* Author Topic: IUI starting January 2014 - New Year New Start  (Read 13372 times)

0 Members

Offline _MrsH_

• Gold Member
modify
IUI starting January 2014 - New Year New Start
« Reply #60 on: 15/09/14, 19:07 »
Think that perhaps I need to change the title of this diary now as we are due to start IVF in 2 weeks. I actually feel sick thinking about it. I'm not really worried about the whole procedure as such (well ok then, I am a little) more worrying about how I will handle another negative result. If I could handle it at all....I'm not quite sure!

It seems like years have past since we had our last negative after our third round of IUI....when it has only been 6 months....which I suppose to people like us that is a lifetime. I just want to get on with it now and find my happy ending as I feel it is slipping away. The amount of people who say 'you are only young, enjoy yourselves,' or 'time is on your side' it winds me up, I want a baby with my husband now...not in another 10 years!! I don't think some people quite understand just how tough and mentally challenging this journey is and can be.

I seem to be inundated with pregnant people on my social media...I've had to stop receiving notifications and stuff from them as its beginning to drive me insane. I am happy for them dont get me wrong....I just want my turn. Surely that isn't so much to ask.

As for starting IVF I am so ready.....on a health kick again before we get started. I'm about healed from my gallbladder op that went ridiculously wrong! I'm so hopeful that it will work first time. I pray for it daily. I can't see why God would punish us by making us wait any longer. I know they say what is meant to be will be but I feel that we are meant to be parents.

I started looking online today at fun ways to tell your family you are pregnant, I really need to stop! I don't know how we can get out of people not knowing after 2 weeks......we are thinking of lying and saying we are on some long drawn out IVF procedure (they'd all not know as they don't know much about it!) to bide us an extra couple of weeks! Arghhh I'm more stressed about them knowing early on than anything else!!

I'm sure my period will be late just to keep us waiting even longer!!

IVF......bring it on!!!

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline _MrsH_

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #61 on: 18/09/14, 20:54 »
    Went out for lunch with a couple of friends yesterday and we got chatting about IVF and when we are due to start. They think that I would be better putting it off for another month at least as they don't think I am ready to start. I however feel ok and feel ready to get going with it. I am so excited now.....how things change from a few days ago when I felt physically sick!! lol   I spoke about it to my husband and he agrees with me, he thinks we should start now. My friends thought that my immune system will still be low so I wouldn't get pregnant but the hubby says that when people are on the pill and take antibiotics their immune system is low yet they still get pregnant! Arghhhh  so stressful!!!! xx

Offline _MrsH_

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #62 on: 25/09/14, 21:11 »
    I'm currently waiting....waiting......waiting for AF to rear its ugly head....never wished for it more to be honest....I'm sure that's what slows it down haha  It's not due until Monday so another few days away yet but I want it to be early for once. I'm a mix of emotions at the minute...one minute I'm excited the next I'm nervous. Please tell me it gets better!!

Offline _MrsH_

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #63 on: 28/09/14, 00:04 »
    OH MY GOD!! Thinking about starting IVF is killing me!! Arghhh! I am SOOOOO nervous/scared/excited/worried/anxious (delete as appropriate!)  We have been talking about it today and talking about what worries me the most and I cant decide - for my husband it worries him that it might not work which does worry me too. I cant decide which worries me most, whether its the thought of it not working, the injections in the morning knowing that last time they left me really unwell so I know I'll have to go to work feeling rubbish. Or it could be the thought of letting my husband down. Its just so intense!! What happens if egg collection hurt?? I feel like I'm freaking out and I'm sure it'll make my period late!! If you was a fly on my wall you'd think I was ridiculous! Haha   there is a woman on my social media who has set up a fundraising site with her husband to raise money for IVF, she has had 5 rounds already bless her. I have no idea what we would do if it fails...we couldn't afford to pay for treatment. I feel sick.

Offline _MrsH_

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #64 on: 28/09/14, 22:59 »
    So....AF kicked in tonight at some point between 5 and 9pm which can only mean one thing......tomorrow is scan time!!!! Eeeeek.....had a major panic though that perhaps we should go Tuesday. Tried messaging various support groups and ladies I know and thoughts were that we go tomorrow so that is what we'll do. I left a garbled message on Jessops answer phone saying we'll be in for a scan, hope they understand it lol !!

