* Author Topic: IUI starting January 2014 - New Year New Start  (Read 13378 times)

0 Members

Offline _MrsH_

• Gold Member
modify
IUI starting January 2014 - New Year New Start
« Reply #50 on: 28/05/14, 00:22 »
I had an appointment about my gallbladder today - they are looking into removing it within the next few weeks using keyhole surgery as it looks like it needs to come out. I was hoping they would lazer them instead for the time being but they never mentioned it! I stupidly mentioned that we were having IVF soon so the surgeon told me to ring them to check if I could go ahead, although from his point of view it'd be fine it was up to them whether we could go ahead in June.

I telephoned Jessops to let them know what was said and they said to ring them back tomorrow as they would need to speak to a doctor about when I could go ahead with treatment. Feeling gutted, it never rains eh?! I feel lik emy body is letting me down completely. What with my infertility, my gallbladder and my bladder I'm falling to bits. At least having a pacemaker fitted will be after having a baby. I know that I need this surgery but I so want to go ahead with treatment in June, I dont want to have to wait anymore and i'm guessing it'll be another few months before we can start.

Im now thinking perhaps I should put my gallbladder removal on hold and wait until after ivf. Although I feel like whatever I do it'll be the wrong option. I asked David what he'd do and he said he'd support me no matter what so I still feel stuck!! I dont know what to do!

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline _MrsH_

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #51 on: 28/05/14, 17:37 »
    Arghhhh!!!! I have telephoned jessops back, if I have the surgery I can't have treatment until September. I now have no idea what to do for the best. i'm so stressed. I could just cry!! Grrrr   What do I do?? I've honestly had enough. My body seems to be failing me at the most crucial time. i can't handle it. i need to think about it, my mind is swimming. Spoke to my friend and she had to have 6 weeks off work after having her gallbladder removed which seems a long time.

Offline _MrsH_

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #52 on: 29/05/14, 11:52 »
    So I've kind of decided that I'm going to have to have the gallbladder operation. Don't feel like I have much choice and no matter what I choose I'll feel guilty. Hopefully though they will get it out of the way quickly and in the next few weeks like the consultant said he would. I  think that if I have it now then at least it will be out of the way by the time we have a baby which means that I wont have to go into hospital and miss out on precious new baby moments, which is possibly the only thing that will get me through this decision. A few people have said tat I am very brave for making this choice but is that because they actually think I am brave or is it because they think I'm stupid and making the wrong choice??

Offline _MrsH_

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #53 on: 6/06/14, 21:47 »
    Oh my goodness, had the worst day ever....well not even day because I had a great day at work, was just when I got home. I have finally cracked, feel like i'm having an emotional breakdown. Everything is getting to me now. Its not just the fertility but absolutely everything. My dads dad is dying, I feel so sorry for my dad but I also feel sad for me too. We've never had a relationship, through no fault of my own and because my dads family are idiots who never accepted that my dad had a relationship with my mum and had divorced his first wife. So they've never accepted me or my brother but do speak to my two older brothers, from my dads first marriage.

My sister phoned me yesterday to ask whether my mum had telephoned to tell me they thought my grandad had had another stroke, which obviously she hadn't. No one ever lets me know anything - it honestly makes me sick!! My brother then posted on social media that his girlfriend had gone into labour, again didn't bother to say anything. It really upsets me that none of my family feel like they need to tell me anything. loving widdles take honestly! I have 100%, well and truly had enough. I feel like i've reached my breaking point.

My boss was looking into counselling through work but apparently I can't have it as I'm not off with stress or depression! I know I need support and help but no one will help me.

I'm having my gallbladder out on the 19th and I feel like it ruining my life. Its putting ivf on hold and that makes me sick and anxious. I just want my own family. The only thing making me feel better is that it turns out my brothers girlfriend wet herself which made me laugh!! I know, I sound awful but I can't change my mood.

Offline _MrsH_

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #54 on: 10/06/14, 21:41 »
    So, on Saturday I had to go and be happy at my sisters for a make up trial ready for her wedding in August (!)  which after my mood Friday was quite possibly a bad idea. The weather was absolutely shite......hammered it down ALL day! I also had a feeling that we would be 'having words.' I had had my make up done first followed by my sister. As she was having hers done her fat bloke said 'hows it going?,
    Although I knew exactly what IT meant, I acted dumb by saying 'hows what going?' 
    'IT' he said,
     'no idea what you're on about' I said.
     'The baby stuff' he said!
     'Ah I see' I said, 'thought you was too embarrassed to mention it!'
    I then went on to say that IT was going GREAT (!) and we start ivf in September. Thats good news he said, its gone quick. I laughed! Quick?! We've had 3 rounds of IUI this year, all have which have FAILED!
    My sisters face dropped, still, she said nothing!
    I then went on to say that it has been the most, single-handedly hardest thing I have ever had to get through and to do it on my own, without the support of my family has been incredibly hard. I said that no one had known we were having treatment as they hadn't asked. He then did that tilt of the head think towards my sister and said she knew, I said she didn't to which he said she did. If thats the case Im so angry!! That makes it worse.
    I then just went into a long speech about how hard it has been, yet still she said nothing!! Makes me sick!!  Since then I have had no response from her, apart from to ask to lend me veil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline _MrsH_

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #55 on: 15/06/14, 21:48 »
    Had a few letters last week, one from my doctors to say that I have to have some blood tests repeated although it doesn't say why. I had a few blood tests in regards to my liver levels (I think!) and then I've to have them repeated a few times. Not sure what the problem is. I telephoned them but the receptionist couldn't understand the results so has made an appointment for me to see a doctor tomorrow. Im hoping the levels are high due to having gallstones but im not sure.

