* Author Topic: Surviving the autoimmune recovery plan  (Read 2589 times)

0 Members

Offline deedee_spark

• Gold Member
modify
Surviving the autoimmune recovery plan
« on: 2/09/14, 14:27 »
Day 2 of my autoimmune recovery plan. As a coincidence, 2DPO. Stomach not feeling great today and my skin is yuk, but think that is down to stuffing myself with chocolate on Sunday in preparation for my three month so-called recovery. FYI, I can have chocolate in 3 weeks if, after a 3 week break, it doesn't cause any negative reactions.

Since it is the beginning of September, my nose has already started going itchy mad with whatever I am allergic to. If all goes according to plan, my symptoms should reduce within a few months. Hopefully, then my body will also stop attacking hubby-&-my creations, or whatever else it does to me on occasion, and allow me to get knocked up! We see this plan as worth a try since it is only the cost of some vitamins (that we obsessive types are already taking) and some fresh food.

Haven't tried too hard to conceive this month (the first time in 18months). We did do pee sticks, mainly cause hubby encouraged me, but forgot about the preseed and softcups. Didn't want to set myself up to fall again this month, especially after turning into a bunny boiler at the end of last month. We think near misses/body attacking creation may do this since it doesn't happen every month.   :'(

Anyway, just wanted to say hi. If any of you are interested, I'll update you on whether my immune system calms down.

xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Blondie71

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1 on: 2/09/14, 15:03 »
    Hi Deedee

just curious what your plan consists of, I know it's totally different but I'm trying to rebuild my 16 month old twin boys immunity due to being thrown off thru their prematurity and chronic overuse of antibiotics, basically they cannot even fight a normal cold at the min, I'm going the probiotic route but just wondered what you are doing?

Good luck x

Offline deedee_spark

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #2 on: 2/09/14, 15:24 »
    Hi Blondie,

Congratulations on the twins. Sounds like they have a great mum looking out for them. At that young age, I doubt they will be able to do my plan below. Besides, they aren't reaping the results of their 18-30yrs excesses. ;D  Hopefully, it is something they will grow out of. Dairy seems to be a common issue for younger children?

I am following the immune system recovery plan (with a bit of chinese medicine thrown in - like warm foods as I have autoimmune thyroid disease).

For 3 weeks I avoid: Gluten, dairy, soy (watch those vitamins), and corn. Plus processed sugar and trans fats. Eggs, shellfish, beef, pork, sausages, deli meat, peanuts, oranges, coffee, alcohol and chocolate (taken from the book written by  S Blum).

After 3 weeks, I reintroduce the foods and check for bloating, headaches, etc.

I also add probiotic (I have had many antibiotics in the past for repeated urinary tract problems. Avoiding gluten has now resolved that issue), grapefruit seed extract oil, coconut oil (in my smoothy), DIM (for my estrogen levels), MACA (for my thyroid & hormones), selenium and usual fertility vitamins, decaf green tea.

Avoid stress!

Exercise frequently but not rigourously.

For the 3 weeks I am on the elimination food, I take milk thistle plus a cup of dandelion tea. Then (hopefully) my liver should work a bit better and my hormones balance.

Good luck with the twins. I hope they get some strength to fight a cold soon.

xx

Offline Blondie71

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #3 on: 2/09/14, 21:09 »
    Wow that is quite a regime to do for 3 months :o but am sure the motivation of your dreams will see you sail through it :) Thanks for sharing, it's all very interesting!

Yes def couldn't put the boys through it but I do need to get the right blalance of good bacteria into them before flu season sets in or they will really be in trouble :(

I really wish you well and hope to see very good news from you soon x

Offline deedee_spark

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #4 on: 3/09/14, 08:13 »
    Thanks Blondie.

Most of the changes I had already made because I realised I was reacting to certain foods (gluten gives me eczema and problematic stomach). TBH, this is less about me TTC and more about me trying to have my autoimmune system working properly again. I don't want my body attacking itself - I don't want to have to rely on steroids and thyroid medications for the rest of my life (although might be a bit late for my thyroid). So when I look at like that, 3 months trialling a diet plan that is basically no junk food, hopefully, it won't be too hard.   ^idiot^ Apparently, the body is likely to heal itself when rested from problematic foods for a few months. It's not permanent. No chocolate for the rest of my life would make me cry. ;D

Conceiving would be a nice side effect though, and I wouldn't be doing any of these things if I didn't have autoimmune issues.

Best wishes for the babies over the winter.
    xx

Offline Blondie71

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #5 on: 3/09/14, 21:57 »
    Thanks Deedee - You're right to take care of your health now, at least you can identify your triggers this way :) once you adapt to that healthier eating lifestyle I doubt you'll want junk food very often, I switched to cleaner food a few years ago after a diet of pure crap, if I have grease now it makes me gag tbh palate has completely changed!

Very best of luck & ^pray^ for a nice BFP for you soon take care x

Offline deedee_spark

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #6 on: 8/09/14, 08:14 »
    A week on my autoimmune recovery plan. Initially I felt crap and my skin went all crazy.
    But, the last few days my skin is looking smooth and my energy and clear headedness is on the up! Something is working. :-)
    Feeling pretty good today. Up early. Meditated. Ebaying everything to help pay for treatment.
    And determined to get my synopsis for my book completed (book nothing to do with fertility or this forum).
    Next Sunday I am due AF, PMT crazy women likely to start in a few days, unless DIM and diet has reduced symptoms (or BFP).

Have great day. Hope for some good news from you all. x