Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

Manchester Fertility

32K views 110 replies 35 participants last post by  Miss Dee 
#1 ·
Hi ladies I have just found this board - Brilliant

I am starting clomid and follicle tracking this month after trying for 4 years for our second child.

The consultant has suggested 3 months and then moving onto IVF. Has anyone had treatment at MF? I don't know to even pick between the clinics. I have ended up at Manchester fertility for the clomid and follicle tracking due to a recommendation.

Thanks x

#27 ·
Hello
I am also at MFS and totally agree that they're lovely. Love Rita on reception! Always makes sure I am calm.
I was wondering whether you knew of any groups that get together in the manchester, lands or Cheshire areas? I've seen others get together and thought this might be a good network for me as am on the single path.
Thanks
Helen x

#28 ·
Hels, I love Rita ^hugme^ She is just the nicest person ever. I always stay and have a chat with her, she's a delight. I like them all though, hopefully we can go back there and do our ivf. X

#30 ·
Hi lovekalkan
My amh is horrifically low but my fsh is ok. So at MFS, they said I could do ivf with my own eggs though the chances were really low - am 41 so this is a big factor and hence the bfn! Am using donor eggs now so fingers crossed my donor has been able to give me the best present ever!!!
Helen x

#31 ·
lovekalkan, my amh is low, 5.4. I'm just waiting for funding to come through then we'll be going ahead with ivf. Had appt with consultant last Friday and she was very positive about it all, there was no suggestion of donor eggs. I know mine isn't terribly low but it's low enough.
They do a lot of open evenings, maybe give them a ring and see when their next one is or just get some information from them.
Best of luck to you. X

#33 ·
Lovekalkan - meant to say that I was nervous to attend an open evening as on my own but instead I asked so many questions over email before and after my first consultation. Jenny, who was my patient advisor, was fab with prompt responses and helpful :)

#34 ·
Hi Ladies, quick update not been on for a couple of weeks.

So brief recap .....My AMH was at 0.68 but went on dhea for 3 months and it increased to 7.9, so it went up quite a bit ( still not desirable but much better!)
Started on long protocol mid Feb. Responded poorly to stimms day 5 only had 2 follicle's over 15 mm and a Small one. I was really gutted :( but tried to remain positive.
Egg Collection - Friday 14th March 2014 - I was pleased to find out they found 5 eggs! Not a high number but considering my follicles it was more that I expected! ;D

Lab rang this Saturday 15th March 2014 andall 5 had fertilised, they provisionally booked me in for a 3 day transfer for Monday ( Today) The 17th March it would consider moving to day 5 depending of the development.

Just had phone call this morning we have which will be day 3 for my little bro's........there doing great.
2 @ 7 cells
1@ 8 cells
1@12 cells
1 @ Morula
All top grade!! Omg cant believe it!

So were moving to Wednesday as it looks like we will have a few Bastos!!

Just wanted to put it out there guys, that its not always the end of the world with low amh, I genuinely believe that without It I wouldn't of got the quality. 5 eggs. 5 fertilised and all doing great at day 3.

Please all pray for me and my embryos and hopefully we can make a bfp!! ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^

You are all in my thoughts and prayers and hopefully it will be a great year for you all - God Willing ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^

Love katie.x

#35 ·
Wow Katie, that's really positive news!!!! Fingers crossed x

#37 ·
Katie, ^pompom^ that's great. Hopefully this is your month. Fingers crossed.
What dose of dhea is everyone taking? I'm on 25mg 3 times a day. Is this about right? I'm hoping it does some good. X

#38 ·
Thank you guys. I was on DHEA for 3-4 months at 75mg. 25mg 3 times a day.
Im sure it will help you all in some way of not in quantity hopefully in quality. The guys are lovely at Manchechester Fertility Services and are really willing me along every step of the way.

#39 ·
Hi ladies, hope you don't mind me joining in.

After a long couple of years, clomid etc we are now on route to our first IVF at MF.

We are private as I am 40 so we have self referred with a covering letter from my NHS consultant with info about my treatment so far.

