto Brooks Drive, to the next mini roundabout and straight across, carry on bear left with the road and it's on your right hand side.

Hope this helps somewhat.

Best of luck, they're all lovely, especially Rita on reception. X

Offline Lilly83

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    Manchester Fertility
    « Reply #87 on: 22/08/15, 06:40 »
    Jam you are an angel thank you! I was trying to figure it out online but don't trust myself following a map, I have a job interview there for a patient advisor  :)

Can't believe how close your EDD is hasn't it gone quick! Xx

Offline Jam&Cream

• Gold Member
    modify
    Manchester Fertility
    « Reply #88 on: 22/08/15, 09:43 »
    Oh wow, best of luck.

They really are the nicest bunch of people, that I did prefer here to Care.

It has gone quick, slow at the same time too though.

All the luck in the world with the interview, surely discounted treatment should come with it?  ;) xx

Offline Leenaj

• Gold Member
    modify
    Does Manchester fertility do immune tests etc
    « Reply #89 on: 4/09/15, 22:15 »
    Can anyone shed some light if MF do immune tests. We may need ICSI and I'm researching around now. I'm looking at places like ARGC and they do, so I'm just comparing. anyone know ?