* Author Topic: Banned Pregnancy Tickers (showing embryonic developmental stages)  (Read 34350 times)

0 Members

Offline Mel

• FF Founder
  • Volunteer
Pregnancy tickers showing embryonic development (e.g. those from babygage.com, lafemmebonita, baby gaga and some lilypie ones) may not be used on our forum.

It has been bought to our attention that people who have suffered m/c or any baby loss are finding these tickers very difficult as they show the exact image of a baby at certain ages.

Although these tickers are very nice could we please have some sympathy and respect for those who have lost little ones and not have these tickers on our forum.

If any are noticed on profiles they will be removed by the Admin team.

Kind regards

Mel
 x

EDIT: This ruling extends to tickers with written descriptions of developmental stage of embryos as well as pictorial ones. .

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline longbaygirl

• Gold Member
    modify
    Re: New tickers from babygage.com
    « Reply #1 on: 8/07/05, 02:56 »
    Mel - For those of us who have suffered a still-birth of a full-term baby photos of new babies or ultra-sound pictures of term babies is very hard for us, but I don't see site moderators banning those from members signatures. Why is that?

Joy

Offline Mel

• FF Founder
    • Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #2 on: 8/07/05, 07:50 »
    Hi Joy

There is an option on the site to turn off avatars - some of the girls who find baby photos and scan pictures a bit hard are already using this option - i am not going to get the girls to turn these off - they are long awaited babies, i am sorry but most people like to see the babies and scans.

I have only had one complaint so far about avatars of a scan and the solution is there - turn the avatars off in your profile.

There are plenty of tickers out there and i am not asking for all tickers to be removed - only the ones displaying the timeline of the baby and its development - which i have had several complaints about.

Mel

If anyone would like some help in turning there avatars off please let me know.

Offline longbaygirl

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #3 on: 8/07/05, 09:38 »
    Mel, - I think this decision is unfair and very hurtful.

All our babies are long awaited, I think someone who has lost a baby at 12 weeks is just as grief stricken as someone who has lost a baby at 40 weeks, but only members with tickers that display the development of the baby are removed. From those I've seen so far, they are predominantly of early fetuses, reflecting how far those women are in their pregnancy.

Why can't the same consideration be given to me and women like me by asking members to refrain from posting scan and new baby photos? 

Joy

Offline Mel

• FF Founder
    • Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #4 on: 8/07/05, 09:44 »
    As i have said Joy

There is an option to turn off baby photos and scans for those that feel they cannot cope with them - you turn them off in your profile.

Mel

Offline Pilchardcat

• Dreams Do Come True !
    • Gold Member
    • Never felt more blessed then I do now....
    modify
    « Reply #5 on: 8/07/05, 09:52 »
    Hello Joy

With the option to turn of Avatar profile photographs a lot of our members are spared the agony of still being childless and for this they are very grateful, I think this is a great facility.

However as this does not extend to members "profile signatures" is, where the tickers are we have had to take action to prevent further agony as you yourself can appreciate how hurtful and distressing this may be.  

In general most tickers are fine, it is however the more "graphic" or descriptive tickers that are causing distress and this is why we have had to take action.

I'm sorry you feel this is unfair but want to thank you and the other members who have already cooperated with this over the last two days.

Best wishes
    Amanda :)

Offline *Kim*

• Gold Member
    • Me & Joe. Joe was made @ Barts born 2002
    modify
    « Reply #6 on: 8/07/05, 10:09 »
    Hi Joy

I am a bit unsure whether you mean the avatars or the tickers showing scan piccies and new borns.
    If it is the avatars the piccie at the side of your post then Mel has explained that you can switch these off in your profile. Tony & Mel organised this for those who found the said piccie upsetting. If it is the tickers showing piccies I have just been through all the trimesters and cant see a scan piccie in any of the tickers.
    Sorry you have been upset by this. If we can help anymore please let us know.

Love Kimx  x x

Offline Siobhan1

• Siobhan1
    • VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    « Reply #7 on: 8/07/05, 11:03 »
    I can totally understand why Mel has asked people not to use the tickers, especially as mums to be do not just stick to the bun in the oven threads.

If it is upsetting to others members of this site which Mel & Tony work very hard to keep going, then I don't think it is such a big deal to remove them.

Siobhan x

Offline ZoeP

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #8 on: 8/07/05, 17:33 »
    Hiya Mel,

I didn't think of it like that, can understand though that they would cause upset to FF's that have lost babies.  Thanks for pointing it out.

I was wondering if you know if there is anyway that I can put one on to my desktop...I'm lousy when it comes to pc's.  Would be grateful if you could help.

Thanks in advance
    Zoe x

Offline *Kim*

• Gold Member
    • Me & Joe. Joe was made @ Barts born 2002
    modify
    « Reply #9 on: 8/07/05, 18:14 »
    Hi Zoe

I think if you left click on the picture it then gives you a list of options and one of them is set up as desktop background. Click on that and it should do it automatically. Thats what i do anyway hope it works.

love Kimx  x x