Up to now we have only had an initial conversation with a patient adviser who has given us details of what needs to be done prior to treatment starting, which is a load more tests.

Lucky for us we have an amazing GP who has agreed to run all the pre treatment tests for us. We have had bloods and hubby's SA done, just waiting for my appointment for an up to date ultrasound scan, then we can hopefully get started.

I am also on dhea, 75mg a day (amongst all my other supplements, I must rattle when I walk lol). I had done lots of reading up on it and planned to start it anyway when my nhs consultant also brought it up at my last appt.

I have also lost almost 2 and a half stone since October on slimming world to get my bmi down, it is now about 33. I know it isn't part of the rules when you go private, but I want to be as healthy as possible to start IVF. Hubby has also lost weight and we are both eating healthier and I don't really drink alcohol and he has cut right back and is on his supplements too  ;)

It is so nice to hear good things about a clinic when you are about to embark on an already daunting journey.

I chose this clinic as one of my fertility friends from my clomid thread has been there recently and said everyone was lovely. Cost wise, clinics are pretty much the same give or take a little here and there.

Who knows our paths may cross and we may never now  ;)

#40 ·
Hi Spudlin

Congratulations on your weight loss !! I have about the same BMI as you...it's so hard isn't it? I was thinking of joining Slimming World too. Did Manchester Fertility not bother about your weight then? I have may first consultation on Saturday so was a bit worried they might tell me to lose weight !

Good luck with everything and keep us up to date xx

#41 ·
Spudlin, best of luck. I'm waiting for my funding to come through then hopefully we'll be doing ivf at MF too. I'm super excited and impatient! I'm also starting slimming world tonight. I'm going to go shopping for stuff later. Do you find it easy? It looks ok to me, much better than all that weighing of things.
Manchester fertility are really good too, I'd definitely agree. We've had all our treatment there so far. It didn't work for us but we're still happy. X

#42 ·
Ladies, no one has mentioned anything to me about my bmi and I did put it on my self referral. We are private and the general consensus seems to be that it is an NHS requirement for funding.

I find slimming world really easy. I was more strict at first, but still managed to have a treat every day. Not being a big drinker certainly helps as that uses up lots of syns.

I have not followed it religiously on holiday or at Christmas, but still didn't put loads back on and have easily shifted it again straight away.

Some days at work I find it frustrating cos we get drug reps in a lot who bring lunches with lots of naughties. I just avoid the staff room  ;D If I have a naughty at work I can't have another after my tea and I look forward to this lol.

I am just waiting for all my tests to be completed by my GP before I can arrange our first consultation. I am impatient and I'm sure they would have been quicker if Manchester fertility had done them, but it is saving us over £500 having them done on the NHS and we are fortunate to have a great GP, who has agreed to do them knowing we are private IVF patients.

#43 ·
Spoke to MFS yesterday and have arranged our first consult for the 17th April  :p

They said it is fine to go ahead with appointment as we are only waiting for a couple of blood tests to come back and for me to have a scan. i spoke to the scan dept at my local hosp yesterday who said it should be within the next couple of weeks.

#44 ·
Spudlin, it's good that your getting somewhere. It'll be here before you know it. X

#45 ·
Had my scan today prior to my appt and was shocked to find out that I have a backward tilted womb and a fibroid. Neither of which have ever been brought up before and I have had so many scans and tests over the last 2 years including a hycosy!!

Just hoping it doesn't affect things. He did say a small fibroid??

I emailed Mfs just to see if there is anything else I need to do prior to my appointment, in light of today's findings  :-\

#49 ·
Had our initial consult last Thursday. Lovely staff. I needed a repeat amh cos the nhs one only shows a range and not a specific figure, which is fair enough and they wanted a repeat scan to check on location of the fibroids and follicle count and to check that the cyst was going away.

Bloods done there and then and scan the next morning. Going back for our follow up a week tomorrow (have to wait for blood result to come back). Scan was positive, fibroids don't appear to be an issue, cyst is reducing and had good follicle count. Sonographer said she would be happy if it was her scan, which I found reassuring.

Feeling a bit more positive now and hopefully we will get the go ahead to start when we go next week  :)

#50 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.