* Author Topic: PLEASE READ: Share Your Top IVF Survival Tips  (Read 23535 times)

0 Members

Offline amber-ruby

modify
PLEASE READ: Share Your Top IVF Survival Tips
« Reply #20 on: 5/02/16, 23:36 »
love this thread and all the tips are so helpful, thanks everyone xo

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline heatherfay89

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #21 on: 1/04/16, 11:20 »
    Love this thread! I'm going to make my wife an IVF survival kit with some of your wonderful ideas!

Offline melissae1

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #22 on: 25/04/16, 15:14 »
    Such a helpful post - thank you! We're finally starting IVF in July after 6 years of TTC and this will be so useful in helping to prepare.

Offline Laurajo33

modify
    « Reply #23 on: 19/07/16, 06:56 »
    Thanks for all the tips :)

Offline Beccaboo88

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #24 on: 19/10/16, 11:54 »
    Well me personally I just carried on as normal, wore loose clothing, I had fizzy drinks to help with my feeling lethargic took paracetamol for headaches. And went and locked myself in a room when I was being temperamental!!! As for egg collection when the nurse says it doesn't hurt.... How do they even know have they been on the receiving end the drugs they give u just make u feel drowsy u still feel EVERYTHING well I did anyway most uncomfortable 45 mins in my whole life take pain killers after as it feels uncomfortable for couple of days and treat yourself to McDonald's!

Offline Hedgepig

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #25 on: 30/11/16, 11:33 »
    Top Tip for the cold weather to keep you tummy nice and warm during stimms and after transfer is a Haramaki, I wouldn't be without mine generally but its brilliant for IVF, very comfy too :-)

http://www.kokoro-japan.co.uk

It's natural and organic cotton too and stretchy.

Certainly need it in December!

/links

Offline Rp2210

modify
    « Reply #26 on: 27/01/17, 01:15 »
    Very useful segment

2 things I am following and definitely has helped me are

* stay away from negative people or anyone who causes unnecessary stress. It's your time no need to explain to anyone what you do with it. Spend time with yourself and with people who make you happy or just let you be yourself!
    *water water water - the numbered bottle idea is brilliant. I told my husband to bring 4 and now i have 4dozen in my garage (not kidding), but it works!

Offline Rp2210

modify
    « Reply #27 on: 16/03/17, 00:00 »
    Something I discovered helps me
    A good music Playlist.
    I have my Spotify categorized -
    Listen to peppy beats when I am feeling low (does help uplifting my mood)
    Listen to sad songs sometimes just to cry a bit and feel light (it helps esply as you are crying to a song not self pitying)
    Workout songs for the long walks

Offline Heregoes!

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #28 on: 18/03/17, 06:14 »
    Hopefully doing this right! 1st night after first Buserelin injection yesterday. It's about 6am. Thankyou so much for amazing tips on here just read. My goodness. Been up few hours really awake but knackered does that make sense? Also peeing like a trooper.

Started Bus. Yesterday a couple of days early so my nurse could see I could do injections on my own. Glad I have been prepping, I.e done A big shop, got new flat kind of sorted, put all the drugs away in the fridge. Sorry I think I'm rambling.

My tip to contribute is this!

Go to your favourite shop you know where you get your 'treat face cream or perfum or whatever' and buy stuff but tell them what you are doing... They give you loads of samples woo hoo. Now have a pamper box which am getting stuck into, eye creams, hand creams, stuff for my hair and pamper like there's no tommorrow.

Xx