* Author Topic: home education diary  (Read 57530 times)

0 Members

Offline jdm4tth3ws

• Gold Member
modify
home education diary
« Reply #180 on: 28/12/14, 09:41 »
I bought them a series of monster books from the book people for christmas.  when they opened them they said boring. however, starting to get sleep times down now. for 2 nights we have sat and read these books -brilliant! kids love them. the books are about alternative monsters. not scary monsters. their favourite books are spider sandwiches marmaduke the very different dragon and yikes, stinkysaurus. so HE is back in business!
last night after monster books, J asked to do study ladder. he did three or four levels last night on literacy.
while in the bath we tried to list superheroes and villians using the alphabet. some letters were hard and we had to enlist DH to answer.
all in all, good fun. DH was stumped on k, as were we! he managed m,n,o, though.
day of disney infinity/batman3 again, no doubt. bathtime is now reduced to 8.30, so bedtime is slowly reducing and getting back to acceptable levels.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline jdm4tth3ws

• Gold Member
    modify
    home education diary
    « Reply #181 on: 29/12/14, 21:42 »
    Bless after them messing about and not listening to me, i walked out of the bedroom. checking them now, A is trying to read the monster books to J. His reading is rather good but J is messing about.
    first time in ages A has offered to read. think i'll carry on sitting outside the bedroom  :)
    J has now asked him for a cuddle whilst he's reading out loud.    ;)
    Bless them  ;D

Offline Arrows

• Gold Member
    modify
    home education diary
    « Reply #182 on: 29/12/14, 21:47 »
    That's adorable! Amazing what kids come out with when left to their own devices. :)

Offline jdm4tth3ws

• Gold Member
    modify
    home education diary
    « Reply #183 on: 30/12/14, 13:42 »
    Love how social media posts are full of other mothers saying they cant wait for the kids to go back to school. their kids are fighting too much/trashing the house etc. also loving how ok, my kids squabble occasionally, but they get on so well bow most of the time, see each other as best friends as well as brothers and above all, havent traahed the house/had masaive fights and arguements. our house is as it usually is, quiet, apart from when they get excited at completing a level or slifhtly noisy when they dont want to turn xbox/laptop/tablet/2ds off. love how they ask to do study ladder and our lives are relaxed and we meander through the days.
    i feel sad for their children that the parents are now just counting down the days till thwy get rid of them and rhe house is clean. i wonder if it ever shows?

Offline karenanna

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    home education diary
    « Reply #184 on: 30/12/14, 17:07 »
    Jade - those books sound great - do you have a link with more details? or title/ISBN number etc... My boys love monsters. Think they'd like the stinkysaurus.

KA xxx

Offline jdm4tth3ws

• Gold Member
    modify
    home education diary
    « Reply #185 on: 30/12/14, 18:48 »
    Hi karenanna,
    i got them from the book people so you could google the book people. there are about 10-12 books in the series. comes complete. think.it was about 8 pound brand new, so not too bad. they are alternatice monsters as im trying to get rid of their fears of monsters. so they Re light hearted and not very scary in the end at all!
    good luck with the book hunt.
    jade xx

Offline jdm4tth3ws

• Gold Member
    modify
    home education diary
    « Reply #186 on: 1/01/15, 14:28 »
    My in-laws did surprisingly well this year! batman lego sets and normal lego sets. 2x1000 piece boxes.
    guess school has started today - A and dad builing the batman lego set. Mary Poppins in, hopefully enriching A's cultural tastes.
    A enjoed the fairly new rise of the planet of the apes last night.
    Although i think he has some of my realistic thoughts. maybe im a tad asd!
    whikst watching a free fireworks display from our bedroom window he asked "why do people celebrate a new year?" so i answered cos people like to hope the new year will be better than the last. he says "but how will it be as it will be the same as the night before. when we get up tomorrow, it will still be cold, miserable and winter. he says nithing changes. people still have to work, nothing has changed. so i weakly repeated yeah, but there is hope and there are in changes in the new year. for one, when the kids go back to school on jan 6, you wont. so he said and even if it wasnt a new year, i still wouldnt be going to school would i? so whats changed? he said if new year brought sunshine and summer then rhat would be change, but it wont. i dont see the point.
    i said you know what, neither do i.

Offline jdm4tth3ws

• Gold Member
    modify
    home education diary
    « Reply #187 on: 2/01/15, 14:23 »
    J is catching A up, albeit 2 yrs difference on study ladder  :) J has been awarded a bronze trophy for achieving over 1000 points and A has been awarded a gold trophy certificate for achieving over 1500 points.

nipped into Lidl today and picked up a French intensive course and a set of musical instruments. a triangle, maracas, a felt topped drum and a tambourine. when i brought them in the house we had 15 minutes of musical madness. was well good fun  ;D
    they are now playing minecraft 2 player and working together. the chat between them is constant and i can hear laughter as well as a couple of petty squabbles  :)

all OK in my world  ;D

Offline jdm4tth3ws

• Gold Member
    modify
    home education diary
    « Reply #188 on: 2/01/15, 17:20 »
    my husband is addicted to minecraft multiplayer. all 3 are being kept busy now  ;D

Offline mierran

• Gold Member
    modify
    home education diary
    « Reply #189 on: 3/01/15, 22:49 »
    Glad all going well.

May be worth doing a wee project on new year celebrations through time.

x x