* Author Topic: Camomile during pregnancy  (Read 2572 times)

0 Members

Offline benborg23

• Un-Ranked
modify
Camomile during pregnancy
« on: 27/12/13, 11:08 »
I've heard that using camomile during pregnancy is a bad idea. Does anyone know if this is true?

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline mazv

• It's a knockout champion 2010
    • VIP Member Sponsor
    • Third time lucky!!!
    modify
    « Reply #1 on: 28/12/13, 21:32 »
    https://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=87520.0
    [/size]
    [/size]Info on the above thread states that the oil should be used with caution, but nothing to suggest that the flower or tea shouldn't be taken.

modify
    « Reply #2 on: 29/12/13, 07:50 »
    I take camomile tea bags from time to time (not a fan of tea on regular basis) but it is decaf. It's safe, I read about it just don't overdo it. Water and natural juice are still the best for you and your baby.

Offline balderdasher

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #3 on: 8/01/14, 11:11 »
    I believe camomile is fine. It's a lot more natural than most things and shouldn't be harmful. But of course, do so in moderation. Just a little bit of it should be ok. Of course, if you are really worried, always consult with your doctor.

Offline mscandy35

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #4 on: 30/05/14, 20:12 »
    There are mix kind of reports and few renown institutes (university of Maryland, American pregnancy association) advises not to drink chamomile tea during pregnancy because of its side-effects (potential risk of miscarriage)

Chamomile has such powerful anti-inflammatory properties that regular consumption may result in a serious foetal heart problem, premature constriction of the foetal ductus arteriosus, which allows the foetus to “breathe” in the womb. ^eyes^
    However, it is always advisable for pregnant women to speak with their doctors before taking any herbs, whether in tea or supplement form.

Hope it makes sense.

Candy.

Offline ScarletAnn

modify
    « Reply #5 on: 10/09/15, 11:45 »
    Chamomile for massage (German and Roman) shouldn't be used at all during pregnancy.
    It's too risky and harmful.
    Don't know about teabags, but I personally wouldn't xx