* Author Topic: Anyone had natural IVF at Serum or other clinics?  (Read 4002 times)

0 Members

Offline Amandag1980

Hi. I'm really new here and I've just got back from visiting serum in Athens! I recently found out I have very low AMH! (0.74 UK scale!) so I was pretty worried and did some research and found out about serum!
I had my initial consultation last week and penny was lovely!! I had an aqua scan and she confirmed I have low ovarian activity BUT I had one good egg and was about to ovulate!! She also said everything else looked fine, lining and size and shape of uterus! Which is great news!!
She even said she could get it out now and fertilise it!! Which was very overwhelming!! Especially as this is my first ivf!
We decided against it this time as we just didn't feel fully prepared!

But penny advises natural ivf for me. So it would mean just going out there on cd10 when I'm ready!!

I must admit I'm fairly relieved about not having all the drugs, but obviously also a little scared about only having the one egg!!

My question is have any of you had natural ivf and had success? I'm particularly interested in serum but would also like to hear any stories from other clinics too!!

I plan to cycle in October!!

Thanks  :)

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline ToughCookie

modify
    Anyone had natural IVF at Serum or other clinics?
    « Reply #1 on: 9/07/14, 12:05 »
    Amandag1980, I'm currently in my 2ww and have been a poor responder to the medication in all 3 of my cycles however, thankfully have always reached transfer. Initially, I felt really bad about only having 1 egg to transfer (collected 2) but having spoken to my consultant and acupuncturist they both were of the same opinion it was much better to have few good quality eggs as opposed to more average quality and I have started to think that even if I'd had 3 or 4 fertilised eggs the one that has been placed back is most likely to have been the strongest anyway.

It can be a scary thing but it may be better on your body to not have been out of balance with all the drugs. I have certainly considered using a natural ICSI cycle in the future, I don't know if your clinic would approve or allow it but what about asking them to perhaps 'bank' your collected egg from one month and then transfer back 2 the following month, if it gives you more comfort?

God luck and i'm sure it'll all be fine whatever you decide  ^reiki^ 

Offline lovekalkan

modify
    « Reply #2 on: 9/07/14, 12:19 »
    Hi Amanda

I have just had mild ivf at Serum. Although my embies didn't stick and we had a BFN , we actually got two good grade 1's transferred through reduced medication and no down regulation. They collected 5 eggs but only 2 fertilised, however we were pleased with that. My last time in the UK I was on the highest stims possible and got 1 egg that failed to fertilise. I have low AMH like you (0.57) so I would highly recommend Serum.

Hope that helps, we will be going back in the future, good luck xx

Offline Blondie71

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #3 on: 9/07/14, 12:46 »
    Hi Amanda I had a natural FET with Penny and would imagine it follows the same pattern only diff my eggs were frozen and yours would be fresh! You ovulate then 3 days later your egg/eggs are transferred back with no medication except maybe clexane, prednisolone and folic acid, so your normal hormones take over and hopefully it works. Btw it worked well for me and would def go that route if I decide on adding to our family in the future x

Offline Amandag1980

modify
    « Reply #4 on: 9/07/14, 13:49 »
    Wow! Thanks for all the replies!  :)

Tough cookie - yes I agree it's better to get good quality over quantity! I did ask penny about 'banking' eggs but she said that there was no benefit to it?!? So I just trusted her judgement.

Lovekalkan - did penny say why you should have mild IVF particularly? Did she mention natural IVF? And did you have a choice between the 2?
    Did she say everything else looked ok at scan etc and it's just the AMH that was low?

Sorry for the questions it's just so daunting!!
    And good luck both of you in your journeys!!

Blondie71 - Thankyou that's really encouraging to hear and thanks for the advice!!
    Wow! I see from your signature you have wins!!! Amazing!! I would love that so much and always dreamt of having twins. I think that's the other thing I was a little sad about only having one egg, it's a lot less likely! But beggars can't be choosers I suppose! And is be over the moon with just one at the moment!!  ;D

Thanks everyone

Offline Blondie71

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #5 on: 9/07/14, 15:35 »
    Well mine was only one egg that took and it split in two so you just never know and Penny does seem to achieve alot of twins and triplets (set of identicals and a singleon I've seen a few times) so maybe identicals could occur for you ^pray^

Offline Amandag1980

modify
    « Reply #6 on: 9/07/14, 17:53 »
    Yes! Please god  ^pray^
    Thankyou!! I will just have to keep looking at all these positive stories on here!!  :)

Offline lovekalkan

modify
    « Reply #7 on: 9/07/14, 18:45 »
    I was the one who suggested mild IVF as I thought it might give me a better chance with some stimulation rather than none at all. Penny agreed. Everything else was fine with my scans and I didn't need a hysteroscopy. It was just my low amh and my previous failure with high stims that influenced my decision. Penny is brilliant and will give you the best advice xx

Offline Chandlerino

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #8 on: 9/07/14, 18:52 »
    wow Peny offered to collect your egg there and then. Thats really interesting as I'm seeing her around the time I normally get a positive ovualtion test. Out of interest how much would that cost? I'd had got my head around having DE but if there's an egg available I would happy to freeze it!

We are seeing Peny on 24th July, so excited!

Chand x

Offline Blondie71

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #9 on: 9/07/14, 23:03 »
    Chand I paid 1000 euro to freeze ten eggs so not sure if thats the standard price or if it would be less to freeze a single egg??? could you not just fertilise it rather than freeze (assume hubby going with you?) and try a transfer when you're there if you do have an egg thats good to go?