* Author Topic: home education diary  (Read 57393 times)

0 Members

Offline jdm4tth3ws

• Gold Member
modify
home education diary
« Reply #280 on: 14/07/15, 09:44 »
internet is intermittent engineer coming on wed  ^bigbad^
Kids have been enjoying skylanders and playing with balloons.
paddling pool party was a great success. i decided this yr no organisex party games, just a party bag at the end. went really well. was great watching the kids play naturally and uninterupted. was supposed to be 2-4 it finally stopped at 5pm. didnt invite as many kids as usual. 2 kids from HE group and 1 from school. 5 kids in all. all us parentz got on well, and the kids had a ball just spalshing about and playing in the garden.
kids are now getting fractious and wound up as they know we go camping sometime thjs week.

boys are at pets at home today for hands on experiences with reptiles. DH and eldest are taking them. i am going bingo. bit of adult time for me. before the holiday.
My mum got threatened at the wknd by the associates of her upstairs neighbours. her door has almost been cVed in and they treatened to kill her. police have been as useful as ever Hahahahahaha. told her she got caught in the crossfire and next time call 999.  o further action.  and they wonder why people turn vigilante???
shes staying at mine as she too scarex to go home atm.
J keeps telling her if the bad men come back ring 999. get the police nanna.

what is this world coming to?

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Arrows

• Gold Member
    modify
    home education diary
    « Reply #281 on: 14/07/15, 15:18 »
    That's terrible!! I hope your mum is okay. I'd call the police back and tell them she's been traumatised by the event and it would be helpful for a Community Liaison Officer to talk with her.

Offline jdm4tth3ws

• Gold Member
    modify
    home education diary
    « Reply #282 on: 14/07/15, 20:37 »
    thanks Arrows.
    unfortunately she wont as her faith in the police is rock bottom now.
    she has gone home today so we shall see what occurs.
    im trying despwrately to find a 4 bed property to rwnt so she can move in with me, but it is proving difficult.
    thank you for your concern.
    guess we'll have to take it a day at a time

Offline jdm4tth3ws

• Gold Member
    modify
    home education diary
    « Reply #283 on: 19/07/15, 16:22 »
    were back.
    site was quiet, park waz ok  ut not great. which was absolutely brilliant.no wifi. a portable dvd player and 2 ds's. not that they were used much. the thursday was quiet but friday everyone started arriving for their hols. i didnt see the kids much after that. it was amazing watching A from the sidelinez making friends, playing naturally within different groups of chikdren and then looking back to 10 months ago where he was afraid of children as he already learnt children are evil nasty creatures. a couple of issues cropped up where he needed my support and protection and i stepped up and addressed those issues and showed him i would protect him. No meltdowns from him. J on the other hand is in defiant mode but will grow oit of it.
    i found a poster with all the names of the human body so A and i spent 20 mins studying it. then they csme back covered in grass darts so we peeled the shells off to reveal the seed inside and we discussed how the darts become airbourne etc.
    i find it amZing how learning happens all the time and we dont plan any of it and it still happenz.
    i love the fact that my kids talk to me now. we actually have a relationship going on 😁
    love home ed

Offline jdm4tth3ws

• Gold Member
    modify
    home education diary
    « Reply #284 on: 26/07/15, 10:16 »
    A very weird week. we have slowes down on rhe reading eggs maths seeds as theorwtically its the summer hols. but they dont know that. so 2-3 tines a week not 4.
    i have been racing around, nagging thebagent for the 3-4 bed bungalow and im pleased to say we get the keys next friday. turns out it had had 6 polish couples living in it rent free. double beds in every room and even a bed and a heater in the shed!!!
    now i have to downsize drastically, hire a skip, paint the whole house magnolia and generally spruce it up. need to secure getting my deposit back.
    on top of that, i have to sort mums flat out and get her ready and ship shape for moving.
    in between all that still have the kids around. Not ideal. but i suppose do-able.
    have had 2 fabulous nights.
    Friday was meeting Mark LaBett "The Beast" at mecca bingo. We didnt win.
    and last night my friend and I were at Conkers watching Bucks Fizz. it was wonderful. Have seen them before in 1990. At the time i was a smoker and i got to smoke Bobby Gee's fag. however, Bobby Gee isnt a member now, its Bobby Mcvee. nit a bad replacement but i always had a crush on Bobby#1. we were in an outside ampitheatre. 2nd row and we were so close to them it was unreal. one song always makes me cry "you and your heart so blue" and rhey sang it l. i had Mike Nolan and Cheryl Baker, looking concerned as they kept looking over and seeing me crying. Furiously wiping tears away!!!
    they were brilliant. Again.
    Now back to overalls on and painting the house!!!!
    back to earth with a bump

