* Author Topic: only 2 eggs, waiting for call...please help.  (Read 3219 times)

0 Members

Offline Fizzybee

modify
only 2 eggs, waiting for call...please help.
« Reply #10 on: 27/06/14, 07:38 »
Hi worzlebug,
Hang in there.
Both my full cycles were 2DT and on both I only had 2 embies to transfer. My signature says it all. My last cycle I had 4 eggs and only 2 fertilized, and it worked! You only need one.
Quick post as on my phone just wanted to give you hope, x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline worzelbug

modify
    « Reply #11 on: 28/06/14, 14:45 »
    Hello thanks for your positive reply.
    Just an update (tearfully)
    I had a 2 cell grade 2 em or put back in...I have accepted things not bring great but I won't lie I am desperate. 
    We pushed for them to test my progesterone and E2 after transfer.  My progesterone was 131 I think which they were happy as anything over 30.
    However,I had a call today saying my E2 had dropped from 4000+ to 1000.  They have prescribed some patches for me to put 1 a day on.  I'm quite worried. It seems look the odds keep stacking against us.
    I have been to acupuncture and I have been going for walks with the dog I'm determined not to let it consume me but for some reason the further I slip from my dream the more I fantasise it will work.  I know there are success stories with 2 cell but I failed with it last time. 
    Has anyone had their E2 drop significantly and gone on to succeed?  I'm feeling very sad.
     :'(

Offline ToughCookie

modify
    « Reply #12 on: 28/06/14, 15:14 »
    Hi Worzelbug
    I know exactly how you feel - not sure what your update is but basically I'm on my 3rd cycle (this time self funded, so even more pressure!). I responded poorly in both my previous treatments and was on Menopur and Cetrotide. My new consultant decided to try a short flare protocol with Gonal f and Luveris anyway I was so excited at the start of this treatment as he also suggested using IMSI and I was sure that with a different protocol/medication things would be better than before. Previously I only ever had 2 eggs collected and 1 fertilise and we had a 2dt on our 1st attempt and a 3dt on 2nd.Like you on my 2nd cycle it looked like 4 out of the 6 follicles were mature but apparently on collection I was advised the other 2 were 'empty'. I was crushed. So when I went for my 5 day scan this week on my new cycle you can imagine how devastated I was when he said that only 2 looked like they were suitable as the other 2 were too small and another 2 had just failed to grow. They want to go ahead with collection on Wednesday but I am soooo upset, I can't believe it. I am trying to stay positive as I read an article by Gerard Kite so says a lot of has to do with our mind set. My DH has completely lost all hope and is walking around as we already know it has failed which is hard enough. I am so desperate as this is likely to be our last attempt and he won't consider adoption or donor. It has to work. I know it only needs 1 good embie and I suppose there is an argument to suggest that even if all of your follicles had matured and contained eggs surely the one you have is the strongest.

Fingers crossed for you, I hope it goes well as I too could do with some amazing stories of where it has worked against all odds. xxx

Offline goldbunny

• Gold Member
    • Spot arrived safely!
    modify
    « Reply #13 on: 28/06/14, 15:36 »
    worzel. you got a transfer. the odds were that you wouldn't, so already something went in your favour. now get some rest, watch some comedy stuff, eat some food you enjoy, and beam some positivity into that embie in there! GO EMBIE!  ^hugme^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

:) :) :)

Offline Fizzybee

modify
    « Reply #14 on: 28/06/14, 19:12 »
    Well said goldbunny!
    c'mon worzel embie, get sticky! : )

Offline worzelbug

modify
    « Reply #15 on: 30/06/14, 09:04 »
    Sorry I didn't get back to you I've been quite unwell with this.  Thank you so much for positive thoughts. It really is lovely knowing we are behind each other.
    Sounds like we are in similar situations tough cookie.  We are self funding too.
    I am keeping my fingers crossed- did any follies catch up? I keep thinking about the woman my nurse told me about who only produced 1 folicle, refused to quit, got 1 egg and is now pregnant.  You might have produced the perfect follicles.

I have been waking up in the night at 3am in terrible pain. I've been keeled over screaming on the floor(not like me at all) it's in a very specific place and lasts for 20-30 mins, it's so bad I end up sweating from the pain and then as quick as it starts its stops leaving me feeling extremely woosy.  We called the nurse and she said that if it was a one off it could be ovaries draining but if it happened again I needed to go to a&e.  This is not an option at my hospital- they are useless and would give me something dangerous- they've done it before.  So now I have to go to our clinic for a scan to make sure my ovary hasn't distorted or a cyst hasn't ruptured.  I'm terrified of having a scan...I want nothing going 'up there' during the 2ww.
    I'm trying to stay strong but all I can we is constant obstacles.  It was my birthday yesterday and I spent the whole day alone in tears because of this pain.  My DH forgot too and even came home from work watched me eat a boring soup as there was nothing I could cook myself and then cooked himself a beautiful meal fit for a birthday!!! Then when the nurses and now consultant said I need to be seen he was very put out by this.  I'm feeling very alone.  I'm very frightened about this pain and clinging on for hope but it would be nice to have a hand to hold.   (Sob sob- hormonal madam here).

Offline Fizzybee

modify
    « Reply #16 on: 30/06/14, 13:02 »
    I'm afraid I can't help with any info about the pain- just take it easy as best you can.
    But Happy Birthday for yesterday (can'y believe DH forgot) and  ^hugme^
    You are not alone hon. xxxxx

Offline ToughCookie

modify
    « Reply #17 on: 7/07/14, 10:45 »
    Hi Worzelbug, how are doing? Sorry been a bit manic last few days my end. Did they find out what the pain was?

I answer to your question, no the other follies didn't catch up and even the 2nd one was a little on the small side. We did however, get 1 healthy looking embie, 5 cell transferred back on day 2. The embryologist seemed positive about it's progress as he said it showed it was growing and I have to say the transfer seemed so much smoother than my last cycle and I am trying 20 minutes of relaxation and visualisation a day (something I believe Zita West clinics promote).

We do seem to have a few similarities in our cycles and our response to them. I hope you are feeling much better now  ^reiki^