* Author Topic: BFP Due Date May/June 2015  (Read 130737 times)

0 Members

Offline teammonkey

• Gold Member
modify
BFP Due Date May/June 2015
« Reply #1110 on: 20/04/15, 12:12 »
Hi Ladies,

Busy thread!

Lilirose mirroring what everyone has said, so so sorry to hear about your sisters, its so sad, life is just not fair! I do hope the time away will help the healing for them both. On a happier note, exciting news you will be meeting your baby soon! I think my DH would have had the same reaction as yours  ;D I'm hoping he does panic a bit when baby comes as he is so blooming chilled about it all!

Littlechicken good luck with the acupuncture! I did think about going for it, but just don't have the time, did enjoy it when I was having IVF.

Harper how you are you getting on? So nice you have your LO now  :)

Fingers you will have your babies before me, unless my LO surprises me!  ??? So exciting your date is booked and fast approaching! Have you got everything sorted at home? I have no idea how you are coping carrying 2 babies, I am struggling with the one! Great news they are both good weights!

Kerry shocking to hear about the scan and how you were treated! I had a crappy experience myself last week, they really are pretty incompetent! I had a scan as was worried about babys movement, and afterwards the dr went through scan and took me in a room, which freaked me out as I felt he was concerned, which was confusing as the sonographer seemed happy with the measurements.. He said I was high risk due to my age and being IVF! I was thinking im only 32, I didn't think that made me high risk? He started talking about when I wanted to have baby etc, that I should be under consultant led, why am I under midwife? He went to speak to a senior Dr as felt I needed to be seen by him, so as I'm sure you can imagine I was concerned! Next think he comes back and says he is happy for me to go home! So I was very confused! When I looked at my scan report the next day they had done the scan on the wrong name, a woman aged 47! I couldn't believe he didn't think to confirm my details and didn't realise I wasn't 47! I look quite young for me age, never mind 47! Re the active birth, if I don't get a WB I def want an active birth, I did an NCT class yesterday and she discussed that in detail and benefits and I just think it is more me! I hate lying down, causes my asthma to spiral with the pressure from baby.

Vimto - great news you're now midwife led. Everything sounds good :) I have started on raspberry leaf tea capsules, are you going to try the EPO? I haven't yet but thinking of doing at around 36/37 weeks.. Are you feeling ready now? I still have stuff to get sorted, getting close now! When are you finishing work?

Stephom I too swim a lot still and love it, the only time I feel lighter and fit lol! Still managing 1.2 miles in around 30 miles, 3 times a week. Will be disappointed when I cant swim for a while after birth. I am feeling the same as you re waters, really want them to break naturally!

mmummy - good luck with getting baby to turn, hope she does! I keep worrying baby is breached, but everytime I go in they say he/she isn't, until I had a scan last week I didn't believe it, I do think its hard to tell babys position!

AFM  -so busy at the moment, trying to get everything sorted at work, really could do with being finished now as I'm getting tired and have lots to do! Nursery is getting there we did our woodland theme on Saturday looks great, just need to get room cleared out and cot in etc. Went to our first NCT class yesterday which was awesome, lovely people and great teacher. She told us a story about a lady who gave birth in the class in 5 minutes flat! wow! The woman was booked in for a section a few days after as baby was breached, just shows how things change! I want a fast labour but not that fast ;) Apparently everyone ran out the room including her DH! I could see mine doing that  ;D As I put had a nightmare with NHS last week, after worrying about babys movements, think I am a worrier! Had a scan, and cant believe they scared me by putting it on some other womans record! Today I get a letter from

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline teammonkey

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1111 on: 20/04/15, 12:16 »
    oops sent to early!

So yes had a letter today for a consultation and scan on 1st June.. hmmm im due 22/05! Called them up, the lady said she could see it was booked, and I had to point out I should have had baby by then? I don't get how that can be missed? Secondly I am midwife led so why am I being invited in to meet with a consultant? I am sure it all stems from the mess up the sonographer made last week. Just waiting on a call back to find out what is going on...

