* Author Topic: AMH <0.6 and natural pregnancy  (Read 3891 times)

0 Members

Offline Gaia_78

• Un-Ranked
modify
AMH <0.6 and natural pregnancy
« Reply #10 on: 23/04/14, 10:44 »
Hello ladies,

I wanted to post some good news as I remember reading posts like these when I had lost all hope and they helped keep my spirits up!

I'm delighted to say that I'm currently 11 weeks pregnant naturally, after only 2 months of TTC and after being told my chances were less than slim!!! 

I'm 36 years old and I was told in November last year that I had very low-undetectable AMH (2.6 pmol/l) levels and elevated FSH (18) levels.  I was told that I'd struggle to conceive and I'd probably need IVF and even then I was only given 10% chance of success! I was also asked to consider donor eggs. Well, devastated wasn't the word! I could not believe it at all and struggled with depression for a while.

I started taking prenatal vitamins, fertility smoothies, maca, wheatgrass, 75 mg DHEA a day, weekly acupuncture, Chinese herbs, and did fertility meditations.  I also used Instead softcups and Preseed.

I'm delighted to say that it only took two attempts!!! (I conceived with a donor by artificial insemination). I got pregnant on the second cycle of trying in Feb this year with no medical interventions. I'm amazed it worked so quickly as I thought that at the very best it might take many months-years, if it worked at all! I told my fertility consultant the news and his response was 'well it can happen'!!

So I just wanted to let you know that it is possible and that the doctors don't know everything. I don't believe these numbers are that meaningful and all along I used to say - it only takes one good egg! Try not to focus & obsess on those test numbers (I know it's hard) and take care of your body and believe you can do it!!

Good luck to all of you and never give up hope as you're body can do amazing things that doctors cannot always predict!

I saw a strong heartbeat at 8 weeks and baby's development is a week in advance of what it should be so I think I have a strong baby in there! X

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline oldmamagoodmama

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #11 on: 2/05/14, 10:18 »
    Hello all

Wanted to spread some hope out there: my AMH is tiny and I have been a poor responder to stimulation for the 2 cycles of IVF I've had in the last 8 month.
    Just wanted all you low-AMHers out there to know: don't give up hope, sometimes good things do happen.

^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ to all.

congratulations!!

i only want to join in giving hopes,

i also got pregnant with very low AMH naturally (twice actually)
    also the rest was similar to the situation you described (about 6 months of DHEA, IVFs with a very low response...)

i keep the fingers crossed, all the best

Offline oldmamagoodmama

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #12 on: 2/05/14, 10:25 »
    AMH (2.6 pmol/l) levels and elevated FSH (18) levels.  I was told that I'd struggle to conceive and I'd probably need IVF and even then I was only given 10% chance of success!

I started taking prenatal vitamins, fertility smoothies, maca, wheatgrass, 75 mg DHEA a day, weekly acupuncture, Chinese herbs, and did fertility meditations.  I also used Instead softcups and Preseed.

gaia_78, i think it is a great idea to post actual values, so that women can compare and learn.
    as i got pregnant the first time, my FHS was oscillating between 9-15 IU/mL
    and AMH was 0,7 at first, but declined within less then a year in a range which was no longer detectable in the lab.
    i also got pregnant naturally (while preparing for the next IVF)
    was taking a very similar mix to improve egg quality,
    DHEA 75mg daily, vitamin D, omega 3 , CoQ10 300mg (but i did not take any herbs - i am a scientist and sticked strictly to the stuff i could find in the medline).

good luck to all