* Author Topic: IUI starting January 2014 - New Year New Start  (Read 13376 times)

0 Members

Offline _MrsH_

• Gold Member
modify
IUI starting January 2014 - New Year New Start
« Reply #10 on: 27/01/14, 21:39 »
Eeeek how exciting......went for another scan today. The one follicle we had on the left side which was 15mm on Saturday was 14mm today. The nurse said that it might have started dying off now which is incredibly disappointing. But then the smaller ones on the right side have shot from 9mm to 17mm!! How does that even happen?! So now we are ready...............I think!!!

I took the trigger shot an hour ago and now I'm feeling a little sick and have a headache. I hate this feeling but quite glad its the last one....hopefully we wont have to do this anymore. I don't think emotionally I could handle it.

We now have to go back Wednesday - the hubby is there to do his bit at 8:30am and then we both go for the procedure at 10:30am. Can't wait. We're gonna go for a coffee (not me - I'll have milk!) and breakfast while we wait. (More waiting!)

Fingers crossed that it goes well - I don't think I could cope with negative.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline _MrsH_

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #11 on: 28/01/14, 22:44 »
    So, tomorrow is the big day. Feeling really anxious now, hoping all goes ok. Can't get to sleep! Will post again tomorrow. arghhhh!!!

Offline _MrsH_

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #12 on: 30/01/14, 20:35 »
    So the dreaded two week wait begins. How people manage to get through it I don't know. We only had our first iui yesterday at 10:50am and already I'm struggling!! 

Yesterday itself was ok. The hubby had to give his sample at 8:30 am and was very stressed as the traffic was bad and we were 10 minutes late! I had to shout at him as he was beginning to stress me out and I was becoming more freaked out! He then calmed don a bit. All was fine though, although he seemed to be gone ages! Surely it doesn't take that long after going without for a five days (its how long they told us to abstain for!) When I quizzed him after he admitted he'd read BBC news on his phone before starting as he didn't want to be too quick!! haha  he then said that another man's sample was left on the ledge....hope they picked the right one!!

We then disappeared for a Starbucks and waited for 2 hours....which was awful, time dragged by so slowly!! We then ran (!) back up to the ACU and went more or less straight in. I had to change into a theatre gown and hubby into scrubs! Took a few photos and sent them to my mother-in-law and she cried!! She is as anxious as us waiting for news! I almost cried before going in as I was that desperate for a wee!! Had to beg to go to the loo beforehand as I have a tiny, over active bladder. The nurse was lovely though and let me go!

We then went in and had to sign a consent for to agree to the treatment as there was a risk of having twins due to there being two follicles there. We wouldn't mind twins though....we've waited for so long that two would be a bonus!!

I then got sorted on the bed and the doctor cleaned my uterus etc. We then waited for what seemed an age whilst the embryologist brought in the sperm and checked it with us! All I could think of while I had my legs up and the doctors face was 'down there' was whether I'd hair removalled properly!! haha  How embarrassing!!

The procedure was done and we were free to go. I'm glad I don't have to use any pessaries though which is good as I wasn't looking forward to using them. Then it was home to begin the wait..........

We spent all afternoon on the settee watching Tudors and doing nothing! Had fish and chips for dinner which was a bonus too. Slept so well though last night....must have been exhausted. Got through work today ok and even went to the gym tonight although I did take it easy!!  Just the next two weeks to contend with!!!

Offline _MrsH_

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #13 on: 31/01/14, 21:54 »
    Had a panic that perhaps the gym isn't the right thing to do but the nurses did tell me to carry on as normal.

Went out with my mum and mother-in-law tonight to take my mind off of things and stop me waiting! I decided to tell my mum about us having the treatment after saying I wasn't going to tell her. She asked when we were next at the hospital and it just came out. I told her we were there on 12th February to find out whether or not we were pregnant as we'd had the treatment on Wednesday. I then left feeling absolutely gutted as she said 'oh right, let me know how you get on.'

I'm now feeling absolutely devastated - I expected a bit more of a reaction to be honest. At least my mother-in-law and best friend are excited for us. Can you believe it? My own mum! Not only has it upset me but it has really angered me. I would protect my children until the end of the earth so why does she not feel like that about me. Am I being too irrational??

Offline _MrsH_

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #14 on: 4/02/14, 21:29 »
    This two week wait is ridiculous, I can't concentrate on anything!!  My boobs have been a little sore today and over the last few days I have been weeing every 30-40 minutes which is ridiculous. Also felt sick most of the day. Hoping this is all positive news....fingers crossed!

Started praying that our treatment works first time - how we'd get through it again I don't know!! A week tomorrow is our Official Test Day (OTD) and it can't come soon enough. xx

Offline _MrsH_

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #15 on: 7/02/14, 16:47 »
    Woke up this morning with a heavy feeling in my stomach. Convinced annual flow is coming. I've felt sorry for myself all day as I know that I will be devastated if it shows. However, if it is on its way I'd rather it be over the weekend and not when I'm at work at I work at a secondary school and wouldn't want to be crying all day!!

The stomach ache has worn off now so I'm praying for a miracle. Don't think I could face this again.

xx

Offline _MrsH_

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #16 on: 8/02/14, 12:43 »
    Today i've stopped with the heavy belly feeling and having pain in my left ovary, it feels like a pulling/twinging pain. Had enough of waiting....I need to know!!!

Offline _MrsH_

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #17 on: 9/02/14, 19:04 »
    Only (!!!) 3 more sleeps until OTD. Woke up again this morning with period pain which has died off now but having lots of cramping pain in my left ovary - think I will mention it on Wednesday when I go. I'm so not feeling positive anymore. I already feel gutted and I know it isn't over yet. These emotions are making me feel ridiculous.

My hubby went to church this morning but I couldn't face all the questions so I stayed home - when he came home he said that he had lit a candle for me and said a prayer which really upset me - I know he cares but it made me feel like I shouldn't be upset. Do I need prayer?? I suppose I need God to help me through it but prayer?

Offline _MrsH_

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #18 on: 10/02/14, 21:02 »
    Only 2 sleeps to go until OTD, can't shake this negative feeling.   :(

I pray that I have nothing to worry about but i'm sure it will be negative. Trying to persuade the hubby to go and get a test but he's having none of it - at least if its out of the way I can get on with things xx

Offline _MrsH_

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #19 on: 11/02/14, 21:08 »
    I think that it might be over for us.  :'(   far too much information coming up but..... been for a wee and when I wiped there was a bit of pink on the paper. I had to come off the loo then as my father-in-law knocked at the door. I went back after and there wasn't anything there apart from discharge. Feeling a bit lost really - not sure how I should feel. The husband is at the football so I'm on my own. Is this really the end???