* Author Topic: leeds and seacroft - Part 11  (Read 154174 times)

0 Members

Offline Chelle868

modify
leeds and seacroft - Part 11
« Reply #90 on: 22/01/14, 10:17 »
Thanks for the replies :-) ooo il have a look at those restaurants in a bit.  ;D
hope your feeling better today daisycake !

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Togetherness

modify
    « Reply #91 on: 22/01/14, 10:32 »
    Hiya everyone.  ^wave^. Hope you're all ok.
    Daisycake: take it easy, hope you're feeling a bit better.
    BJB and Daydreamer: hope you are doing ok. x
    Ivfmamma: all I can say is ouch! hope you're starting to recover a bit and that someone is waiting on you hand and foot.
    Toni: hi there. can only also suggest having a look at the website or giving them a bell. I can second that Alison is lovely, I'm pretty sure it was her whose friday night I ruined on the out of hours phone once when things were looking very dire. She helped me through the scan following morning as well. She was really kind, and our twins have now made it to 33 1/2 weeks.

Starting to get cabin fever (though the resting is nice!) so might take myself out for a coffee...

Offline sarahsuperdork

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #92 on: 22/01/14, 10:58 »
    Toni - We saw Alison for our sperm match appointment too, she was absolutely lovely. We were NHS funded though due to my fertility issues so I'm not sure on cost I'm afraid. She did say at the time that there was a huge shortage of UK donors though so they ship donations in from elsewhere; all of our potential matches were Scandinavian. This might add to the cost because they'll have to get it here as well. I checked the website and it lists costs for everything BUT donor sperm!

Togetherness - Hope you're doing well, not too long to go now. Definitely enjoy your rest.

DaisyCake - Hope you're feeling better today, DR can definitely make you fuzzy. NHS funding is hit and miss for same-sex couples; I had to really fight for mine with the argument that I could never conceive naturally whoever I was partnered with.

Offline DaisyCake

modify
    « Reply #93 on: 22/01/14, 12:55 »
    I actually can't believe that Sarah I am shocked. This is 2013 for goodness sake, whatever happened to equal rights!! :(

Hope you got out for some fresh air togetherness, but yes it might be a good idea to enjoy the rest while you can!

I'm feeling alright thanks everybody. Just don't really feel like myself - snappy and on the verge of tears today and I am so bloated - but I am trying to keep positive and focus on the outcome!!  ^pray^

Daisy xx

Offline Toni99

• our time will come for us all <3
    modify
    « Reply #94 on: 22/01/14, 13:08 »
    Thankyou everyone ill have a look an see what i can find :) really excited about getting the ball moving with treatment now . Hoe exciting togetherness congrats and good luck with the birth, :):)
    Daisy cake yes cause we are same sex couple and i have a son from a previous relationship whos 7 they wouldnt even try and help us with funding which i dont mind too much as ino there are alot ofg couples who need the funding and theres not much funding to go around, im only younge so hopefully times on our side.
    Good luck to everyone xx

Offline sarahsuperdork

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #95 on: 22/01/14, 16:32 »
    DaisyCake - Well, it's done on need really. If you have no fertility issues, I don't think you should be entitled to NHS funding. Sorry if that's a bit controversial! I saved up for private treatment fully expecting to have to pay before I found out my tubes were blocked but had they been ok, I would have been happy to have paid privately. I think it's totally normal to feel the way you do, I remember snapping the day before AF arrived when I was on DR and cried on the phone to my boss! So embarrassing!

Toni - Wishing you lots of luck! I'm sending some first timer luck over to you, I really hope it goes as well for you as it did for us.

Offline Mrsf2012

modify
    « Reply #96 on: 22/01/14, 19:48 »
    hello!! i didn't realize we had a new thread, wondered why the last thread said new home, dosey arn't i !!
    huge congratulations ivfmamma hes beautiful! you give me something to look forward to seen as we had very similar problems

i will try and catch up with everyone i seem to have missed 10 pages lol

mrf had his sperm test yesterday so just waiting to hear from leeds for our next appointment, does anyone know what happens at the next appointment

Offline Toni99

• our time will come for us all <3
    modify
    « Reply #97 on: 22/01/14, 20:11 »
    Thankyou soo much sarah we are really excited :) just trying to stay grounded as not sure how many times we can realistic aford to do it.
    What was your journey like sarah?  saw on your signiture you have  a BFP congratulations :):) xxx

Offline sarahsuperdork

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #98 on: 22/01/14, 20:35 »
    Hi Mrsf! Not sure about the appointment process but sure someone else will be able to help. Hope Mrf's tests went well.

Toni - If you have no fertility issues, your chances of success are good. It's difficult to put into perspective the success rates of IUI because they include all couples (including those with issues) not just gay couples. There's a lady on my due date thread that had IUI and was successful first time.

Our journey was a bit more complicated as I was being checked for PCOS but actually found out I had blocked and damaged tubes. We were all set to go to CARE Manchester for private IUI until then. I had a tube removed and was told IUI was unlikely to work for me, so my consultant pushed for NHS funding for IVF, which we were very lucky to get. It was then successful first time in August at Seacroft, so so blessed. :)

Offline Mozzy

modify
    « Reply #99 on: 22/01/14, 20:38 »
    It sounds like we're only a few weeks apart Katie 791. Yes they gave me a checklist which if I'm honest I can't wait to tick some things off of it:). Thank you for letting me know about the hsg it Would be amazing if they let me gave the results there and then:). Hopefully they will do. It's a just a waiting game now as I can't make any new appointments until I start the provera as the blood tests have to be done on day 3 of my cycle. I totally get your impatience as I would be the same.

Daisy hi:) I hope your feeling much better today xx