Is anyone else having a baby shower? I am, next sunday straight after my NCT class, so a long day for me! 10-4 class followed by the shower. Bit annoyed as lady at NCT class sprung on us the drinks and food at local pub after last session next sunday which we cant go to, when we joined these classes it was to meet other couples, so this is a bit crap we cant go. Hoping we still manage to stay in touch, as theres some lovely couples, due similar times to us.

Hope everyone else is doing well? xx

Offline littlechicken

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1112 on: 20/04/15, 13:49 »
    Baby Brain! Just noticed I've posted twice about acupuncture ^idiot^

Team monkey we were told the same story about the quick birth at nct. Incredible. I Set up a what's app group with the nct girls do we can all stay in touch. What a pain about the hospital messing up, hope you get it sorted soon.

I had a really dizzy spell earlier and didn't know where to put myself. Luckily is passed now thanks to a galaxy caramel and can of coke.
    What is epo?

Xxx

Offline Vimto78

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1113 on: 20/04/15, 16:11 »
    Mmummy - I really hope that baby turns and you can have the birth that you would like, what an absolute bummer! Fingers crossed for you!

Lilirose - bless you're sister, she sounds like an amazing lady - couldn't think of anything worse than to have to do this. I really hope they are able to find happiness again soon.
    Wow, you're going to become a mummy next week! How exciting to actually have a date when you know it's going to happen! You have one week to prepare.... ;D. Haven't started the raspberry leaf tea or capsules yet....I may just have one tonight...will let you know the verdict  ;)

Teammonkey - hmmm...this is evening primrose oil you're talking about? To be honest, I'd never heard of this for late pregnancy until you mentioned it - but now I've googled it...so you can take the capsules orally or you can actually use them as a kind of pessary which is meant to be better as it's closer to the cervix to 'ripen' it...not sure I fancy the idea of the latter....lol. Will have to have a think on that one! We're kind of ready I think! So if I suddenly went into labour now, it wouldn't be a crisis situation....I've been in work today, and will be again on Thursday with a bit of homework in between, but that's me done then.
    Hard to believe your doctor could make such a blunder, scanning you under the wrong name...not to mention NOT questioning the fact you look nowhere near 47!! Makes you wonder how many other mistakes they make in general really, frightening!

Littlechicken - I've had a couple of dizzy spells too, horrid aren't they!

Well, I had a bit of a stress this morning...ended up going to the assessment unit with reduced fetal movements....just noticed last night that baby wasn't moving at her usual times, I didn't sleep particularly well worrying about it and then lay in bed this morning when she's normally having a mad one....nothing! Had a coffee and some jam on toast for breakfast and only felt the merest flicker of a movement. So they told me to come straight up, when obviously this naughty little baby decided to wake up and start jiggling around all over the place. Heart rate was "textbook"...
    It made me think that I just want her out now.....so I will be on a mission to try all the things I can to bring on labour  ;D apparently nipple stimulation is supposed to be effective and even better if you do it with a breast pump as it contracts the uterus, as it does when your breastfeeding! Anybody heard of this before, or is it just some rubbish that Google has thrown at me?!

Offline Pippi_elk

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1114 on: 20/04/15, 22:10 »
    Oh Lilrose...one weeks time! Well I do feel a bit like what Vimto is feeling as when movement changes etc...I do just want it here ASAP so Im not worrying about reduced movement or spotting.
    I know getting a date..especially quite a soon one makes it all very real.
    Hope the break your sister and bil are on helps them come to terms with their loss, so dreadfully sad for the whole family. Hope the birth of your baby lifts spirits for everyone although I guess it will  be hard on your sister.

That's a dreadful mistake teammonkey...and then th Dr didn't even tell you the reason why you were suddenly ok to go home..probably didn't want to admit the terrible error. I know when they make such mistakes it knocks your confidence a bit in the whole system. After all the mistakes made at my 28wk apt....I am more suspicious now but at least the consultant we are under is very thorough and I would think even over cautious....but better that way.

Glad all ok Vimot when you went to get checked out. I had a bit less movement last week but at my apt last week all was ok and its veen really active last few days. So I guess they can have quieter days but  wish they could tell us they are going to have a laid back day !

Glad the sugar helped the dizzy spell littlexhicken, wonder was your bp a little low or something ?

