* Author Topic: My First ever IUI daily diary  (Read 3985 times)

0 Members

Offline Hugbug

modify
My First ever IUI daily diary
« on: 15/08/14, 22:39 »
Dear diary....first post a bit of background.

Looking at my signature below you can see I already have a DS. So thankful for him as we struggled to conceive him. Having gone through numerous unsuccessful clomid/metformin cycles with 1 miscarriage, we were offered a procedure called ovarian drilling in feb 2009. This was the last course of action before IUI or IVF at the time. So anyway the ovarian drilling worked in the first month and now have my DS  :)

Fast forward to 2011, we started trying again knowing full well it wouldn't work like last time. Went straight to the GP who re referred me back to consultant for treatment. Back on clomid/metformin, had hycosy to check tubes clear (all fine) more clomid, unresponsive yet they kept giving me them! ^idiot^ Then offered me drilling procedure again. Sept 2013 drilling done, no BFP and no spontaneous periods...so I knew that was the end of the NHS road for us  :( Didn't get discharged until may 2014!

May 2014 rang numerous clinics, most wanted GP referral, which when I rang my GP it would be 3 weeks until I got an appointment with them! Found a lovely clinic that didn't need a referral and booked my first consultation! For June 2014. I ensured I got all my investigation results from consultant, rubella screen, chlamydia, fsh, semen analysis etc...(I DID NOT PAY FOR THEM! I was told I was entitled to these as they are rightfully mine)
June 2014....first consultation....spoke about ovulation induction due to pcos with times intercourse....consultant recommended IUI as will have higher success rate than ov induct alone and only slightly more expensive...we agreed and couldn't wait to start treatment. End of June we had nurse consultation to plan cycle, had a scan which showed thin endometrium at 3mm so put me on microgynon birth control for 18 days...wasn't happy with this, but I understood they needed to start my cycle and ensure ovaries 'quiet down'.....4th august baseline

August 2014 IUI cycle....after finally getting period after the pill I attended baseline on cd4... Showed lining to be 3.5mm and ovaries looking active but no cysts. Given the go ahead to start meds! ;D  Suprecur (to stop ovulation from cd 4 everyday until trigger) and menopur 75iu every THIRD day! My AMH is very high so they had to ensure they didn't wake up every follie on my ovaries! First tracking scan Monday 11th august showed 4 follies @ 13,10,10,10...happy with that....2nd track scan 13th aug showed 1 follie at 17mm, 1 at 11mm both on right and 2x 10mm on left....and plenty of smaller ones....given the go ahead for IUI procedure on Friday 15th Aug 2014  :)
Wed 13th took 1 more monopur, plus suprecur and then trigger ovitrelle at 23:15...
No drugs on 14th

Friday 15th IUI day....
DH had appt at 10:15am to give his sample....once he had done that he needed to go back to work, so left me to do IUI alone. I was ok with this as I felt comfortable in the clinic with the lovely nurses. At 11:15 (36 hrs after trigger) I went in for my IUI. Was asked to put on a gown and was called into treatment room. Confirmed name and DOB. Laid on the bed with legs in stirrups and the doctor raised the bed to his eye level whilst sitting down  :o  I was ok but tense with a bright shining light in my area! With a strangers head there too! I should be used to all these things but I don't think anyone can get too used to it! Anyway they inserted a speculum to see the cervix and he used a coldish liquid to clean the cervix, and then inserted a catheter into the cervix....I felt a little scratchy feeling but it didn't hurt. As I also have a bicornuate uterus and the mature follies were on the right he inserted DH sample to the right of my uterus....didn't feel that at all. Then he removed the catheter and the speculum and that was it! Easy  :) Now the hard work really begins! I know the sample inserted contained 28million sperm so quite a good one...clinic like at least 2 million for a chance of pregnancy! Which is crazy as it only needs 1!!!

So this evening after my IUI I feel a little bloated and crampy, I have cramps on left too so never know there may have been another egg that side too!....I had a normal afternoon, didn't take it easy and felt I could just get on with stuff. Slightly wet in the knicknox which the doc told me would be the liquid he used to wash the cervix prior to insemination. I am planning on dtd tonight when DH gets home from work to just ensure all bases are covered.

I am officially in 2ww (well 18 day wait!) OTD 2nd Sept 2014

Anyway I will try to update each day or every other to how I'm feeling etc.

