* Author Topic: home education diary  (Read 57519 times)

0 Members

Offline Arrows

• Gold Member
modify
home education diary
« Reply #220 on: 11/02/15, 09:58 »

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline jdm4tth3ws

• Gold Member
    modify
    home education diary
    « Reply #221 on: 11/02/15, 13:39 »
    thank you Arrows,
    had a look and no, not for us. kids would have a meltdown on the spot. they dont 'do' messy things.  only tried machieing for 5 mins and couldnt bear to do anymore :-(
    so i have had enough of home and whisked the kids to a ball park for an hour. just what we all needed.

Offline Arrows

• Gold Member
    modify
    home education diary
    « Reply #222 on: 11/02/15, 14:31 »
    My hubby has gone off for an interview, just had rentokil out to quote on a rotten floorboard and gonna cost 600 to fix the 3 problems they found and my LO is now going stir crazy and no idea what to do with him as I can't handle the cold and he doesn't want to go to craft club which is the only thing I can think of that's on.

Offline jdm4tth3ws

• Gold Member
    modify
    home education diary
    « Reply #223 on: 11/02/15, 20:33 »
    wow - thats a lot of money!! sorry bit late now. did you manage to find a ball park or something of that ilk to let LO let off steam.
    i know i shouldnt be proud of this bit when i think back to A at school im over the moon. there was an incident at the ball park. 2 boys had already pushed J over, attacked two 3&4 yrs olds and stopped kids using the slide. i had taken kids and XH there so he could spend time with them. so A tried to step into this area where there were massive balls. XH was with him. the first boy forced this ball at A and said he couldnt go in there. so A tried to use the other openi.g and 2nd boy grabbed him and threw A on the floor. A got back up and grabbed the 2nd boy and launched him. 2nd boy got up and there was a bit of kicking going on from both sides and then the first boy grabbed A so XH said "go on A punch him in the face" A brought his fist up and bith boys backed off from A. i am so so so proud of him. i onow i shouldnt be, but what a difference! and he took 2 on!!! the others were 7 and 8.

Offline jdm4tth3ws

• Gold Member
    modify
    home education diary
    « Reply #224 on: 13/02/15, 07:50 »
    rough night again. my body goes through cycles of 3 nights good sleep ie 5-6 hrs a night and bad cy nights (4) of falling aslleep at midnight and awake for 2.30 am. then i lie there till 5 am and try to sleep. this morning i gave up the ghost and 5.30 am and have written and posted a letter, collected a parcel from mail office and i think we will just go out to an adventure playground and mess about there for a while. this is night 3 of bad times so again i expect no sleep tonight. i get absolutely shattered from about midday but never have a nap and by the time bedtime 10pm comes i am awake and full of life. so i probably wont sleep till midnight and then only for a couple of hours. Joy! so adventure park and laptop/xbox it is today.

Offline goldbunny

• Gold Member
    • Spot arrived safely!
    modify
    home education diary
    « Reply #225 on: 13/02/15, 09:11 »
    maybe they need a stopwatch to play with to time things at the adventure playground..they could race..

Offline jdm4tth3ws

• Gold Member
    modify
    home education diary
    « Reply #226 on: 13/02/15, 20:25 »
    what a fantastic day!
    we played pirates of the carribean in the park. using imaginary swords and cannons. kids told me i was elizabeth swann. :-)
    we played up on the castle grounds with the real cannons (dont work obviously) but an old couple said it was lovely to see a parent playing happily in public with their children. lovely but sad at the same time. so we then walked around the castle as its not open till marxh. there were notice boards with information on, which we read and found out tje castle was finished in 1180. looked at the staues all around
    we all came homw really chilled out and happy. i even managed to give an informal history lesson :-D

Offline jdm4tth3ws

• Gold Member
    modify
    home education diary
    « Reply #227 on: 19/02/15, 17:17 »
    if they were at school, we would be on half term. but theyre not. so we have google, printed and baked biscuits, we have googled, printed, dated and made home made beefburgers. poundworld had bubble lab (mixing differen coloured bubbles and predictiing outcome i) red + yellow = orange. etc. we have made up plaster of paris and made vehicles and robots.
    They watched teenage mutant ninja turtles and asked why they are called donatello, raphael, michaelangelo and leonardo, so we will (when kids remember) google the famous painters the turtles are named after.
    A lady i have known for 18 yrs who works for tescos has just done farm to fork training and ahe approached me as she knows i home ed and has asked me to generate interest in the home ed groups so she can put an event on for us.
    so busy, busy, busy.
    J has now started asking how do we spell? and so far he can spell yes no wee poo. early days, but i think were getting there.
    anyway better go J wants me as player 2 on batman 3!

Offline jdm4tth3ws

• Gold Member
    modify
    home education diary
    « Reply #228 on: 24/02/15, 19:47 »
    monday 24th feb
    both kids sharing laptop doing busy things. also, friend gave us a tub of sweets so we saved all the wrappers and we will be doing arts and crafts with them one mans rubbish is another home edders treasure. swimming lesson in the eving and they are not moaning about it now :-) i cut J hair yesterday unfortunately 11mm all over instead of 15mm, looks almost bald now, but cute as hell. A whos has long hair (now he doesnt go to school) took 1 look and said you know what mum i dont think my hair needs doing. oops ;-)
    tuesday 24 feb
    laptop work. then shopping. bought A some clothes from primark. told him we had 20 to spend and it was lively to hear him laughing and joking with me. stuff like i hope you dont batter me if we've gone over! raised eyebrows from counter assistants. no, i'll send you to the naughty boys home. ooh please dont mum, i wouodnt fit in there. ok i'll send you to the good boys home. i dont want to go there either, dont want to leave your side. all said with smiles and laughter. he then gave me a big hug in the queue. this is unheard of.
    we spent bang on 20. not a penny more not a.penny less.
    ballpark in the afternoon. amazing watching the boys building stuff with fairly big softbricks. guess minecraft does have its place as i could see them really focussing on placement etc. they did get a tad annoyed when toddlers kept knocki.g it down!
    new rules no xbox till after tea time. its working. J has not been eating his tea but tonight with new rules, he ate the lot and in record time.
    i got a.disc from ebay from a teacher that does primary resources. so for A we have printed a 6 page activity and questions bokklet about gravity. we will be doing experiments. i got J sound letters and phonics disc. cant wait to start printi.g off and working through that resource too.

Offline jdm4tth3ws

• Gold Member
    modify
    home education diary
    « Reply #229 on: 25/02/15, 17:38 »
    wednesday. we have done a lot of numeracy/literacy on laptop. a lot of driving in the car and J learnt how to make a.good gravy and A how to mash potatoes.
    we've done a lot of moonsand, A created.the moon surface. and J is just J, playing and having fun.
    Quiet day at home. although we did have DIL's mum and brothers round. my boys get on extremely well with her boys. and the magic of minecraft lives on. all 4 boys sharing and playing.
    quite a good day!