* Author Topic: ARGC or Lister  (Read 797 times)

0 Members

Offline MiniM

modify
ARGC or Lister
« on: 24/06/14, 07:28 »
Hi

We have just been through a monitoring cycle at ARGC and all the results were satisfactory to start a cycle. I then had day 1-3 bloods to get started and my fsh had jumped from 6.1 to 32.8 in a month. I do not know my amh but my afc was low too (5). ARGC just advised to come back next month for more 1-3 bloods and it is my understanding they would just go ahead on a good month (assuming I have one).

From what I've read it seems that your worst fsh is the best indicator of response so this might not be beneficial. Is this correct?

In the meantime we have booked an appointment at the Lister and have a telephone conversation arranged with Serum.

Any advice or views on which of these is likely to be best would be great. I also have endometriosis and adenomyosis and am 37.

Many thanks.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Irish Dee

• Gold Member
    • We are complete!!!
    modify
    ARGC or Lister
    « Reply #1 on: 24/06/14, 08:02 »
    Hi MimiM,

When I cycled at ARGC, I had my first appointment in January, had my monitoring cycle in April and was all ready to go in May.

They found a cyst at my scan and between the jigs and the reels, I did not start my full cycle until September.  I was sorely tempted to go elsewhere but when I eventually got the go ahead from ARGC I was successful first time and my daughter was born safely in June the following year.  I was 39 doing treatment and 40 when I gave birth.

In my time in and out of ARGC, I met many ladies who had been delayed, put off and often completely cancelled.  This IVF is such a gamble and  I fully believe that they wait for the best month to maximise your possibility of being successful.  It was so difficult waiting to start, but my husband always says that any other cycle, on any other month would not have resulted in our precious little girl.

It's a personal choice, but ARGC's stats speak for themselves.

Also, I understand that FSH fluctuates up and down and it just finding the month that it is under 10.  Mine was 9.9 the month I cycled.

Good luck

Dee

Offline mmummy

• Gold Member
    modify
    ARGC or Lister
    « Reply #2 on: 25/06/14, 15:01 »
    Hi MiniM,

I don't know the lister, but i've got a vote for ARGC too.  i'm certain that if i'd cycled in most other places i would have had a failed cycle.  I read Dee's diary in tears on night (bless you, Dee ... when i was a poor responder, you gave me hope!).  Dare i say it, i think i actually had slightly more drugs during stims than Dee, but i did end up with 10 follies, 6 eggs and 3 back in.  chemical pregnancy, but really made me feel glad i'd been to argc.  Sooo sure that i just would have ended up with nothing elsewhere....

for the record, my fsh was 11.2 on monitoring cycle but went down to 6.? on the cycle i went with (though not the following month; i had a natural BFP which miscarried in between).

Good Luck.

Offline MiniM

modify
    ARGC or Lister
    « Reply #3 on: 26/06/14, 19:48 »
    Mmummy and Irish Dee thank you very much for your comments and votes for ARGC. Hopefully we will get the choice but will just depend on whether my fsh comes down.