* Author Topic: low amh endometriosis started ivf  (Read 873 times)

0 Members

Offline ballyfluigh

• Un-Ranked
modify
low amh endometriosis started ivf
« on: 16/09/14, 10:03 »
hi just wanted some advice I was diagnosed with endo dec 2012 had key hole surgery march 2013 cyst was the size of a cooking apple and a fibroid aswel .had open surgery august 2013 removed fibroid and the only sign of endo which was the cyst along with part of my left overy. I was told endo probably wouldn't return. jan 2014 had amf tested is was 0.78 and fsh was 10.4 battled to get fsh down for 5 months then finally I was referred for ivf. I had another scan in the summer and endo is bak completely covering left overy again and traces of endo in right overy aswel. Ive been on prostap for 9 weeks to reduce endo and last Thursday I was scanned and left overy still covered but have started menopure anyway. ive been told by my fertility doc to expect that I maybe wont get any eggs and to start putting money aside for further treatment.
Ive read lots on the internet about eating high protein to boost the egg quality but it all seems to be the foods im supposed to avoid with endo ie diary meat etc. any advice?
ive been having acupuncture since jan 2014 and im have a hypnotherapy apt tomorrow any other advice to help?

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Lilly83

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    « Reply #1 on: 16/09/14, 10:12 »
    Hello  :)

I have stage 4 endo myself and had an 18cm cyst removed last year, had 2 surgeries and prostap

This is how my ivf went

Aug 2013 AMH 2.2 FSH 9
    Max dose of menopur
    4 follicles
    4 eggs
    All fertilised
    BFN

Dec 2013 Cancelled as FSH jumped to 19 then 23 so donor eggs was recommended, the higher your FSH the less chance you will respond to the meds

Are you nhs or private? What dose are you on?

Horrible disease endo isn't it

L x

Offline ballyfluigh

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #2 on: 16/09/14, 11:07 »
    hi lilly yeah endo is a awful disease and I really thought it wouldn't come back after my surgeon told me this last year.
    im on 300 menopur and im been funded by the nhs but ive been told if I don't produce any follicles it will be cancelled and nhs wont fund me again. do eat a special diet for your endo? since I started the stims last Thursday ive had lower back ache just hoping my endo isn't growing did yours grow more when you took menopur?

:( x

Offline Lilly83

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    « Reply #3 on: 16/09/14, 12:12 »
    When I was on prostap between my laps it grew back but I had been taking DHEA and know now it shouldn't be used with endo

Its 14 months since my last op and I don't think its returned luckily, however they had problems doing the transfer and scratch I had so I think I need a clear out of scar tissue as I'm all stuck down on one side

Stay positive! X

Offline ballyfluigh

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #4 on: 16/09/14, 14:43 »
    thanks lilly i hope all goes well for you too x