* Author Topic: Indian/Asian Sperm Doner  (Read 1217 times)

0 Members

Offline Lexy

• Registered-2
modify
Indian/Asian Sperm Doner
« on: 3/06/14, 14:27 »
Hi - Just starting our journey after finding my husband's sperm count isnt where it where it needs to be :(

We are Indian/Sikh & our family are all tall & pale skinned - searching for a UK compliant Indian Donor is proving really difficult & trying to understand options available overseas & all that is involved in that..

For those who know & understand our culture, sadly, this is not a topic that is commonly talked about or information available on..

Really appreciate any thoughts, suggestions or shared experiences to give us the encouragement that there is light at the end of our tunnel :)

Look forward to replies soon..

x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline bobbinhead

• Sr. Member-10017
    • Keeping the faith that it will all work out
    modify
    Indian/Asian Sperm Doner
    « Reply #1 on: 3/06/14, 17:38 »
    Ive used cyros and i did find they had donors of most races. There are a lot of sperm banks in Europe so im sure a bit of google and hours on the computer will find you what your looking for and as far as im aware most clinics will accept them. Does your clinic not have any matching donors?

Offline Sasha23

• Registered-2
    modify
    Indian/Asian Sperm Doner
    « Reply #2 on: 14/07/14, 12:10 »
    Hi,

Sorry this is a bit of a delayed response.  I only pop by from time to time.

I am Indian/Sikh and so is my husband.  A few years ago we found out my husband has azoospermia (no sperm at all).  It took a while but eventually we came to terms with this and decided to go down the sperm donor route.

There were 2 Indian donors available on the NHS, through our clinic but we weren't 100% sure about them, so the counsellor at our clinic contacted the National gamete society to see what was available and we found a more suitable donor from a private clinic.  We had to pay for the samples and the courier to our clinic, but we found there were a few more option rather than the two that were available on the NHS.

If you want to know anything else feel free to ask or private message me, as we are now a bit further along in our journey after  2 biobsies to look for sperm, 3 DIUI's, a cancelled IVF due to me having high FSH and the clinic telling me we needed to use egg donor too, changing clinic, using my own eggs to complete a full cycle of IVF, I am now pregnant with twins!  13 weeks so far and also we are being open with family about the situation!  As you said this is quite a big thing to admit in our culture.

There is definitely light at the end of the tunnel.  We have been on a 6 year emotional roller coaster and we are finally starting to feel - everything is going to be ok.

x

Offline keyno1

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    Indian/Asian Sperm Doner
    « Reply #3 on: 23/10/14, 08:03 »
    Hello ladies . Me and my DP have just had our 4th negative cycle using DP own sperm , he had Tese this time to try and overcome the problem of sperm DNA fragmentation . We haven't yet had a follow up with our clinic but we gave everything to this cycle , immunes , tese , implantation cuts , embryo scope , embryo glue . We have talked about using donor sperm next and was wondering which sperm banks you ladies used as my DP is of Indian origin , and there does not seem to be a lot of donors out there . Thankyou in advance