Tomorrow could quite possibly be the first day of the rest of our lives....I love my husband to the moon and back and would love nothing more than being the mother of his babies xx

Offline _MrsH_

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #65 on: 29/09/14, 19:11 »
    I went to the hospital this morning.

So now it begins........we are joining the IVF club!! Arghhhhh    I feel absolutely sick at the thought of the first injection tomorrow morning - even though I know I've injected before. Although I am quite excited too. These emotions are so weird. It was an absolute pain going round to the main hospital for the prescription - I waited an hour in the pharmacy (longer than I waited in ACU!). I then rushed off to work and completely forgot to phone for the results (HOW??) so I phoned late at 3.15. I'm on 3 times the amount of Gonal-F as I was last time with IUI and I know that I felt so sick on it and had terrible headaches so I'm praying I feel ok this time. I'm going to get some ginger biscuits to try just incase.

Offline _MrsH_

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #66 on: 29/09/14, 22:22 »
    Have a bit more time to write now.......

The nurse kept talking about OHSS today as I have PCOS so she said they'd keep an eye on me - there's so much to worry about isn't there!! MY goodness I'm feeling completely overwhelmed by it all. How do women actually get through this??  Started talking to a lovely woman called Joanne on social media who is answering lots of my questions bless her.

So tomorrow we have to get up and inject...the fridge has been taken over by various medications......the alarm is set!! Eeeeekkkkk

Offline _MrsH_

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #67 on: 30/09/14, 20:30 »
    Day 1 of injections.....

Set my alarm for 6.10am to give me plenty of time to shower, wake up, and get ready for work etc. Alarm went off at 6.10am...next thing I know its 6.50am!! Grrrrr I shot out of bed, was grumpy with my husband which is not what I wanted....is it ridiculous that I wanted the first injection to be special?!! (Maybe a little!)  Anyway the injection was a bit sore - I know have a little mark where it was. Forgot that it feels sore if we don't let it warm up from the fridge. I felt ok for a while but then the sickness feeling started.....then the headache kicked in!! Worked all day with noisy teenagers, the only consolation was that I had one wonderful Year 7 cover class who were just adorable so that cheered me up! I then come home and fell asleep in the bath which is not like me!! I should have gone to watch my football team today but I just feel exhausted so I let my hubby use my season ticket.

Just remember that on Sunday we went to our local church for the harvest festival service which is a family service. I felt myself welling up a few times during the service because all the parents (our friends) were sat at the front with their children and my husband and I sat in our usual place. I found it so upsetting that we might never get the chance to go as a 'family!' My emotions are all over the place....I need to get a grip!

Offline _MrsH_

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #68 on: 3/10/14, 21:02 »
    Currently on CD6 and feeling extremely emotional.  :'( Keep welling up, its getting ridiculous now! Although I did go to visit my grandad in hospital which upset me as he looks so poorly bless him. He's down to 10 stone and looks a shadow of his former self. I visited the hospital chapel to say a prayer and I prayed that he was given the strength to be pass pain free.  ^pray^  Now I'm wracked with guilt for it!

Tomorrow we start our Cetrotide injection which Im not looking forward to. The injection point itself if a lot bigger so I'm bricking it. Hope it doesnt make me feel any worse. Just have to get to Tuesday to our next appointment x

Offline _MrsH_

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #69 on: 3/10/14, 21:27 »
    Just seen that my ex best friend is pregnant. I don't know why it has affected me but it has. We fell out because every time I had some positive news on our fertility journey she had sometime devastating happen to her. Then when we had something negative she had a positive. You might think why would you fall out over that but she was a compulsive liar. She missed a bridesmaid dress fitting then said she'd had a miscarriage. Then not 2 weeks later when we had some bad news she was pregnant again....then 6 weeks later she miscarried then 3 weeks later she was pregnant....I'm not doctor but you cant get pregnant like that - she had about 5 miscarriages in about 3 months!! She's a rubbish mum - she once had a child taken into care because she left him from 6pm on a Saturday night at 3 years old in his cot right up until 12pm Sunday lunchtime! The police had to break in as the neighbours heard him crying. I was the one who helped her get him back and start being a parent but then she just lied to my face. I just think that it isn't fair that she gets baby number 3 and I'm still waiting!!!