* Author Topic: 1st scan on 1st IVF and only 2 follicles!?? gutted and confused!  (Read 1164 times)

0 Members

Offline vicky2209

• Un-Ranked
Good morning everyone!

Just hoping for someone with experience to give me an idea of what to expect.....I'm 30 yrs and and  on my first cycle of IVF,  had my first scan today to see what's going on and nurse said one side hadn't produced any and there was only 2 on the other side. ...she didn't mention the size and I didn't think to ask. They've upped my menopur intake and just said to go back on Friday. 

I'm feeling so gutted cause I wasn't expecting this, hadn't prepared myself for this at all......friends who have been thru IVF all produced plenty of follicles so I never gave this part much thought (stupid me!)

What I'm confused with now is what happens next...I'm on my one and only NHS funded cycle so what if I don't get any more than 2, do we still go ahead with EC. .  and what's the chances of these follicles been any good?

I know it's probably a wait and see procedure but was hoping someone might have been in this situation and able to offer any kind of advice?

Thank you!!!!

Vicky xxx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline lollybean

Hello this is exactly what happened to me on our first go and after the dose was upped the I still had same amount of follicles so cycle was cancelled. I was devastated but as long as your nhs go is cancelled before ec you get to go again. I started my next go on the higher dose and ironically made the same amount of follicles however this time we went for it and the result is my gorgeous little boy, it only takes 1!

The first go really is trail and error a lot of the time and try not to compare yourself to your friends as we are all different and we all respond differently.

Good luck Hun  :)xxx

Offline vicky2209

• Un-Ranked
    Hi lollybean
    Thank you so much for your reply! its the first positive feeling I've had today...hopeful that it's not all bad news! Will wait to see what they think on Friday and just have everything crossed!

Thank you again and good luck with your cycle!

Xxx

Offline lollybean

Hello how did you get on today with the scan?

Offline vicky2209

• Un-Ranked
    Hi!
    Sorry I'm not getting notifications on my posts so just seen your reply....scan went well and we had some good news, a few more follicles have grown so now they're keeping me on the upped dosage and hoping they all grown enough - they're expecting EC next week :-) there was no mention of cancelling the cycle so presume they're confident it's all ok :-)

xxxx

Offline lollybean

Brilliant news! I hope it all goes well for you ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

Offline Sidd

• Gold Member
    Hey Vicky, I was jus reading your posts...I'm really glad your cycle hasn't been cancelled..
    Reading your posts reminded me of how our ivf went...basically I only had 2 follicles and they were very slow responders..we were told at every scan that our cycle may have to be cancelled...but it wasn't coz the follicles grew but they were mega slow
    Anywayyyyyyy we went on to EC with only 2 follicles which only produced 2 eggs :-( but....that produced our very 1st BFP!!! It only takes one hey 😛
    Wishing you lots of good luck...praying for us all x