* Author Topic: Anyone had success with 4 cell embryos?  (Read 1289 times)

0 Members

Offline Giraffe75

• Un-Ranked
modify
Anyone had success with 4 cell embryos?
« on: 17/03/14, 12:07 »
Going in for 3 day transfer this afternoon. Has anyone had a successful pregnancy result from 4 cell embryos? Only one of our 3 embryos has continued to divide again overnight, so feeling disheartened. We have been told the smaller 4 cell ones may be 'slow' and may yet divide again, but it is unlikely.

Have read on here that some people have had successful implantation with 4 cell embryos but realise they are in the minority. Does anyone have a success story that might just lift my spirits, please?

:-(

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Molly99

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1 on: 17/03/14, 12:23 »
    I'm so sorry Giraffe, I don't have any experience of this but I wanted to send you a big  ^hugme^, as this is such a stressful time.

I heard the doctor talking to a woman in the cubicle next to mine during our transfer and saying that some embies can be slow (or a little fast).  Sending you loads of positive vibes that yours are healthy and growing. xxx

Offline Giraffe75

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #2 on: 17/03/14, 12:27 »
    Thankyou so much Molly. That's really kind. DH is much more calm and positive about it all, but then men are, aren't they?!

Read your history and saw that you have an embryo ; have you had transfer yet?

x

Offline rsm

modify
    « Reply #3 on: 17/03/14, 12:48 »
    Hi Giraffe75

I had a 2 cell and a 4 cell embryo transferred with my last IVF cycle. In fact they were both 2 cell when I arrived but one of them divided just before she turned the microscope on for us to see them before the transfer.

I did get a BFP with that cycle although sadly it was a chemical but it was the first time I had ever got a BFP in the 6 years of ttc so it can happen.

Do lots of positive visualisation - that's what I did - I used the Zita West CD post-transfer

By the way, I did loads of google searching when I had my transfer and there lots of positive stories I found from 4 cell embryos so fingers crossed yours is the perfect one for you.

Keeping everything crossed for you sweetie

Offline Molly99

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #4 on: 17/03/14, 13:29 »
    DH is super calm through all of this!  It drove me crazy last time but I'm a million times calmer myself this time, thank goodness.

My little super embie was transferred on Friday.  I was so worried about only having the one to transfer but I got around to thinking that it was maybe a good thing.  I had two last time and was briefly pregnant for the first time in my life  :) but I couldn't hold onto them.  I'm thinking that 1 may be softer and more gentle and just plain meant to be.

As we only had the one, we transferred on day 2, which was really odd - Google got a good coat of reading for that too!  It's made it all seem a little surreal really, I'm only officially day 5 today.  I'm busy positively visualising my little blast!

Thinking of you right now and sending you lots of positive visualisations for your transfer  ^DizzyLove^.  Everything felt right about our cycle this time, I even got the giggles when they strapped me in for both collection and transfer, I started talking to the anesthetist about everything smelling of almonds (goodness knows where that one came from  ;D).  They say laughing is good!  Laugh lots on your way home!  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^

Offline Martha Moo

• FF's Inimitable List Princess
    • Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #5 on: 17/03/14, 18:31 »
    Hi

My ds is from a 4cell embryo day 2 transfer

I was doubtful but he hung in there and is now almost 6

^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Donna

Offline Giraffe75

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #6 on: 17/03/14, 20:02 »
    Rsm10021 - thanks for the positive feedback. I am pressing on with visualisation and prayer! We had a 4 cell and a 6 cell put back so fingers crossed we will get a BFP this time.
    Molly99 - gingers crossed that your little embie is busy dividing away and snuggling in. Sending you positive vibes.
    DonnaMarrie - you are an inspiration and have given me hope - and more importantly proof.

Thankyou to all of you lovely ladies.

x