I then had a letter from jessops to say we have an appointment with Mr Lashan on 24th June at 3pm. We werent expecting an appointment so presumed it would be to discuss us cancelling treatment for this operation and starting in September. I decided I'd ring them to check. I spoke to a receptionist and explained we'd had a letter. She said that she would get my file to check. She then said they had received a letter from my urology consultant ( to which I said why?!) She said that Mr Harrison had written to Mr Lashen and Mr Lashen would like to meet with us to discuss the letter. I haven't even received a letter from Mr Harrison yet. How can he have written to Jessops without my permission?? I am mega confused!!! As to why Mr Lashen needs to see us I don't know. I have to have a bladder pacemaker fitted but due to costs etc. I was under the impression this would take place after IVF. I finally managed to track down Mr Harrison at Wakefield and spoke to his secretary who was also at a loss, she said that I am not registered on their system yet so as far as she is concerned I haven't been referred so she cannot understand why they have contacted Mr Lashen. However, she is going to find out what is going on and get back to me.

This week is a big week. My period started yesterday so I should have gone for my first scan tomorrow ready to start IVF so feeling a little sad. Have I done the right thing?? Arghhh I feel so stressed out!! I then have a job interview this week for a permanent job at work, I think it might be Tuesday but still unsure, they are fitting mine in before I have my gallbladder removed on Thursday. Feeling slightly sick!!

Offline _MrsH_

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #56 on: 21/06/14, 16:50 »
    So IVF is now officially on hold until September. I had a laparoscopic gallbladder removal on Thursday (2 days ago) and I feel absolutely terrible. At the beginning of last week I was convinced I'd done the wrong thing as I so desperately wanted to start IVF but then on Monday morning I had massive gallbladder pain which made me realise that I needed it done. I was then excited and looking forward to surgery and being pain free. I went to hospital for 7am on Thursday morning and as we set off we had a blazing row!! This resulted in me being in tears as I was convinced my blood pressure would be too high to have the operation. It was so stupid I cant remember what we argued about now but we made up by the time we got to the hospital. Anyway, after being left on my own reading Twilight, I finally got to see the surgeon an hour and a half later who sad I would be the first down to surgery. I then saw the anaesthetist who was amazing and said I was second down! Either way it didn't matter as I was so excited which the anaesthetist thought was strange! I remember being put under at 11:15am, cant remember what time I woke up from surgery but I was in agony! I was finally allowed home at 7:30pm! I dosed all afternoon in hospital and then all night on the settee, I then couldnt sleep when I got to bed. I woke up today in absolute agony, it took me over an hour to get out of bed and go to the toilet and get downstairs. I was shivering, sweating and shaking, it was awful!! I finally managed to get to the settee and have remained here all day. The nurse told me that day three pain is worse so Im not looking forward to tomorrow!!

Offline _MrsH_

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #57 on: 23/06/14, 19:19 »
    Still in pain, belly feels extremely sore - fed up of not being allowed to do anything. Grrrr

We are back at Jessops tomorrow to see Mr Lashan about some letter he received from my consultant at Wakefield. I finally got hold of my consultants (Wakefield) secretary who had no idea what I was talking about. So looks like we will have to wait until tomorrow to find out whats what.

I could so do without the extra stress of this

Offline _MrsH_

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #58 on: 24/06/14, 17:57 »
    Well that seemed to be a complete waste of time! All that bloody worry for nothing. All Mr Lashan wanted was was to basically find out what Fowler's syndrome was and if it would affect pregnancy. I just explained to him what Fowler's is and said that  there is some link to PCOS and Fowler's but we don't know what the link is and after looking online I don't think the experts know either. That was about all he wanted really. He said he didn't know anything about it and he'd not heard of anything like it linking to PCOS and he knows lots about that. I did say that after I seen Wakefield I would ask them to forward on any relevant information to him so he also has a better idea.  HE said that he was going to research the condition this afternoon - I mean why didnt he research it before he saw us!! But at least we can relax knowing he isnt cancelling us  and I confirmed that we're ok to start in September though which we are so just waiting now! 

Im now relaxing on settee, the ride home was horrendous!!

Offline _MrsH_

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #59 on: 19/08/14, 15:06 »
    I am having an absolute nightmare!! Had my gallbladder out, then ended up in hospital a week later after being fobbed off with a 'plaster allergy' by 4 health professionals. Turns out I had cellulitis, haematoma and then when they opened me up an abscess which was leaking. I ended up with an open wound which was packed daily and is now down to being packed every other day. I am currently on set of antibiotics number 5!! I have had infection after infection, I finished one lot last week and went back monday for them to say it was back with extreme bacterial growth (the last infection was medium growth!) How is it getting worse!!! If this lot of antibiotics don't work I have to go back to the surgeon, although i'm not sure what they'll do!! So i'm seriously fed up now - had my operation on 19th June!! I'm hoping that I'm sorted by the end of september - beginning of october.....all these tablets are playing havoc with my cycle. Although I wont push myself.