* Author Topic: IUI starting January 2014 - New Year New Start  (Read 13371 times)

0 Members

Offline _MrsH_

• Gold Member
modify
IUI starting January 2014 - New Year New Start
« Reply #20 on: 12/02/14, 16:42 »
OFFICIAL TEST DAY!!!

I am absolutely gutted. Infact gutted is not the word - I'm devastated. Never thought I could hurt this much.

Never mind a big fat negative - more like a massive fat negative for us this morning. Went to the hospital for the bloods done - had to go straight back to work and not 20 minutes later AF arrived!!! Today of all days - why nost last night - or tomorrow! I saw it and was absolutely gutted, had to go straight home as I was so upset. I couldn't even speak to David to pick me up I was crying that much. We went home and phoned the results line to be told that it is a BFN to which I said I knew (!) and they said that we could have a month off or start again tomorrow. We'd already spoken about it and are going to go straight into round 2. So it begins.....day 2 scan tomorrow. 

Fingers crossed we have better luck next time xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline _MrsH_

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #21 on: 13/02/14, 18:29 »
    I went back to the ACU this morning - my husband had to work so I took the mother-in-law with me for support. She's my rock bless her, an absolutely amazing woman. We waited such a long time today, was extremely busy. Had bloods done....again!! Then had a scan and all looks good so far. I told nurse that my period is really heavy this time and she said that this is normal due to all the extra hormones and my body is finally doing what it should be.

I phoned them back in the afternoon and was told to stick to a dose of 50 with Gonal-F. They said that as the previous cycle went well and we had 2 follicles we should stick with it for now as they don't want too many to produce and risk a cancelled cycle.

Well its that time - I need to do the first injection. eeeekkkkkk

Offline _MrsH_

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #22 on: 15/02/14, 19:21 »
    So day 3 of injecting and feeling highly emotional and really sicky. I think you kind of forget what it feels like. I know it hasn't been long since we injected but I suppose you put it out of your mind and try not to remember. I suppose its just another part of the journey and once you pass it you dont really remember it. Thursday seems a long way off xx

Offline _MrsH_

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #23 on: 20/02/14, 19:59 »
    I went this morning for the scan, waited longer than we've ever waited. At 9:20am I had to ask if they'd forgotten us!! I always wonder when I'm there if certain people 'look' like they post on here!! Had the scan, not much happening so far, but the follicles were slow getting started last time. The nurse said that she thought I'd have to up the gonal-f dose but when I phoned back they said to carry on as we are and go back Monday.....

So, more waiting!!

Already worrying about Monday as its 2 days before pay day and we can't afford to get there....arghhh!!!! It costs us around 10 in diesel every time we go so if we go 3 times a week it soon adds up. Luckily we have my lovely in-laws to help us out.

Offline _MrsH_

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #24 on: 23/02/14, 19:39 »
    Seem to have a constant headache with this lot of gonal-f. Its driving me mad. No amount of painkillers is taking it off. Getting a fair few twinges in my ovaries so hopefully thats a good sign. Suppose we'll see tomorrow x

Offline _MrsH_

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #25 on: 24/02/14, 22:39 »
    Been at the hospital today, there seems to be one larger follicle which is 12mm. Have to go back on Wednesday to check again. Hopefully treatment will be this week. Felt very sick all day. This nausea is driving me mad. Although I'm feeling quite ill this time around I am quite relaxed about it, maybe thats because I know what to expect. So fingers crossed for Wednesdays scan.

Did have a call from my doctors this afternoon, I have to go back for some bloods repeated as my iron has come back low (which they'll check in 3 months time) but the potassium levels in my blood are high which could indicate kidney problems. It never rains...

Offline _MrsH_

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #26 on: 25/02/14, 23:41 »
    Had a bit of a mental breakdown today! Started off a lovely day - I had some girlfriends over with their little ones which was lovely and we had such a great time but it still makes me sad that we still have to fight for a family.

I then received a call from my niece to say that her dad (my brother) and his girlfriend were having a little boy.  They haven't shown any compassion towards me since they've been pregnant and I know it is awful but I can't feel happy for them. It hurts too much. It isn't about being jealous because I'm not but I am envious......or am I jealous - I dont know?!! I know it is horrible and I don't feel very Christian for saying it. All I want is for them to ask about me for a change. It drives me mad that they don't care.  I just can't seem to stop crying. It makes me feel worse that I just want to be able to feel normal and be happy but I can't. I want to shut myself away from everyone which isn't the answer. I have 15 nieces and nephews - I'm fed up of having them, I just want a baby of my own. Don't get me wrong, I'm not fed up of them.....I just have that many I don't need another one!!

I just wish other people were so understanding. I feel like all I do is moan. I can put on a smiley face for people but it doesn't stop my heart hurting inside. Its nice to be able to post on here where people understand me. I hear people moaning about morning sickness and needing a wee more often and it makes my blood boil, I cant wait to have those times. I have a phobia of being sick but if it meant I was having a baby of my own, I'd cope with it.

Back for another scan tomorrow, hope the little follies are growing xxx

Offline _MrsH_

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #27 on: 26/02/14, 10:55 »
    Just back from the hospital, had another scan and more bloods, followed by bloods at my own doctors (I'm sure there'll be none left at this rate!!) Got to phone back this afternoon but looks like treatment will be on Saturday. Largest follicle is at 16mm so should be right for Saturday. I just pray that this time is our time xx

Offline _MrsH_

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #28 on: 28/02/14, 21:53 »
    We had our second round of iui this morning. We went early so that the hubby could do his sample which seemed to take forever - much longer than last time! (obviously had stage fright!!)   We nipped for a cuppa (Starbucks special!) and went back for 10:30am for the procedure which was much more painful than the first time around. I had lots of cramping which felt like period pain and made me feel really sick. I could feel the panic rising inside and had to fight not to cry. I then had pain on and off all day too so not done much apart from snooze since I got home. It also made me bleed which it didn't last time and was quite tight putting the catheter and syringe thing in, although the nurses seemed to think that that was a good sign....(I didn't because it was painful haha).

We now have OTD on 14th march, hope the next two weeks go quickly!!

The mother-in-law did treat me to 6's worth of sweets from Granelli's on the way home so munched on them all, made me feel much better!!

Offline _MrsH_

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #29 on: 2/03/14, 21:34 »
    Today has been one of those days. Absolutely awful!  :'(   We went to Church this morning and I received a text from my brothers girlfriend who is pregnant and likes to rub my nose in it. (Honestly, she is the only woman in the world to ever have been pregnant!! I would kill to be that tired!!)          Anyway she text me to say that her and my brother had been talking and wanted to know if I would like to be her birthing partner (along with my brother) and possibly cut the cord. This prompted me to burst into tears and leave Church to calm down!

I know that some reading this will think I'm being ridiculous - but to me its one thing being pregnant but its another thing to rub my face in it! The problem for me is that they are still yet to ask about treatment and how its going. Part of me wants to say get stuffed! The other part (the nasty part) wants to do it to see her in pain!!  ^bigbad^

In the end, after a few hours deliberation and a good cry, I told them that we were going through some stuff and I'd have to think about it. How do I get out of it?? Arghhh   She then text back to say they know we are going through some stuff but they thought I'd like to do it! How about get f*cked!

On another note, I've still being feeling sore after iui. Not really started driving myself mad yet which is good. Also back at work tomorrow so will keep me busy xx