* Author Topic: home education diary  (Read 57521 times)

0 Members

Offline jdm4tth3ws

• Gold Member
modify
home education diary
« Reply #250 on: 21/03/15, 08:17 »
18/3/15
DIL bday. so she booked day off college. we did a big shopping excursion and i was not impressed with J's behaviour at all. it got so bad that my mum finished off thr shopping with A and i forced J to sit down with me. of course he was heartbroken when A ended up with a pounds worth of sweets and he didnt. but i had stated quite cleqrly good behaviour (ie no running off, following instructions, walking sensibly) equals sweeties. the opposite equals no sweeties. J was a nightmare, no sweets.yes, i felt guilty, but dont make threats or consequences if you are. not going to follow through.
J decided when we got back he was going to wash up and prepare a.meal with me. A was on reading eggs for quite a while.
amazing how quick 4 pm comes round and theure free to play on xbox and laptop
19/3/15.
was supposed to go to a meet. but ended up at DIL mums house for most of the afternoon. her son was off school with ingrowing toenails ops and my kids get on really well with him. they were playing ds and lego with him. J had throughout the day set a target on readi.g eggs that he would get to lesson 10. that day was a very in and out day. in for an hour, out for 2, back in, back out. hate days like that. however J did complete it all and then reading eggs did a 15 questuin test on him. he passed 100%. very proud :-D the resukts said he has a readibg age of 4.5 yrs (actual age) and a comprehension age of 7 yrs. that bit shocked me. A hasnt sat any tests yet.
20/3/15 friday is always free friday unless of course, like A, you havent.manged to do a lesson of literacy the day before. so, before he could start his play day he had to do 1 lesson on reading eggs. which he quite happily did.
free friday means for me however, all day to clean the house, wash clothes, change bedding, hoover, etc. not so free for me im afraid.
solar eclipse - hmm. A stayed in bed, J barely looked up from the computer and it only went a bit cloudy and slightly dark and then gradually got lighter. waz quite dissapointing actually.
any how, i got to wash up in peace :-)

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline jdm4tth3ws

• Gold Member
    modify
    home education diary
    « Reply #251 on: 21/03/15, 08:20 »
    forgot to kention most days we play simon says now. so i grt them doing sit ups, star jumps, touching their toes, running on the spot, hopping, pulling silly faces and they try to catch them out with no simon says.
    guess thats PE covered.

Offline jdm4tth3ws

• Gold Member
    modify
    home education diary
    « Reply #252 on: 23/03/15, 08:00 »
    laptop has broken!!!! OMG!What are we going to do today?!?!?!? both are racing around my double living room and its only 8am. going to be a very stressful day i feel

Offline Arrows

• Gold Member
    modify
    home education diary
    « Reply #253 on: 23/03/15, 08:30 »
    Woodland walk somewhere? Talk about castles/knights etc (could get a book out about it from the library) then get them to make a giant fort/castle with cushions/sheets etc, draw pictures, design their own coat of shields, look up your family crest once the computer starts working again/at the library...

Sorry for not responding for ages -my little boy was born 2wks ago, 6.5wks early and only came home from hospital on Friday.

Offline jdm4tth3ws

• Gold Member
    modify
    home education diary
    « Reply #254 on: 23/03/15, 19:22 »
    congratulations arrows :-D and to mmierran.
    life is rather different with 2 isnt it or mierrans case 3! glad LO is home now and how are you finding it?
    we found the money for a proper pc, we were whipping through laptops like nobody's business so maybe a brand new pc will last longer. heres hoping.
    we went to a garden centre and had a look around. they have a pets corner as well so it was really nice.
    the other day J set his own target on reading eggs and did lesson 5 through to and including lesson 10. was very proud of him. it then did him a 15 question test and he passed 100% i was well chuffed.
    today he is already up to and including lesson 12 and weve moved up to ap sounds.
    the results that i can check said he had a reading age of 4.5 and a comprehension age of 7!!!!
    A has been working on reading eggs but only does 1 lesson a day. his reading age is 7 and comprehension is 7. but i onow J hangs over A when hes on it, so i think hes probably picking up A's lessons as his own
    teething problems with pc, driving me insane!

Offline jdm4tth3ws

• Gold Member
    modify
    home education diary
    « Reply #255 on: 24/03/15, 15:22 »
    23/3/15

swimming lesson had its ups and downs. A likes to run then slide along the floor on the way to the changing rooms. yesterday he found out rather brutally you can do it on the grey floor, but, oh boy you cant on the blue floor. 1 fat lip and bloody nose has told him he cant do that. it looked horrific and i wasn't close enough to try and break the fall. he did put his hands out to break the fall, sadly not quick enough to prevent his face hitting the ground. that was most definitely a down. the up side was they b both got their first badges and certificates for completing level 1 in swimming. how J managed that i will never know as he is such a distraction for the tutor. the main thing is of course, he is gaining confidence in the water.

24/3/15
    today we have been chilling out as i have been loading anti virus on the PC. we have taken the dogs for an untraditional walk. vet told me because of my legs i am allowed to sit on a bench and just let the dogs roam. also, practise recall with Walter. i had a bag full of cooked sausage cut up and he came back every time to Walt whats this, even when a local class from school came on to do a nature walk. good puppy!!!!
    J fell over at the park and has cut his ear. no accidents for ages and then 2 in 2 days-what is going on?
    J is now requesting i get off the PC so he can do reading eggs - better go

Offline karenanna

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    home education diary
    « Reply #256 on: 25/03/15, 19:23 »
    Jade

Just another thought - could you join the National Trust. The cost if you go regularly for family membership is very reasonable.

Around here they have loads of Education stuff plus nature walks/activities etc... plus a great book of 50 things to do before you are 11 3/4 https://www.50things.org.uk

/links

Offline jdm4tth3ws

• Gold Member
    modify
    home education diary
    « Reply #257 on: 25/03/15, 22:52 »
    thanks karenanna
    one of my friends mentioned it, but at the moment money is very tight. we have membership to a local discovery centre though and we do go at least once a month. were planning that for next wed as there is free for members pony rides going on.
    so today, the PC took 9 hrs to install 194 updates, not impressed. we have been to a local meet that i helped to set up and it was fabulous.4 families and 11 children. we all stayed for over 3 hours. age ranges from 15 yrs right down to 18 months. all the kids mixed and played with each other very well
    we have had a lot of minecraft building just recently and J is surprising me with some of the things he comes out with. "Look A theres a ravine down there" wow. when did he start learning stuff like that?
    A got a gold certificate from reading eggs today. 1 question wrong. 93% . was very pleased with him. printed certificate and now in his memory folder. so he has levelled up on reading eggs.
    i will check out national trust Karenanna, when i have the funds coming in again. so thank you x

Offline Arrows

• Gold Member
    modify
    home education diary
    « Reply #258 on: 26/03/15, 18:34 »
    remind me how old your kids are Jade? Barclays are doing that computer programming thing free for 7 to 17yr olds if building things is his thing that may be good

Offline jdm4tth3ws

• Gold Member
    modify
    home education diary
    « Reply #259 on: 26/03/15, 19:25 »
    thanks Arrows. J is 4.5. yrs and 7 yrs. will look into it.