* Author Topic: home education diary  (Read 56632 times)

0 Members

Offline mierran

• Gold Member
modify
Do i move my son from his current school, if i can?
« Reply #80 on: 17/10/14, 22:21 »
Dramaqueen

Thanks a lot for that. It is good to have another brain to pick  ;D

Good luck for your iui. One of the ladies at my twins club was an iui lady so  ^pray^    ^reiki^      ^pray^

I never had iui but went straight to ivf as no point - only 1 ovary and tube blocked due to endo  :(

X x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Dramaqueen88

• If your ship doesn't come in, swim out to meet it!
    modify
    « Reply #81 on: 17/10/14, 22:28 »
    Thanks mierran, currently on day 4 of 2ww!

Offline mierran

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #82 on: 17/10/14, 22:37 »
    Hi Jade

why not do something for which a small group is a plus rather than a minus. Why don't you have eg a trip somewhere

I don't do birthday parties. I don't want to get into that habit as I feel it just adds more tat to an overcrowded house, and it is more stress for me. I do eg going to a special show  then out for a meal ( proper restaurant - we don't do macdonalds I'm afraid ) .

I have a book called something like " why french children don't talk back " I was given as a present. It is written by an American so not all relevant to the uk  but some of it is quite interesting. Eg they talk about the fact that our children have so much they don't appreciate anything. The french don't do big parties etc

I wasn't a huge fan of the lion witch and wardrobe films - I preferred the books. I can't wait till my two are old enough to read them to. They start with the magician's nephew . Worth reading in order too.

Offline mierran

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #83 on: 17/10/14, 22:53 »
    Dq - keeping fingers xd. The 2nd part of the 2ww is the worst. My recommendation is buy in some chocolates for the last few days and have a plan for if it is a bfn. Then you can celebrate when you get your bfp  ;)

X x

Offline jdm4tth3ws

• Gold Member
    modify
    home education diary
    « Reply #84 on: 19/10/14, 11:41 »
    Still pondering the birthday question. he hasnt said anything more but i know times cracking on.
    so the xbox has been fixed. i dont know if that a good or bad thing. but i am hoping to buy minecraft for the xbox soon. aparently in HE circles its used for maths, logic, building skills. i dont know exactly what it is really. but they swear by it.
    i am rhinking of asking dh to.move the xbox tonight, that way its only played at wknds. dont know. i'll have to think further.
    my bday on 25th. not that its special or anything. we have no money, so no presents this year. i have docs appt on 20th, hopefully with results from blood tests. i have root planing on the 23rd, bit scared tbh, thinking its really going to hurt.
    hols on 27th till 31st. caravan fairly lically to see my triplet friend. its their 2nd bday on 29th, so have got to get bday cards and money for them.
    ive been told by a HE friend my schooling sounds mainly 'unschooled'. we do what the kids want pretty much when they want. the only rules we have is eating at correct times (slimming world regime for me) and bedtime rules. this is more lax than it used to be since we dont have school to get up for. bedtime used to be 7pm, now its 9pm max.  but last time pating half term holiday prices, frim now on we can take hols in term time. Yay! cheaper. have kept my term timetable up, just as a guide.  life feels pretty easy right now. thankful for small mercies and blessings.
    its only now A is mentioning some of the stuff rhat was happening in school. but now its in conversation rather than.him screaming and kicking off. he got picked on for his name starting with A but sounding like O.  thats just 1 little snippet.
    i did see something that concerned me on our last HE outing. a 9 yr old i think was picking on A physically. so i have told A if it happens again to use his big loud superhero voice and ahout stop P! that should get the atrention of all the relevant parents and they we will be able to deal with it, there and then. i cant afford to let him get hurt again. he still sees any form of rough and tumble as bullying. i think because its still so raw, he cant differentiate between rough and tumble and physical bullying. need to keep my stern eye on this i think.
    i want him to recover, feel safe and i will not let anything compromise that!

Offline mierran

• Gold Member
    modify
    home education diary
    « Reply #85 on: 19/10/14, 23:26 »
    Hi,
    I like the thread name change.

I have minecraft on tablets due to good reviews. Ds enjoys it whereas dd not so bothered. It is a sort of buildžng ģame.  ???

I think you'll find more snippets of stuff at school coming out. It's great he can start to talk about things.

