* Author Topic: IUI starting January 2014 - New Year New Start  (Read 13373 times)

0 Members

Offline _MrsH_

• Gold Member
modify
IUI starting January 2014 - New Year New Start
« Reply #30 on: 4/03/14, 17:41 »
Feeling ok so far on this two week wait, think I'm feeling more relaxed....well so far I am!! I'm sure next week will be very different and I will be going insane!

I do have a job interview tomorrow so I have something else to focus on too which is good. Fingers crossed for this! Something else to focus on would be great.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline _MrsH_

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #31 on: 6/03/14, 19:51 »
    Oh my God.....I got the job!!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

So excited, although very nervous!

Our big day is a week tomorrow so fingers crossed our good luck keeps with us.  Hubby is off work now with plantar facitis so hopefully with his new leg splint etc. he'll be feeling better soon.

Offline _MrsH_

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #32 on: 9/03/14, 20:40 »
    Had an emotional day today - woke up with period pain so convinced AF is on its way! Grrrr feeling negative now and can't shake it.

It sounds daft being so upset that I have period pain and I'm praying that its just one of those things and I'll have a positive on Friday but I think in my heart I know it wont be. I think I know that we'll have to go all the way to ivf before we get good news and that is really hard to take. I've said before that I never planned on having IVF but I suppose in a way I've always known we'd have to go the distance x

Offline _MrsH_

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #33 on: 13/03/14, 18:56 »
    We're definitely out again!  :'( :'( :'(

Even though OTD isn't until tomorrow AF reared its ugly head today. I am feeling absolutely gutted, more upset than last time. Still have to go tomorrow for bloods and scans. I so wanted it to work, I really pray that next time we have our lucky break as I don't want to get all the way to ivf. It feels like we are one step closer to having our dream pulled apart! Its devastating. I am seriously feeling like I've let myself down. I cant bare the hurt anymore xx

Offline _MrsH_

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #34 on: 21/03/14, 20:09 »
    I've been a bit quiet this week. We went for bloods on OTD which was a BFN....obviously!! At the same time I was able to have bloods and scans in order to start round 3 of IUI so we can get moving quickly again. I started injecting last Saturday and had a constant headache since - you seem to forget about that....although I haven't had much nausea this time which is a big positive.

Started my new job last Monday so just completed my first week, it is going to be a new challenge with lots of hard work but will keep my mind off of our struggle to make a family. The week has gone so fast, but it brings us quickly to our next appointment tomorrow for scans but then brings us closer to treatment day which should be the following weekend.

I just pray hard that we will get our happy ending, third time lucky! Was speaking to a lady at work and she had IUI and got pregnant third time round which is something to make me feel more positive. My positivity has waned this time, we haven't really spoken about treatment or injecting with each other - we've kind of just got on with it. I don't think I could bare the hurt of it not working this time. The lady on one born every minute this week got caught pregnant on the third round of IUI so it seems to be all around us at the moment. I think if it didn't work this time and we had to go to IVF i'd go to pieces. It'd confirm that my body isn't designed to do what some women can do and that devastates me.

Offline _MrsH_

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #35 on: 23/03/14, 20:05 »
    So, I've had the worst day in a long time! Completely, 100% had enough today.

We went to church this morning as we do most Sundays. I was in a bit of a mood as one of the priests is in training and he's a shmuck so it always puts me in a mood when he's there! Anyway, as I was already in a bit of a mood as I felt unwell with nausea and headache, that made me feel worse. Today's sermon felt really contradictory. Don't get me wrong I'm not part of the God Squad or anything, I do believe that there is a God but today part of me cant understand why, if God exists, does he put people through such unbelievable hard times. I don't believe that if he existed I would have to cope with all this.

Anyway, as I voiced my opinion to my husband I apparently upset him with my point of view, obviously my opinion counts for nothing!! I'm absolutely furious that he dismisses it. Its not usually like this but I'm feeling quite tender at the moment, I feel in my head and heart that I will have to have ivf treatment and in all honestly I don't want it. That's not to say that I don't want a child, far from it, its just that if I had to have ivf it would only confirm that my body doesn't work like it should and that would be confirmation of it. Confirmation of which I couldn't bare. I'm hurting so bad today that I don't think I can handle it any more. I know I sound ridiculous and such a drama queen but I cant help it. People keep saying that I'll get through it and I'm being really strong but like hell do I feel strong, far from it. How would they know!

Offline _MrsH_

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #36 on: 29/03/14, 23:08 »
    So, round three happened today!! After a god awful week with injections and feeling like death I made it through to IUI day today. We had to be there for 9 - or at least the hubby did. Treatment then happened at 11am. Had a funny thing happen to me whilst waiting in the little waiting room at our clinic. My sister-in-law, god bless her, text me to say that I must remember to not shower and keep my feet up above my head as she'd read it was good to keep sperm in! (She's getting far too into the support role! lol) I replied saying 'You don't really need to do all this, they tell you to carry on as normal and I most certainly will not be laying with my 'get' above my head!' She replied saying 'I love the Rotherham slang, 'get' hahaha'  I had to double check what she was on about and then I realised that I had put that I would be laying with my 'get' above my head...obviously it was a predictive text error and I meant legs!! She thought that 'get' was slang for lady parts!!! hahaha   anyway in the waiting room I had to try and hold it in although I was doubled over laughing!!  She's very daft!!

After the hubby had finished...in record time! we went to grab a cuppa and had a walk round the museum round the corner. I bought a mood ring which wouldn't shift from black. I let the hubby put it on and it turned green which meant calm, relaxed. Black meant nervous, tension. I only bought it to see if it actually worked! I wore it walking round the museum and then during treatment and then when I came to get changed I looked at it and it had gone green. Obviously was trying to tell me something!!

Treatment itself went well, had a bit of cramping but went better than the two previous attempts. The only issues I've had is a bit of stomach cramping tonight but nothing a tub of ice cream can't solve!!

OTD is on the 12th April which seems ages away!!! Eeeeek, fingers crossed for this time! xxx  ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^

Offline _MrsH_

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #37 on: 31/03/14, 17:00 »
    Day 2 and already time is dragging!!! Arghhhhh

Offline _MrsH_

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #38 on: 2/04/14, 19:49 »
    So, had a bit of a panic yesterday...the husband had an email from uni to say he has a day school on Saturday 12th April aka OTD!!! It didn't matter if he had to go as Im sure I'd be ok on my own, he suggested changing it to the Monday but that'd be an extra two sleeps!! I couldn't handle that!! lol  So instead I called them today and they agreed that we could go on Friday 11th instead. xx

Offline _MrsH_

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #39 on: 7/04/14, 18:09 »
    I'm praying the next few days go quicker, had really sore boobs since Saturday but daren't read anything into incase its AF. You can take every little sign or symptom for pregnancy and I'm driving myself mad! Arghhh