Hugs

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Hugbug

modify
    « Reply #1 on: 17/08/14, 09:28 »
    1 dpiui wasnt much to report other than being very ' wet'...and still a little bloated with sensative bbs (which ive had a while now prob due to jabs

2dpiui so far gassy, still wet and sore bbs

Ill edit bit later if there are anything ro add

Offline Hugbug

modify
    « Reply #2 on: 19/08/14, 08:05 »
    3dpiui I was very busy gardening and painting....and had a few pulls and twinges (but possibly from hard work :-)) still wet and the sore bbs are still around. I did another ovittelle shot today so prob the reason for any symptoms

Offline Hugbug

modify
    « Reply #3 on: 19/08/14, 15:53 »
    Today is 4dpiui

I am a little irritable, having slight pulls and cramps, sore bbs and feel very lathargic....however a couple of these could be from the gardening yest....

Offline Hugbug

modify
    « Reply #4 on: 22/08/14, 18:21 »
    5/6dpiui didnt have much to report apart from sore bbs..
    7dpiui I am feeling really tired (but have done paintinf and cleaned the car) lower bk ache, slight bloat and some dizzy spells which are weird. I increased water intake today...I have another hcg jab to do tomorrow morn but will do a hpt firat to see of last one still in system...if is I can then start testing out the hcg jab about 5/6 days after jab....

Offline Hugbug

modify
    « Reply #5 on: 24/08/14, 23:56 »
    8dpiui did another ovitrelle jab at 9am. Did hpt before hand and was very slightly faintly pos....so after 5 days nearly out of system. Took another hpt in the eve and was a lot darker so at least I know the tests work :-) anyway I'm bloated, constipated and hungry! Like allll the time! If not preg this cycle I need to detox and lose what I've put on!

9dpiui same really, tired sore bbs constipated, bloated. 9days to otd.....

Offline Hugbug

modify
    « Reply #6 on: 26/08/14, 19:46 »
    Ok so 10dpiui nothing much to report other than the usual sore bbs (only when knocked or touched) and have had slight pulling sensations both side of lower belly.

11dpiui decided to start testing ovitrelle out...cheap test very faint line....(will do another on 13dpiu)..again sore bbs...slight belly upset (no diarrhea, but feels like it)....lots of twinges and pulls to the point I stop doing what im doing...irritable...still constipated...

Keeping really busy! But time is still dragging! I just want to know!!!

Offline Hugbug

modify
    « Reply #7 on: 26/08/14, 22:39 »
    Ih I have forgot to write one of my symptoms im experienvvng here! For the last few days prob from 7/8dpiui I have felt incredibly hot! Espegially during the night....to the point im habing to strip and open windows. This could just be from high levels if progesterone in body....

Offline Hugbug

modify
    « Reply #8 on: 29/08/14, 17:08 »
    Ok so havent been bk for a few days....losing a little hope this cycle...

anyway 13dpiui I did a hpt.....very very very faint line...barely noticeable....I really thought it would be darker or the same if I was preggers surely it would show by now?? Shooting pains in bbs and feels like razor blades behind nipples...esp in bed. Waking up throughout the night to pee...really thirsty too (prob y peeing) waking up at 3/4am and cant sleep (prob stressed...) hotflushes still. Maybe I am out this cycle but I wish body wouldnt gi e me these signs esp as hcg out of system now nearly...

14dpiui...pain on right side today...when stretching or sitting on sofa...made me stop what I was doing. Shakes about 10:30 as if blood sugar plummeted....sorebbs still...very tired (was awake from 3am) did another hpt...bfn :-( and cervix high and soft...was low other day)

No af cramps or anything but im sure she will make an appearance over weekend....

Offline Hugbug

modify
    « Reply #9 on: 31/08/14, 08:12 »
    15dpiui...woke up feeling 'different' really strange feelimg...felt kinda free and not so tense. Weird...my bbs were still full and sore...had major headache...still very hot! Bfn

16dpiui....red blood...af arrived....bbs not sore sore! :-(

There u go! No matter how many symptoms u have over the 2ww it doesnt mean anything.....next cycle I am not tracking or writing a diary and go from there...I knew I was out :-(

Good luck to everyone else on their ttc journeys xx