* Author Topic: home education diary  (Read 57526 times)

0 Members

Offline jdm4tth3ws

• Gold Member
modify
home education diary
« Reply #210 on: 7/02/15, 10:53 »
off to shaun the sheep movie today. me, personally i cant wait :-D

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline jdm4tth3ws

• Gold Member
    modify
    home education diary
    « Reply #211 on: 7/02/15, 16:02 »
    Shaun the sheep was brilliant. really really funny.
    what i di notice is J laughs at totally different junctures to everyone else. not that i thinl hes weird, just he sees things differently to other people.
    have ordered 100 audiobooks from ebay to see if i can get the kids enjoying tradtional stories in the car. i have noticed they like the stories on busy things so just want to expand on that.

Offline mierran

• Gold Member
    modify
    home education diary
    « Reply #212 on: 8/02/15, 02:03 »
    Hi,

Glad all going well on the home ed front. Hope all as ok as can be otherwise.  ^hugme^

x x

Offline jdm4tth3ws

• Gold Member
    modify
    home education diary
    « Reply #213 on: 9/02/15, 08:22 »
    i have hidden the laptop and xbox controllers. naughty mummy. lets see what today brings. maybe a dexa scan lesson at 1 pm. haha

Offline jdm4tth3ws

• Gold Member
    modify
    home education diary
    « Reply #214 on: 9/02/15, 12:04 »
    we took son and DIL to work then onto a cafe for cooked breakfast :-)
    now we have done paint by mubers pictures of a farmyard and playing with moonsand.
    next its off for dexa scan and then more freeplay before swimming lesson at 4.
    they might just be realising theres more to life than laptops, although begrudgingly
    my house is full of reallife chatter not man on a laptop chatting!

Offline jdm4tth3ws

• Gold Member
    modify
    home education diary
    « Reply #215 on: 9/02/15, 15:37 »
    dexa scan done. kids were allowed to stand on a shelp and chair from behind a screen and watch how i was xrayed. afterwards they were aaked if they wanted to see my spine and hip on the pc. the doctor explained it all to them and ke, was good. my bones havent aged in 2 yrs, i have. and i have been told to carry on taking calcuim, vit d and iron as its obviously helping me. so quick cup of tea, more moonsand and off for their swimming lesson. phew! hard work today.
    been to the works and got some books on the body, brilliant brains, gruesome guts, heroic heart and super skeleton. all to tie in with our body project. all books were reduced to 99p from 4.99. bargain!

Offline jdm4tth3ws

• Gold Member
    modify
    home education diary
    « Reply #216 on: 9/02/15, 17:48 »
    swimming was good. now theyre happily minecrafting on xbox 360 and i cant find the tv remote :-/

Offline jdm4tth3ws

• Gold Member
    modify
    home education diary
    « Reply #217 on: 10/02/15, 12:23 »
    there is unrest in this house. A has ddone some colouring J mixing paint colours. now both are complainiing. they are bored and want the laptop. not iinterestrd in any of my suggestions. seriously wobbling today.

Offline mierran

• Gold Member
    modify
    home education diary
    « Reply #218 on: 11/02/15, 00:47 »
    Hope your day improved, and tomorrow is a better day.

Big hugs.

x X

Offline jdm4tth3ws

• Gold Member
    modify
    home education diary
    « Reply #219 on: 11/02/15, 08:46 »
    it did thankfully. A decided he wanted to bake biscuits. so i asked him to type how to bake biscuits on google, which he did. it brought up basic biscuits. 500g plain flour,250g butter, 140g icing sugar. 2 teaspoons of vanilla essence, 1 tablespoon of milk. he measured all that out himself and him and J stood on ottomans near work surface dis all the necessary mixing and rolling and biscuit cutting. without even realising they were doing numeracy and literacy. reading instructions, science, cant remember which. they set the oven themselves. did most of the work themselves. i got to wash up hah.
    after that, laptop and computer time and at bedtime we turned our beds into aeroplanes and rockets. we pretended we flew to the moon and spain and australia before settling down for sleep.
    hoping today will be as productive.