Thinking turning thoughts for tomorrow mummy....And that you get your birth at home wish.

I am booked for in for CS on 6th may. The Dr we saw last week (a younger one but not the one who made all the mistakes) was not looking for any decision and was saying oh you can decide at 40 wk if you want one when you come up for induction. But we are going to err on the side of caution and follow the consultants advice. Once we got our heads around the idea of a CS just want to get it booked in and not spend the next 3-4 weeks humming and hawing about what to decide on. So all feels real now although we have a bit more time than you Lillorse.

Went car seat shopping at weakened.....was going to go for seat belt installation but our seat belts are too short. I have a weak right hand/arm and can't manage the isofix, well you have to push the lever with one hand and lift off the seat with the other hand. I don't have the strength to lift car seat and baby with one hand....unless I lift baby out of the seat every time. The shop were great though and loaded us a isofix base from their stockroom to enable us to get baby home from hospital as dh can manage it fine. Got the besafe izi go as it was same price as others but which give it a best buy. Just need to decide what to do now...we were thinking of changing car sometime but don't want to rush a purchase like that either. I wonder is it a big hassle to take baby out of car seat every time. Maybe we'll jsut buy a base and see how things go as I won't be able to drive for a few weeks anyway so not an issue immediately...

Offline mmummy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1115 on: 21/04/15, 06:40 »
    Thanks for the turning thoughts, everyone ... she's been really active (like, REALLY active) with all the things i've been doing, but i think she might be a bit stuck.  I've calmed down a bit about my ECV today (there are a lot of horror stories out there); will see how experienced my 'turner' is and make a decision on the spot, but I'm not sure they'll have much luck even if they try (famous last words, hopefully  :)).  Can't seem to sleep this morning, though; wonder if it's just the nerves! 

6 May, Pippi ... only 2 weeks; in some ways i do envy the knowledge of you ladies who have a specific date! I think i've got my head in the sand a bit about what i need to get done (work-wise - though not work specifically, mainly things i volunteer for but haven't had a chance to hand over yet as i've been too busy or tired to finish them!).  WRT car seats, Pippi, the biggest challenge you will probably face is not so much the hassle, as the 'oh gosh, the baby has just fallen asleep and i do NOT want to wake them just to get them out of the car to put in the buggy to take to ..... '.  On the plus side, babies aren't actually meant to spend much time in the car seats, because of their developing backs, but most people just put their car seat on their buggy frame and push them around for hours. ... much much better for them to be in a pram bassinet or proper buggy seat when they're bigger.

Vimto, sorry to hear you had a fright; they're cheeky little critters, aren't they!  My midwife swears by the breast pump.  I'd been throwing my ideas at her last week (before the breech debacle), and she came back with that one.  I think she may have actually told me the same thing last pregnancy too (though i never took her up on it at the time, my parents were staying with us, in a very small flat and i just couldn't face the idea).  Sex works very well too, if it hasn't been mentioned - best if you BOTH orgasm  ;D  (not sure how you feel with that idea, though, at this point in the pregnancy!).  My doc recommended against castor oil when we were chatting earlier in the piece (he was warning me he wouldn't want me to go over 40 weeks; i was saying i was going to start everything natural i could try at 37!).  Not a hassle there - castor oil and reflux do not, i imagine, make a nice mix (she says, still tasting her chicken pie she ate some 10 hours ago)...   After my results with reflexology this week, i'd recommend that too - it's definitely changed her movements (though we concentrated on not bringing labour forward, just the turning).    Oh, and if you do the breast pump, remember to freeze your colostrum/milk; it may be a real help if you have trouble feeding later (or just want dad to top up while you sleep)..

littlechicken; hope you're feeling better. Can be handy to carry a pack of boiled sweet type things if it happens again... i get low blood sugars in pregnancy and they help a lot (though i usually get the first signs of  real crankiness before the headspins, unless i stand up quickly or similar).  Hubby usually notices before i do...

