* Author Topic: Our donor IUI journey, first natural cycle success  (Read 3583 times)

0 Members

Offline Mrs tinkerbell

Well I have been reading stories on here and gaining information and hope from them for a good while now, so I thought now was the time to share my story.
I married the most wonderful man in October 2009, I stopped taking the pill 4 months before that we wanted a honeymoon baby. After we had been married 18 months I went to our GP who totally fobbed me off and told me to keep trying and come back in a year.
Another year passed we tried all sorts but still no luck. So back to the GP we went, this time she did check my bloods they came back OK so she sent a federal for a semen analysis. Over 6 months later DH got a test date for 12 weeks later!
October 2013 4 years after we got married we went to get his results, I can honestly say it was the worst experience of my life. She pussy footed around the result saying we would need another test as the result was very low and finished saying we will look into this because zero is an uncommon result and then saw us out. It was only an hour later or so we both sat at home it sunk in and we where both in tears. And all we could do was wait for another test date. I started to visit FF forum for advice and support.
In November 2013 we decided to go private to Origin as I had been so hurt by our treatment from our GP.
December 2013 first couple of consultations confined our fears DH had Zero sperm and blood tests made it seem unlikely he was producing any. After much discussion and support from the clinic and their councilor we decided on donor IUI.
We spent a lot of time choosing the right donor and a very unhelpful work commitment meant it took us a long time to sign off on a donor and order our sperm.
But now April 2014 we are on our first of 3 planned cycles.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Mrs tinkerbell

Saturday 5th April, first scan 8day Unmedicated. I was so nervous what if there were no follicles to be found. But all was well 2 follicles one very small one 12mm. Dh got excited thinking to follicles ment we might have twins, I had to calm him down. Much more relaxed to be told all looks well.

Offline Mrs tinkerbell

Monday 7th April, day 10 Unmedicated. Still all looking good small follicle from Saturday could not be seen but dominant follicle is 15mm. Not as big as I had hoped but they assure me its all good. I now just have to do home OPK till I get a positive, I have been using them before and know I surge around day 12/13. Its all very real now.

Offline Mrs tinkerbell

Wednesday 9th April day 12, unmedicated. I have only been testing two days but it seems like forever. I expected my surge today but no sign of it so far! I have tested for years and never had a problem but I can't help worry. I am just keeping my fingers crossed for a smiley face on that OPK in the morning.

Offline Mrs tinkerbell

Friday 11th April, day 14. Well today is the day. After my OPK stresses its all worked out, I got my positive smiley face yesterday. Our appointment is set for 1230, so cross your fingers for us. I am so nervous and excited, last time I felt like this was my wedding day.

Offline Mrs tinkerbell

Saturday 12th April day 15, 1dpiui. Well we had it done yesterday it was much easier than I thought. But when we got to the clinic the doctor started to tell us their would be a short delay as the sperm was still frozen, I don't know if this is normal but I got a strong impression she was lying to us. Once it was over we where given our test, OTD which is 24th and off home we went. I spent the rest of the day chilling on the sofa. Its funny I usually wish nothing more than a evening chilling on the sofa with DH but tonight because he was making me suddenly I really wanted to get up and do house work lol.I had very mild cramps and a little bleeding yesterday evening but am feeling fine this morning. I just have to keep myself busy for the next 12 days.

Offline Mrs tinkerbell

Wednesday 16th, day 19, 5dpiui.  Well the wait is really getting to me now. We had our little nephew to stay over the weekend he is non stop so I had no time to think about it and was so tired I slept well. But yesterday day I could think of nothing else, I never thought I would say this but I wish I was at work. This morning it was very hard for me not to pee on a stick, I know its pointless and this stage and I promised myself I would not until AF was late but I feel an emotional tug of war each morning till my OTD. I am over thinking each and everything I feel and my head and heart know its to early. One week left to wait!

Offline Mrs tinkerbell

Monday 21st, day 24 10dpiui. As I have a short cycle AF is due tomorrow. I did something stupid this morning, I was home alone as my HD was on nightshift and I did a HPT. I had a funny taste in my mouth all day yesterday which may be a bad tooth but I convinced myself it was a sign. So when I woke up this morning I tested expecting a stark white negative but no its worse its a berly visable pink line, now I am all over the place, it could be I am one of the very lucky ones and its work or it could be a false positive. My advice now to everyone, don't test early. I know only to well how hard the 2ww is but this is 10 times worse I keep looking at the stick and will now need to wait until tomorrow morning to use a digital test which I would have done anyway with no sign of AF. Oh why do we girls do this to ourselves, almost any thread on this board tells us not to test early and everyone has at least one person who did and it in this position. Well I will update tomorrow just another day of torture ahead.

Offline Mrs tinkerbell

When I started this tread I really thought I would be making a lot more entry's before I got to post that it worked.
    But after yesterdays faint light line we tested this morning on a digital and it read those words I have hoped to see for so many years 'pregnant' yes. BFP.
    So my advice today is it can happen still don't test early but keep faith it really can work.
    I am now keeping my fingers crossed for the next 9 months. I feel a lot more stressed posts to follow. But for today I am just going to enjoy my delight. 

Offline Mrs tinkerbell

modify
    Our donor IUI journey, first natural cycle success
    « Reply #9 on: 27/04/14, 13:56 »
    Sunday 27th April, 4 weeks 2days. Well its sinking in, I am now just a bag of nerves. I am still not having much in the way of symptoms just a watery mouth and funny taste. I know its early and that if I get no more symptoms I should be pleased but I would like I sign its happening. I have started to obsessively checking the tissue when I am at the toilet, I know its weird but I just feel the need to check.
    I have been back at work and finding it OK, but due to the nature of the job I had to tell them as I will not be putting this wee bud at any risk. I can't help feel its far to early to tell people and that we might be setting ourselves up for disappointed. My poor DH is also working flat out which is upsetting him as he wants to be with me, he really is a truly wonderful man. I main thing is I can't wait for our scan its booked for May 16 and it seems so far away.
    I can't believe after all the years of heart ache its happening.