Offline jdm4tth3ws

• Gold Member
    modify
    home education diary
    « Reply #285 on: 26/07/15, 10:17 »
    Did i mention how much I bleeping hate magnolia!!!!! :P

Offline jdm4tth3ws

• Gold Member
    modify
    home education diary
    « Reply #286 on: 30/07/15, 04:53 »
    So we have done nothing formal this week. Although J still blends words on the fridge and tries to do simple sums with the magnets.
    We are moving, got the bungalow I went after. sign agreement on friday.
    the skip arrived Tuesday so have been clearing the house. J is such a manual learner. he has lear t and helped  sellotape boxes, diving into the packing with gusto.
    he started sewing the felt bag do it yourself that a friend gave him for his bday. loves anything work related.
    so (now yesterday) they we were clearing the garage. J being really helpful with a lump hammer smashing units up for the skip. He did this for 2 hours, no accidentz, injuries. He decided to have a break and ride hiz toys r us mbike. 1st ride, came off it face first, mouth hit the concrete and he knocked 2 teeth out!!! rushed to the dentist and hes now on pain killers and zoft food diet!!!
    it blows my mind how he can use diffferent tools, real tools, screwfriverz, electric screwdrivers, hammers, saws, hack saws etc, all real, and never ever hurt himself. grt on something thats designed for kids and injures himself.
    both boys mbikes are now in the skip. A is recovering from coming off it last week and opening up his right knee, that wouldnt stop bleeding. nurse involvement to keep re-dressing it. pavement burn on his right arm from the accident. J  - all 3 teeth thT have come out are a consequence of those damn toys, 1 st tooth he smashed sidewayz and had to have an operatjon to remove the tooth, this time, I spotted the teeth on the concrete and picked them up. so those toys are bl00dy dangerous and they have gone!
    but hey ho, boys will be boys and mums will be overprotective souls 😄
    more slog and packing and skipping tomorrow. got to finish the garage tomorrow. Its amazing how much clutter you accumulate!
    got to the point where i really hate moving, but when youre a private renter, this is your lifestyle.
    onwards and begrudgingly upwards

Offline jdm4tth3ws

• Gold Member
    modify
    home education diary
    « Reply #287 on: 31/07/15, 10:36 »
    Todays the day we hopefully sign tenancy on new property. excited  ut apprehensive.
    many a slip between cup and lip!
    Then the real slog begins!!!

Offline Arrows

• Gold Member
    modify
    home education diary
    « Reply #288 on: 31/07/15, 15:53 »
    good luck!

Offline jdm4tth3ws

• Gold Member
    modify
    home education diary
    « Reply #289 on: 1/08/15, 04:45 »
    Thanks Arrows 😁

Going slowly. going to do most of the move in my car and only hire man and van fir the big stuff. fridge, washer, chest box freezer etc. so will take some time. then theres the painting in this place to finish. Ive hired eldest ex ex gf to have the boys on a mon, tue , thurs and sat. see if i can break the back on it if shes got the kids. Kids love her, have missed her  not being around. out of everybody I know, I trust this young girl implicitely. only 18 but really good with kids and they get upset when she leaves. so thatz a good sign. i just wizh she had shown me her personality when she was with C. i used to get yes no answers and i couldnt get her to open up. she has admitted since she didnt want to give me a wrong impression and me  ot like her. i said i dont know if i liked you or not, i didnt know you as you wouldnt let me know you. now im beginning to get to know you, you are a lovely girl. strange things these young girls.
    the skip is full. worked really hard to empty the attic and the garage.. but then you walk into new property  to find old tenants have left beds, stereos, dresser units, fridge freezers etc and it just makes me so cross. when i leave  a property, i get rid of my junk Ive accumulated, and paint the property through. i clean carpets and bleach everywhere. why dont others respect landlords/agents orthe shelter the property has provided.
    on the plus side im teaching the boys how to do it properly.
    better try and get some sleep.  ot sleeping so great again.