Teammonkey; what a stuff up.  I do genuinely appreciate the NHS - they've literally saved my life, but a large part of the reason i research everything to death is because they have ballsed up so many things for me and my kids...  i hope they get it sorted for you, and back on track.  Part of the reason i like the home birth thing is because i have one midwife who is looking after everything for me from here on in (assuming i don't get transferred back)... so i know she knows my history etc if i call.  It's taken me a while to get to the HB team, but now i'm there, they've actually assigned me to the midwife who was also assigned to me last pregnancy, so she definitely knows more about me than the random person i would see if i were going in to hospital.  at least it helps reduce the chance of error ... not that we're not all infallible (you do not want to know how many stupid things i've been doing lately).

No baby shower here; though a friend offered to host a girl's dinner, but i thought it might seem a bit too baby shower like, and as we're generally all slightly older, and have all got kids, it didn't seem right to me; i just let it slide...  hope you have a lovely one, though.  I'm sure you'll manage to keep up with your NCT group; all it takes is sending a couple of emails to organise the first group 'come and collapse on the sofa with your new child and a cup of tea', and you'll be friends for aeons!

sigh.... sorry, can't finish post; kids are up... need to do damage control .....  (i know, if i diatribed/waffled less, i'd get around to everyone, but heyho)... 

Best of luck to everyone i've missed, hope you all have a lovely day xxx

Offline Lilirose

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1116 on: 24/04/15, 14:58 »
    Hey we're back!

Mmummy, hope the turning has occurred!

Pippi 6th may, so soon! Great to have the date.

Vimto how did u find the raspberry leaf tea? Can't help with the things to get things going, but empathise with the desire just to have baby out safely. Sorry u had to go in with decreased movement it's so worrying but glad all is ok. Pity we can't all get traces at home, my LO did the same soon as the trace went on, baby was kicking it off didn't like it at all!

Teammonkey omg re that doctor mixing you up with another patient!! Are u going to say something next time you're in? What a fool for thinking you were 47 when you're only 32!!! And to worry u that way as well, not good. And the scan date being well after ur due date, what's going on at all?!

Little chicken I'm alternating between being really tired and feeling I need to get things done! Baby is really wriggly and active thank God. Had my last growth scan yesterday and back in with obs after. Scan went well baby has improved slightly, still small but estimated weight now around 5lb3oz so am happy with that and hopefully if I rest up well, he'll put on a bit more weight by Tuesday. Am in at 7.30am Tuesday morning. I am getting very overwhelmed about the birth now, about the fact that I know nothing about babies and this little tiny person will be dependent on me entirely. Can't get my head around it.

Also had to chase the travel systems delivery, still don't have it, but think we can pick it up tomorrow. And the nursing chair ended up having to order it from anothe shop as the first one could guaratenn when it'd be in. Still hopefully we should have the room finished on Monday! Very last minute!

Offline Cloclo15

modify
    « Reply #1117 on: 24/04/15, 16:18 »
    Hi everyone, hope you are all doing ok? Sounds like a lot of births are very imminent! Exciting...

So sorry to hear about your sister Lilirose, how absolutely devastating for her. I can't imagine how she feels but I hope they are able to spend some time together to support each other.

Can't remember if I updated on our plans, but we have decided to try for VBAC up to a point. My due date based on scans is the 6th May. I have a Csection booked in for 11th May which is 5 days over but my due date based on our ICSI treatment. This will avoid induction which I don't want, but gives the baby a good chance to come on its own.

I had 38 week midwife appt earlier, she told me that baby's head is very low which she said was a good sign and prob explains my constant need to pee! She took a while finding the heartbeat though (despite getting kicked continually while searching!) and then asked me if I had been getting back pain, which I have but I assumed was normal. She said she thinks it's because baby is currently back to back, but that contractions should turn the baby when I start labour. Will look it up and see if I can do anything to turn it round. She also said I was really hard and asked if I was tightening at that point - I told her I'm getting constant Braxton Hicks, which is hopefully another good sign.

Really hope I have baby before next midwife on 8th May at which I would have a sweep, but we shall see.

Offline Pippi_elk

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1118 on: 24/04/15, 22:01 »
    Great we are back....yes Lillorse, know what your are feeling.....it's been ahead of us for so long now that it's scary that it's all going to happen soon.
    You have an early start...did they give u a time when CS will happen ?

