* Author Topic: 1st IVF cycle just cancelled, 1 Follie at day 8.  (Read 606 times)

0 Members

Offline T_73

• Un-Ranked
Hi,

Just had my day 8 scan and there is only one follicle responding. It's 16mm. There are another two but they are only 6mm in size and I'm told won't catch up, or if they do the other one will be over ripe. It's the clinic's policy only to go ahead with 3 follies anyway.

So only 8 days in my cycle has been cancelled and I'm gutted  :'(

They are converting to IUI but I'm not feeling very hopeful as there is nothing to suggest there is a problem with sperm meeting egg every month when we try naturally! Hence the IVF route!Although there will be a follow up consultation the clinic have said we probably won't be offered another go at IVF due to the poor response. I was on a short flare protocol and on the clinic's highest dose of 300iu Menopur.

My other half hasn't mentioned it since we left the clinic so it was a long 2 hours drive back!

I don't feel I've even had a proper chance and the lack of chat from DP would suggest there is nothing else he wants to happen.  :(

Anyone else had a poor response and converted to IUI?

Thanks

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline CHOCOCHINE

• Gold Member
    modify
    1st IVF cycle just cancelled, 1 Follie at day 8.
    « Reply #1 on: 22/03/14, 13:18 »
    i thought if they converted to iui, it saved them 3000.00 so you should get another go? I think if i was paying privately i would have converted to iui, with those follies, iui is succesful and you could also try naturally. I would ask re funding another cycle as tynically you haven't used your free cycle.
    goodluck don't be downhearted the ist ivf is always a trial with drugs
    big hugs other halves aren't great about talking, so just try and put your faith in the iui and trying naturally with what you have got, it only take 1 egg, and you do have that xxxx

Offline Altai

• Gold Member
    modify
    1st IVF cycle just cancelled, 1 Follie at day 8.
    « Reply #2 on: 22/03/14, 21:14 »
    Sorry about ur 1 ivf, please don't his heartened. As choco said it all trial, hopefully next cycle wit different drugs would work better for you.