* Author Topic: Low AMH/High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 8  (Read 16622 times)

0 Members

Offline Juliasw11

• Un-Ranked
modify
Low AMH/High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 8
« Reply #210 on: 21/11/20, 00:05 »
Hi all,

Hope everyone is doing ok in these challenging times!

Not sure if anyone is still around on this thread but just looking for a bit of advice as you are all so knowledgable.

After my last double embryo transfer that resulted in a bfn I asked the consultant about investigations for implantation failure. We agreed the best plan was to have a hystersonography scan (saline/Aqua scan). This was to check the cavity etc. This was all clear and I continued with meds for FET. However after 20 days on estrogen tablets and pessaries my lining was not moving beyond 5.5mm. The consultant now thinks I should have a hysteroscopy to rule out any small scarring before we transfer this embryo. Itís so so expensive and just wondering whether you think itís worth it? I was surprised he suggested this after the normal scan but he thought perhaps it missed something more minute.

I only have this one blast in the freezer and donít want to put it back if implantation is an issue but Iím in two minds.

Any thoughts would be gratefully  received.
Hi Mouse80,

Sorry to jump in here and I have been reading your post. I just had hysteroscopy on Monday and my insurance paid for it. There is no need to say for fertility. I am doing it before my FET plus ERA. It will be my first FET so want to tick as many boxes as I can before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline ZC

modify
    « Reply #211 on: 21/11/20, 22:48 »
    Just to add I had hysteroscopy and consultant advised laparoscopy too. After failed DE cycles with perfect embryos.

Good job I had the laparoscopy too as hysteroscopy found a perfect cavity but outside there was endometriosis and nasty cysts on my ovary. All removed.

But if youíre having a hysteroscopy you may as well have laparoscopy too And a D&C. Recovery is days. And itís far more beneficial from a diagnostic point of view. And most gynaecologist consultants would suggest both anyway especially those dealing with fertility stuff. 

Covered on health insurance too. As my symptoms were pain.

Offline mouse80

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #212 on: 22/11/20, 09:05 »
    Thanks for the replies. I donít have health insurance so will be paying and itís quite expensive. However I think itís worth it to rule out any cavity issues as itís taking 6 cycles to get 3 blasts so I should make sure that everything is ok before transferring the last one as not sure I can do six more to get such small numbers!

Does anyone know how long it takes for a period to arrive after a cancelled medicated fet?

Thanks all

Offline klik

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #213 on: Yesterday at 22:00 »
    Sorry, just catching up only a little--I'm missing out loads of people, and for that I apologise:

@queenie: everything crossed for continued good news! May UCLH continue to treat you well...

@Briss: I really hope you find something that manages to get your fertility back on track. I am sorry it's been so frustrating...

@Sunshine: have you stopped breastfeeding (assuming you were doing so to begin with)? I really scared myself taking my basal body temperature as soon as I got my periods again, and they were just plain weird. Temperature wouldn't go up until I was already well into the luteal phase! It only seems to have normalised one cycle ago, and it was either because it was 3 months post-weaning, or because I was put back on thyroxine, or some combination of both, or something else entirely... I was so relieved to go back to some normality!

@mouse: my baby came from a natural conception immediately after a hysteroscopy to check that adhesions had indeed been resolved by a prior adhesiolysis. I really don't know your history, but with persistent thin lining (especially if your lining used to get thicker), I would personally investigate for adhesions, unless I really could not afford it...

afm: baseline scan yesterday, starting to prep for a potential FET. Ho, hum. I really didn't miss this--I am, as ever, admiring of all of you...

Offline mouse80

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #214 on: Yesterday at 22:52 »
    Kilk hi and thanks for posting on here. Where are you doing your FET? That good you can get it in before Xmas hopefully?

I decided to go with the hysteroscopy and booked in for Tuesday. It might be clear but at least then I will know for sure.

Feels like itís a long wait till I can start my FET in jan. Am very bored or lockdown and the last year of covid and constant ivf means my chat is generally pretty dire! Iím also heading toward my 40th next month which doesnít feel great but just going to have to tell myself itís not going to matter too much for the ivf.

Hope everyone else is doing ok.