* Author Topic: Manchester Fertility  (Read 25824 times)

0 Members

Online Leenaj

• Gold Member
modify
pls give a step by step guide to ICSI Procedure
« Reply #90 on: 25/09/15, 08:39 »
hi,
its likely we will need ICSI - will find out in 2.5 weeks time. pls can someone give me an easy breakdown of what the procedure will be - starting from the v top- what will happen and time scales including blood tests, down reg etc

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline wibble-wobble

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #91 on: 25/09/15, 09:45 »
    Which clinic are you at they all differ in how they do things slightly.

Online Leenaj

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #92 on: 25/09/15, 10:12 »
    manchester fertility

Online Leenaj

• Gold Member
    modify
    How long is the ICSI pathway on the Nhs ?
    « Reply #93 on: 26/09/15, 22:04 »
    Hi all,

Just and enquiry how long icsi take on the nhs ?

Offline wibble-wobble

• Volunteer
    modify
    How long is the ICSI pathway on the Nhs ?
    « Reply #94 on: 27/09/15, 10:10 »
    I'm moving your post to the clinic you are referred to. you'll get the right answers for your clinic by asking these kinds of questions there. Every clinic has different wait times for various tests then some have a wait to start treatment the answers you could get here will be varied and could lead to confusion.

A long protocol cycle usually takes around 2 months from start to finish. If your clinic do short protocol it'll be done in about a month.

Offline Lilly83

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    Manchester Fertility
    « Reply #95 on: 27/09/15, 10:20 »
    Hi Leenaj

Where are you in regards to your treatment? Have you had an initial appt at Manchester Fertility yet? Have you had tests through your GP or local hospital? It usually takes the same amount of time regardless of NHS or private, it just depends on the wait with your clinic and if you need any further investigations or tests and also the timing of your cycle

I would say 3 months from your initial appt might be about right providing there's no delays however I haven't cycled at MFS myself

Lilly x

Online Leenaj

• Gold Member
    modify
    Manchester Fertility
    « Reply #96 on: 28/09/15, 21:57 »
    Hi Lilly,

Well we are no where with treatment. We are private with Manchester fertiilt, had all tests and ops done with them. So far they have sent us away for 3 months to see if DH sperm improves. If it does then they have suggested Clomid as I only have one tube working hence to encourage ovulation more readily from one side working, otherwise it looks like ICSI.

Offline Trinibelini

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Manchester Fertility
    « Reply #97 on: 3/11/15, 20:41 »
    We are just about to start our 3rd cycle at MF.
    Had one cycle at a different clinic in Manchester. BFN.
    Changed to MF due to multi cycle payment scheme and I have found them fabulous and friendly. Had a BFN in early September at MF.
    From the initial meeting, I managed to get first appointment in a couple of weeks....it all depends which consultant you want to see.
    Then things moved very quickly, it was us who delayed it due to holiday! From initial appointment we could have started next month.
    I did long protocol this summer which was about 2 weeks of down reg. 12 days of stims. 2 days later ICSI EC. 5 day blast and morula. Then the dreaded 2WW.
    This time I'm doing short protocol, so expected 12 day stim....then fingers crossed!
    X x x

Online Leenaj

• Gold Member
    modify
    Manchester Fertility
    « Reply #98 on: 3/11/15, 22:48 »
    Hi trinibelleni,

I am seeing Dr polson, he treated me privately at Oaklands hospital for tube clipping so I wanted to have continuity. But I think he is super busy. I wanted to start ideally my cycle now, which would make it a week of 16th of Novemeber. But he was away for 2 weeks so we couldn't get in any faster since mid October, so I feel I am month behind. I was trying to get into see someone else but in the end decided to go with Dr polson, especially since he reccomended Ivf and not Icsi for us, which I was pleased about. The clinic are fab, but I think since out meeting on 14 th October, I'm waiting until mid December to start cycling...isn't that too long? I was under the impression that we would be starting asAp 21 days after my next period.

Offline Trinibelini

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Manchester Fertility
    « Reply #99 on: 3/11/15, 23:41 »
    Hi Leenaj,
    I did exactly the same and waited for Dr Polson for our follow up appointment as he took over our case after our initial consultant went on maternity leave. I really liked him and the continuity.
    However, after our first plan was put together, I'm sure we didn't see the consultant again, just phoned for the prescription for drugs and then phoned when I started my AF. I would maybe give them a call, there is a fabulous nurse called Sam who I found really useful and kind and honest!  X x x