* Author Topic: 1st IVF given 5% chance of working..advice please?! Thanks  (Read 2009 times)

0 Members

Offline olive74

• Un-Ranked
Hi Everyone,

I've been reading these forums for a while now and it's brilliant how much you can learn and the support available.
     I have a million questions...but firstly I have a small dilemma... I have decided to use our NHS funded go (even though there is only a tiny chance of success, I'll do details later, if anyone wants them).
    But, before I decided I have booked my 40th birthday party (for about 150 people) on the week that the schedule now it says it will be egg collection...do you think/know I will feel 'not really in the party mood' or it may be bad for the process and I should postpone the party for a month....or go ahead with it....advice on this would be wonderful thanks very much!

Olive x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline mierran

• Gold Member
    Hi,
    why have they given you a low chance of success? Is it due to low amh/ ovarian reserve, or another reason?

I can only answer for me but it really depends on timing. Tho I had a low reseve I still felt quite grotty last couple of days on stims before ec and sore for a few days after ec, and definitely wouldn't have wanted to be thinking about a party.  I just wanted to courey down. And you want to take it easy for a couple of days post et.

I know others have felt fine after ec  And a lot of drs say life as normal after et. But for me I would never be wanting to think "what if"

So I would postpone your party if you think it is likely you are going to get to ec and et. Physically mentally and emotionally I would not want anything else to think about or stress over.  Maybe quiet meal out with dp instead. Or postpone your ivf a month.

good luck anyway,

X x

Offline Moldog

• Gold Member
    Hi I've had to have all week off work feeling terrible and in a lot of pain. Think I maybe in the minority but I wouldn't book any party for that week..
    Good luck with your 1st IVF it's mine too and I'm in my 2ww. X

Offline Alotbsl

Hi, my clinic always does ec under general anesthetic and although felt fine afterwards I would not have been in the mood for a party especially when you are going to be centre of attention.

Offline Hels13

Hi olive

I agree with the girls on this. I think having this on your plate is enough. We all react differently but you can't plan for how you'll feel - physically and emotionally.
    I appreciate it's a big thing to re-organise and wow!! How many friends and family - that's amazing! Get you! If you decide to rearrange -  Whenever you do it am sure you'll have tons of support.

Helen
    X

Offline Lilly83

• VIP Member Sponsor
    I psychically would felt up to it but I had a very stressful cycle, nearly getting cancelled due to poor response with having terrible low reserve, I was a wreck emotionally, if your cycle doesn't go to plan its heartbreaking so I would be tempted to cancel

What are your reasons for such low sucess? X

Offline olive74

• Un-Ranked
    Thanks so much for your replies. I'm doing this in the back of a car so can't operate it well enough to reply personally, if you know what I mean!
    I can't put the treatment back as my funding runs out in my 40th birthday and if my next period was late id miss out on funding.
    I have a amh of 3 and fsh of 4.4 but only one working ovary. I had breast cancer when I was 35 and the chemo has not been kind to my ovaries....it looks incredibly bleak and wasn't going to go through with ivf but u don't want to regret not trying ....if that makes sense x

Offline mierran

• Gold Member
    I'd delay the party then

and remember - it only takes one

Good luck

Offline Dory10

• Volunteer
    • Smallest things take up most room in your heart x
    Hi Olive

Completely understand the feeling of wanting to have given everything a go so you can look back without 'what ifs'.  During my last cycle I had EC under sedation.  I was sore and tired for a couple of days but otherwise fine.  Personally I would have been too wiped out to host a party and your ET will only be a few days after EC too so that's something to consider too.

Good Luck with your cycle and have a lovely birthday whatever you decide to do  ^reiki^

Dory
    xxx

Offline Lilly83

• VIP Member Sponsor
    Can you afford to cycle privately if it doesn't work? The only reason I ask, and u know this isn't for everyone and a lot have sucess with 1 or 2 eggs, but my AMH was 2 last year, it will be less now, my FSH is 23 (your FSH is actually really good I think) we had 1 cycle but as we get funded for 3 we have decided to move onto donor eggs for the other 2, if we had money I would try again with my eggs but my need to be a mum is greater than my need for a bio child

I'm not writing your results off as like I said loads get sucess with those numbers I'm just putting the option out there if you hadn't already considered it x