* Author Topic: Bmi of 32 - any success stories?  (Read 858 times)

0 Members

Offline Nikki 161

modify
Bmi of 32 - any success stories?
« on: 11/05/14, 16:37 »
Hi guys,

I am about to start my second icsi cycle - short flare with menopur. I have an amh slightly on the low side.

My first cycle they collected 7 eggs, only 2 were suitable and 1 fertilised - bfn.

A year later we are starting our 2nd cycle. The whole thing has got me down so much I have put on weight and my bmi is up from 30 to 32.

My husband is really keen to start the 2nd cycle but I am really concerned my weight will affect our chances, although on the other hand I can't seem to do anything about it. I eat well most days and exercise (I run 3 miles at least 4 times a week) but then I have a bad day, feel totally crap, and bang goes the diet.

Not sure what to do!! :(

Would really appreciate some opinions! X

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Jelliebabe

• Gold Member
    • 41 married one Cat! We are all amatuers
    modify
    « Reply #1 on: 14/05/14, 10:40 »
    Hi Nikki

I'm the same - can't seem to shift it unless I do a Cambridge style diet of milkshakes.  sigh.

However I did get pregnant last cycle (I had an early miscarriage) which does give me hope.  My BMI is currently 36.  Keep eating well and keep going.  Every little bit helps.  IVF is really a numbers game and although it is better to have a lower BMI its not really the be all and end all.

Offline Mzmaary23

modify
    « Reply #2 on: 14/05/14, 10:46 »
    Could you maybe try doing the diet with a friend? I'm going to gym with my oh he pushes me as so far I haven't really put much on, am back to losing it again  ;D xxx

Offline njr_26

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #3 on: 14/05/14, 11:05 »
    Have you been tested for Polycystic ovaries? This is a common cause of not being able to lose weight and infertility.

I have a BMI of 39, but this was only part of the problem, most of my trouble came from immune issues and age. Once I had overcame these problems I had a successful pregnancy and now have a 7 month old. I wasn't able to change my BMI due to lots of treatment and it always made me put on weight so a high BMI, although will not help is not the total reason for failures.

Hope this helps.

Njr26

Offline Nikki 161

modify
    « Reply #4 on: 16/05/14, 19:06 »
    Thanks for all your replies - I really appreciate it!

I am going to keep going - if nothing else healthy eating and exercise is good even if it's only 90 per cent of the week!

Not been tested for pcos, but I have not had a problem losing weight if I have put it in before. I really think it's me not trying hard enough, but I don't know why as I want successful treatment more than anything! That should be motivation enough!!

Xx

Offline susieg2404

modify
    « Reply #5 on: 16/05/14, 19:33 »
    I had to diet down to bmi of 29.9 in December when I got to the iui list. Started treatment at end of March and put some weight back on and went back up to 31 and got bfn. By 2nd iui I was back up to 32 and that one worked.

Best of luck