* Author Topic: Menopur OR Gonal F  (Read 3379 times)

0 Members

Offline mrshol

• Gold Member
modify
Menopur OR Gonal F
« on: 29/05/14, 13:25 »
Which one is better for poor responders and is it true that gonal is a better drug as its dearer?x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Clara01

• Gold Member
    • Every cloud has a silver lining.
    modify
    Menopur OR Gonal F
    « Reply #1 on: 29/05/14, 13:28 »
    I've been given both for my last OE cycle and had better resp that with just Gonal-F.

Offline patbaz

• Gold Member
    modify
    Menopur OR Gonal F
    « Reply #2 on: 29/05/14, 13:34 »
    Mrshol I think it depends on you huni. I had gonalf which was really easy to use during my first cycle and I got lots of eggs as I overstimulated on it but quality wasn't great. I used menopur this time and got half the eggs but a better quality ball embies went to blast and I currently have two on board and there were some for the freezer as well

Offline NAT1DRAGONFLY

• Gold Member
    modify
    Menopur OR Gonal F
    « Reply #3 on: 29/05/14, 13:41 »
    Hi!

I had Gonal F for two fresh cycles on the NHS and had a really good response.

I had Menopur on my last fresh cycle privately and had the best result - although had poorer fertilisation this time round.

Think as said above by other ladies it just depends on you and would be totally guided by your consultants.

Good luck

x

Offline Tigger99

• Volunteer
    • When raining look for rainbows; when dark look for stars
    modify
    Menopur OR Gonal F
    « Reply #4 on: 29/05/14, 13:44 »
    Good question! I really wish I knew the answer too. On my ivf cycle I had just menapur (4vials) only per day. I have low amh (5.4 1 year ago) and produced 6 eggs. At 39 years young. 

Clara - I think you at the same clinic as me with similar age and profile but yet you got a different mix of drugs!

I really don't understand how they decide these things. ^idiot^

Offline Maria00

• Gold Member
    • babydust needed :)
    modify
    Menopur OR Gonal F
    « Reply #5 on: 29/05/14, 13:55 »
    I had a better response with a mix of Gonal F and Menopur too. :)

Offline mrshol

• Gold Member
    modify
    Menopur OR Gonal F
    « Reply #6 on: 29/05/14, 15:06 »
    thanks girls, wish they actually had some proper info to know which was one best or a mix. being a poor responder i want the best ones for me

i had gonal f last time when my cycle was cancelled however i was started on a low dose of 50, then went up to 100 then 150 but still no response- follicles but no eggs/low E2 levels

however wonder if that was just because dose was to low for me and if they started me on 300iu i would get a better responds!!

thanks for ur comments, so its just wait and see hey!! xxxx  ^pray^