* Author Topic: Anyone had natural IVF at Serum or other clinics?  (Read 4001 times)

0 Members

Offline Amandag1980

modify
Anyone had natural IVF at Serum or other clinics?
« Reply #10 on: 10/07/14, 08:08 »
Chand - yes it was a shock to us and we just weren't ready. We hadn't spoken about some major decisions we had to make etc but yes I found it very interesting that penny was willing to do it right there and then and it actually gave me lots of hope!!
I have no idea how much it would have been to freeze it as she said there was no benefit to it?!? So I just left it at that.
Like blondie says maybe if there is one there when you go you could prepare yourself to just do it there and then? At Least you have a heads up now to think about it hey?  :)
Good luck with it and let me know how you get on!!
Amanda

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Chandlerino

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #11 on: 10/07/14, 21:17 »
    yes DH going with me, seeing Peny on 24th then going to Aegina Island for 5 nights then back to Athens for one night/day and possibly having hysto on 30th. So if this was to happen and it went to blast I guess we would have to forefeit the hysto. Something to ponder but will have to wait and see what happens...

Nothing ever goes to plan with me though so it probably wouldnt happen lol x

BTW if anyone is interested in a few days at the beach we found a fab (according to trip advisor) hotel on Aegina 305 for 5 nights so having a family holiday as well as seeing Peny x

Offline lollybean

modify
    « Reply #12 on: 10/07/14, 21:48 »
    Hello

I've had natural Ivf with Create, we had 1 follicle, 1 egg/ embryo which was transferred on day 2 got pregnant then sadly miscarried. Create were fantastic and we are going to go again soon ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

Offline Blondie71

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #13 on: 10/07/14, 22:13 »
    Ooohhh Chand could you resist a transfer if it was a perfect fertilised embryo?? I don't think I would be able to!!!^pray^ for a little miracle for you on the 24th - psssssttttt plus it would save you a fortune on a hysto :-X

Offline Amandag1980

modify
    « Reply #14 on: 11/07/14, 08:48 »
    Thanks lollybean!! That was the other clinic I was going to try!
    I think I will try there is serum doesn't work out as I feel comfortable with serum now!!
    Good luck for your next cycle!!

Yes it is very tempting if/when she says!!
    Thanks for the tip for a beach hol! That's tempting too!!  ;D

Good luck!!

Offline Chandlerino

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #15 on: 11/07/14, 21:18 »
    Ha ha Blondie - rather have a transfer of a blast than a hysto - bit scared about that!

The hotel is Ela Mesa, Aegina Island. There are cheaper ones tho. Ferry costs 9 per person one way from Athens Port. Seemed like a no brainer to me!

Offline Noelayoung

• Another "single good egg" poster girl
    modify
    « Reply #16 on: 22/07/14, 17:40 »
    Hi I've had natural IVF twice recently (ie retrieving a single egg with no stimulation medication). I can share my journey.

The 1st time my egg started cleaving once collected before it could be fertilised, which the Dr explained meant it was chromosomally abnormal so it wouldn't ever have become an embryo. Whilst not ideal, this gave me an indication/explanation of what could be happening naturally with my eggs each month. As we know once you start getting older your egg quality is not going to necessarily be perfect each month.

My 2nd time I had the EC with no sedation! I was terrified (yes, I was crying while I was on the operating table) but the pain really wasn't that bad - just like a cramp. I survived and would do it again this way if I only had 1 or 2 follicles as it is gentler on your body not to take an general anesthetic. Unfortunately despite there being a follicle there was no egg - again, apparently this happens some months. I was just unlucky that month.

I am a poor responder with low OR. In previous IVF cycles I took the highest levels of drugs, however I just got 1 embryo. The drugs were actually counter-productive as whilst they gave me more eggs it didn't result in any additional embryo's. Hence why my Dr advised no point in stimulating in the future - my eggs are obviously fragile and just get damaged by the high does of drugs - and just aim to capture that 1 perfect egg.

I would still recommend natural cycle IVF though. I am lucky to have a DS from a previous (stimulated) round of IVF where I had just 1 embyro available - so I know first-hand and have faith that it really only just takes 1 good embryo for your dreams to come true.

One good thing about natural is there is no waiting time between months to try again (because your ovaries don't need time to recover) - you can cycle back to back months.

Go for it, just be mentally prepared that it may take a few tries.

Offline Noelayoung

modify
    « Reply #17 on: 22/07/14, 17:48 »
    PS I also agree there is no point to retrieve your egg only to freeze it - you have a much higher chance of achieving a pregnancy by creating an embryo from a fresh (not frozen) egg, the same is true for using fresh (not frozen) embryo's. There's always a risk your egg or embryo doesn't survive the thawing process.

Offline Goldie7

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #18 on: 11/08/14, 11:47 »
    Hi All. Thanks for starting this Amandag, I'm hoping to try natural cycle in Serum in October.
    From what I've read it makes sense with my age & low amh. So I'll be keeping a close eye on this thread. I'm new to all this, can be a bit daunting at times but the forum is really useful.

Best of luck everyone :)
    Janek

Offline Noelayoung

modify
    « Reply #19 on: 11/08/14, 17:00 »
    Janek good luck for October. It's very exciting you are embarking on this journey. Make sure you have ICSI with it, it's not worth risking your precious egg not fertilising by using IVF.

Just a little update on me. After my 2 unsuccessful natural cycles, I've just tried a low stimulation cycle (75mg menopur). I was hoping to get 2 good eggs, but was lucky enough to get 3 good embryo's, including my first ever frostie. I've also just got a BFP. My previous consultant at CRGH had steered me away from low stim's (said there was no point), but it interestingly has worked well for me. I think I've tried just about every protocol under the sun now (this was my 6th time)! So something else for you all to consider.

Please make sure you all update this thread re how you got on with your natural cycles.

I found it really hard to find much information on it / people who had done it / reasons why. But it really seems to be used more and more these days.