* Author Topic: 8868dee Rainbow baby is here!! Induction 40+2  (Read 2741 times)

0 Members

Offline 8868dee

• Gold Member
  • What ever dont break me makes me stronger
Hi all so I am now doing a birth story of my ivf rainbow baby miracle Layla Mai Bullingham who wad born on 15th of May 2014 weighing 8lb8.5oz.

I am epileptic and this was an ivf (fet) pregnancy after having 3 consecutive miscarriages (1 ectopic, 1 complete ivf mc at 11wks and 1 mmc anf erpc) do because of my mc history and my epilepsy from day I anmounced my pregnancy my consultant daid they wouldnt let me go over and would induce me if baby doesnt arrive on or before due date which was 13th may 2014.

Apart from lots of morning sickness I have had a pretry uneventful pregnancy.  I had midwife and consultant on monday 12th may where I was given a sweep but I was just favourable so they also booked me in for an induction on thursday 15th may. I was to be in Paisley consultant led maternity unit for 8am that day. 

After my sweep I was sent home where I lost my plug over the monday, Tuesday and Wednesday but still nothing else.  So I arrived at 7 45 am in the maternity suite where I was taken to a delivery room and the hospital nurses did my obs like blood pressure and fitted a canula in my hand (in case I needed the induction drip to bring on my contractions.  They explained I was going to be given a pessary tablet and then if no labour another pessary tablet 6 hours later and then I would have my waters broken to hopefully start labour and if contractions didnt start I would then be given a drip to bring on labour contractions.  Once they explained all of this I waited for the doctor to do her rounds.  At 11am I was given a very thorough stretch and sweep and the doctor brought my cervix forward as it was still very high up and far back, that was uncomfortable but not really painful.  Then she put the pessary behind my cervix to dissolve.  I was then taken up to the labour ward to wait 6 hours. So I waited then went for lunch in hospital canteen.  After and hour and a half contractions started but they were very sporadic and not close together or stronger.  At 4pm I was taken down to delivery again to wait for the docs to examine me. The doc was delayed until 6pm and all the time I was having contractions.  Once I was examined at 6pm the doc said I was 2cm dilated so she could feel my waters and instead of giving me anothet pessary tablet she would break my waters which was not painful but slightly uncomfortable.  She broke my waters and it was like a tidal wave. Lol bout a litre n half in total. The doc said it was a tsunami lmao x.

Once my waters were broken and most of the waters were out I stood up and sat on a birthing ball. Then the contraction started coming, getting stronger and faster and more painful. By 7pm I asķed for gas and air which helped massively x. From 7pm till 10pm I was 2-5 cm contractions at 10 pm were really strong and gas and air was constantly being sucked lol.  By 10.30m I had gone from 5cm to fully dilated I kept trying to close my legs and bum which is when the midwife knew it was time to push I was on the bed clinging to my dh and I was in so much pain I was begging them for the epidural but of course I was beginning to push so no point now. I was pushing so hard nut nothing was happening and by 11.30 I had been pushing for an hour baby heart rate was dropping because she was stressed coz she was stuck.  So I was immediately led down and cut and they used a ventouse for delivery because my body just couldn't get her out without help. My baby girl was born at 23.53pm I was over the moon.  But she was rushed onto a bed with a lamp on it coz she wanst crying. I kept shouting at my dh to mske her cry which is when the midwife said not all babies cry straight away its a myth that they all do. Turns out she had mucus in her mouth which they got rid of. But apart from some jaundice she is absolutely perfect.  Tho I think she got stuck because I believe she wasnt ready to come yet and the induction forced her to come. If we ever are lucky enough to be pregnant via ivf again I wont be having an induction unless im past my due date by a week or 2 because I believe that Layla would of come when she was ready and for my cervix to be so high at 40+2 I don't reckon she was ready. My placenta was perfect and huge they said and my stitches were gone within 2 weeks after birth.  I am gutted I couldn't breastfeed cox of my epilepsy meds but as long as my baby is ok thats all that mattets. Well actually I could of breastfed her but my meds would of been in her system and they don't know the side effects it would give her.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline wendycat

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    8868dee Rainbow baby is here!! Induction 40+2
    « Reply #1 on: 17/06/14, 11:38 »
    Dee

I just wanted to say how wonderful it is to see a rainbow baby birth story. It gives us all such hope. xxx Congratulations on the birth of Layla

xxx

Wendy

Offline BroodyChick

• Gold Member
    • IVF as single egg sharer w known donor
    modify
    « Reply #2 on: 22/06/14, 22:54 »
    Lovely story Dee!
    It's funny you say about feeling she just wasn't quite ready to come, it's hard to know when to agree to interventions but you're right in feeling you want to go with your instinct next time.
    I feel that if I'd let M be born breech I may have had an easier delivery too, than trying to make it 'conventional' by having him turned.
    Maybe our babies do know best when and how they'd like to be born :)

Offline 8868dee

• Gold Member
    • What ever dont break me makes me stronger
    modify
    « Reply #3 on: 29/06/14, 00:24 »
    Thanks Wendy xxx

Hi broody x thanks Hun x yeah if I'm lucky enough to be pregnant again I'm going to defo let nature take it's own course xxx