Thanks mummy for the advice....found a sunglebundl (blanket with handles basically) that's supposed to make it easier to lift them out without waking ...supposed to be easier to lift after CS too Lilorse...but not sure if it's a gimmic or not. And probably better for baby's back etc if I am forced to lift it out of the car seat....
    Yes having a date is nice in a way...but scary.

Enjoy having lots of sex this week Mummy to push things on....and curries are supposed to help are n't they? Think the prostaglandins in the semen soften the cervix...

Think sitting on a birthing ball at home can help and keeping good posture and goign down on all 4 for 30 min can help with gettign it out of back to back..not gaurantee but worth a try. Although the 30 min on all 4s seems like a big ask.

I am panicking here as we orderd a bed nest crib and I even rang today about the order....it's been shipped today arriving Tuesday. I went online to see if sheets were included in the order and then saw the coroners report about the poor 7 wk old baby who died in one...the inquest was yesterday. Seems the side was partly lowered and cot was titled and she managed to get her head stuck over the side and died from asphyxiation. Baby was also laid on her belly so was probably easier for her to lift her head up over it.
    Bednest said if it's used correctly and follow instructions that won't happen but not sure what we will do. If I had seen that yesterday I'd have cancelled it before they dispatched it. Online they said danger is from 2nd hand cribs without the instructions...but nct have withdrawn it from sale and cancelled all pendig orders but We ordered from bed nest directly. But really scary...maybe we will use it but really really read the instructions and follow them to a tee. Not really sure....my confidence in is it knocked, dh wants to refuse accepting it from the courier. We ordered it over a month ago so can't cancel under distance selling rules....

Offline Vimto78

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1119 on: 24/04/15, 22:50 »
    Cloclo - defo the back pain could mean baby is back to back - I had it with dd and it made for a much longer labour while she turned herself round. There are things you can do to help her turn before the big day which I have been actively doing as much as I can. (I didn't know dd had been back to back u til after she was born!). Generally, being on all fours as much as possible should help - I've been kind of draping myself over the birthing ball, with my knees on the floor and swaying my hips from side to side. There are also some yoga moves which are supposed to help...again, they generally involve being on all fours and doing hip rotations and figures of eight, etc.

Lilirose - I haven't tried the tea yet, I've been taking two capsules a day instead and the lady at Holland and Barrett said don't take both! Gosh, Tuesday is coming round very quickly, I bet you can't believe it! You will be fine, it's a massive learning curve which you just kind of muddle through as you go along. You will be a brilliant mummy!  :)

Mmummy - yeah, apparently you need to have quite a lot of sex and orgasms for it to possibly work, not sure I have the energy for all that at the moment... ;D I'm not sure if I should try the breast pump, I was worried it would affect the colostrum but she said it doesnt work like that and that I will still produce more when I've had the baby?! She basically said that it could work and defo worth a try, but ultimately you're body will decide when to start making the prostaglandins which will make labour start. The consultant  wrote on my notes that I can have a sweep from 38 weeks (ie today) which the midwife was quite shocked about - she said they would never normally do that before 41 weeks but because the consultant had documented it, they would have to honour it if that what I want! I don't want one yet anyway to be honest...I got a water infection after I had a sweep before and it made the labour more painful!

Pippi - 6th may, less than two weeks away! Very exciting! I kind of feel like mmummy does - it's nice that you have that date when you know it's all going to happen. and you know how much time you have beforehand to get all your last bits and bobs done. Yes, it's a worry these periods of little movement - since it happened, she's been back to normal and very active...I just hope it doesn't happen again! Felt weird being in a delivery room when I was put on the monitor...very surreal. Re the car seat....it's not such a faff taking baby out each time, and its much better for them to be lying flat for the first four or so months if you're out and about with the pushchair. As mmummy said, the hardest part is not wanting to wake them if they've fallen asleep  :)

Not much to report here - apart from the midwife found a "trace" of glucose in my wee on Wednesday - mortified! She said she's not concerned at this late stage in the pregnancy, but to try and continue with a low sugar diet from now on. This is difficult when my sweet tooth is in overdrive!

Hope everyone is well and not been to traumatised by the FF crash! If it had happened during my treatment, I really would have been traumatised I think... ;D