I have to be honest . There seem to be a section of the he community who don't seem to believe in boundaries or dicipline. Worth monitoring.

I hope you enjoy your birthday despite financial constraints, and have a good hols. And hsppy b'day to the triplets.

Offline jdm4tth3ws

• Gold Member
    modify
    home education diary
    « Reply #86 on: 20/10/14, 03:09 »
    Yes, i will be monitoring discipline and boundaries. i know with how fragile he is right now, i cant be too tough on the education front, but usual homelife rules still apply.
    i cant force him to learn though as thats just recreating 'school' to a certain degree. however, mealtimes and bedtime boundaries still apply. i need time to recharge my batteries as well.
    my bday will be fine - its nothing special really. taking some board games and card games with us, so should be ok. have no money for local theme park this time though, oh well, they'll get over it!
    expecting tears and tantrums later today ahem (was going to say tomorrow, but having an insomniac night) as they have been told it will be monday and xbox for a while. that should be fun........ not!
    came across a bargain just googling today. but cant remember where. 36 phonic reading books (brand new) rrp 128.12, actual price £15. so although money is tight, i thought im having them and bought them. A's reading is good but J can only spell his name. so, out with religion, for a bit, when they.arrive and in with phonics. do A good to have a refresher course as well. dh says A sometimes does the bedtime reading. i dont know. bedtime usually isnt part of my remit lol.
    cancelled my next appt with LA officer, as i really dont feel.we need it. she said shes quite happy to see us in 12 months, she has no concerns. we shall see as a few of HE families in our area have been having problems with LA. LA overstepping the mark and deciding not to follow the letter of the law concerning HE. so i shall just sit tight and see what happens.
    think thats it for now. see what the morning brings.
    thanks for continued support, means a lot!

Offline jdm4tth3ws

• Gold Member
    modify
    home education diary
    « Reply #87 on: 21/10/14, 17:32 »
    Good day today. they are slowly learning they need to 'earn' the right to go on xbox. and this means either work on the pc or doing workbooks.
    so they both did numeracy and literacy on the pc. was amazed that my 4 yr old knows cylinders, cubes, rhombus, shapes. of course square, circle, triangke and rectangle i expected, but cylinders etc. i was well impressed.
    ive had my afternoon off at bingo, didnt win! but i also buy 2 mags with workbooks in on a tuesday and since ive got back they have nearly finished their literacy (mags) workbooks. now incorporating time into xbix time. they have an hoir and a half on it then theyre done for the day. they would play morning to bedtime, flgiven half a chance.  i didnt pull them out of school to let xbox be their babysitters!

weather is awful, wind and rain.
    and dh has just had to wipe the dogs bottom !!!!! pmsl :-D

Offline jdm4tth3ws

• Gold Member
    modify
    home education diary
    « Reply #88 on: 22/10/14, 16:08 »
    fairly easy day today.
    no work as such done but J did get items off the shelves whilst shopping. must keep telling myself, its ok as were 2 days away from half term and they wouldnt be doing much in school.
    spoke too soon about settling at bedtime. they were  b***ers last night  ^bigbad^ but i have put a stop to that, but placing them on an xbox ban today. they are gutted, and have promised no silliness tonight. they were up and down the stairs about 6 times last night. covers arent done right. the curtains are scaring us. we didnt have a drink (they did) they didnt have supper (they did) and finally there's a spider in the room. no there wasnt, just a cobweb. oops! however, they had trashed the bedroom, messing about, what were the reasons. J hits me, A kicks me and all the stuff flies out of the toy boxes when this happens. yeah ok. xbox ban.
    they  did do maga workbooks yesterday to be fair and although A was playing with a saucepan of water, he was also unkowingly finding out what items float and what items dont today.
    DH has taken them to town to buy me a bday present. aah bless, didnt think i was getting anything  :) ...... i am getting a bit worried now though, i drove them to town at just after 1 and its now 4.05 pm. wonder if i should ring him, but then he has 2 kids without reins (wouldnt expect a 6&4 yr old on reins) and if he answers the phone he could be distracted and lose one of them. what to do?

Offline mierran

• Gold Member
    modify
    home education diary
    « Reply #89 on: 22/10/14, 21:19 »
    Hi,
    hope you made the most, of some you time. I'm sure they all turned up ok?

Hope you have a great b'day and half term holiday and don't worry about one step forward one back. :-)

X x