Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

BFP Due Date May/June 2015

136K views 1K replies 68 participants last post by  Greyhoundgal 
#1 ·
Welcome and congratulations on your pregnancies ^congrats^ This is the thread for ladies who are due in (or close to) May & June 2015

*** If you'd like to join the list below, please let Greyhoundgal know your EDD and if and when you find out whether you're having a girl or a boy, She'll put a ^pinkted^ or ^blueted^ by your name ***

Happy chatting ^gossip^ ^gossip^ ^gossip^

[csv=]
Name, EDD, Flavour

Harper14, 10/04/15, ^pinkted^
RuthG, 21/04/15, ^blueted^
Lilirose, 28/04/15, ^pinkted^
CherryW, 01/05/15
Pippi_elk, 06/05/15, ^pinkted^
Fingersx2013, 06/12/15, ^blueted^ ^blueted^
Olivepuppy, 06/05/15
Mango0, 06/05/15
Cloclo15, 12/05/15, ^pinkted^
Vimto78, 13/105/15, ^pinkted^
Orchid88, 15/05/15
stephom, 16/05/15, ^blueted^
Wardkl, 11/05/15, ^blueted^
LadyN, 21/05/15
Kite Chick, 21/05/15
mross, 22/05/15, ^pinkted^
Team Monkey, 24/05/15, ^blueted^
Lucky Year, 26/05/15
kerryh, 26/05/15, ^pinkted^
Rmatz, 31/05/15, ^pinkted^
Seabob, 01/06/15
Jennyrn, 03/06/15
loopylulu888, 04/06/15
raylee, 11/6/15
Daisy Mae, 14/6/15
Rock and rose, 16/06/15
Sarah Scralton, 17/06/15
Lisabisa83, 19/06/15
Little Chicken, 20/06/15
SianB, 30/06/15

[/csv]

See less See more
#1,227 ·
Sorry, hit enter too soon.

Just wanted to say wishing you all the best and that your miracle arrives on time! ^hugme^ ^pray^ ^reiki^

#1,228 ·
Hi ladies, put a little picture of our little miracle as my profile pic! Baby 'Isla'  :)

#1,229 ·
What a beautiful girl Vimto! And I love the name great choice xx

Teammonkey fx things kick off soon for u, glad ur feeling better x

Pippi, Alex's bum seem better, I've been putting calendula on it which was recommended and seems to have cleared it up. Do u mean Clara is in her cot already, in a different room? How's that going? Alex is still waking every 2-3 Hours to feed and I'm exhausted!

Rmatz sounds like you have lots of help to keep you going till your DH is off from work for the 6 weeks. And it's brilliant he is home so early in the day, I would love that! Mine is heading away on business for two weeks soon am dreading it...

Cloclo congrats on baby elodie! Gorgeous name xx serious ouch re the shredded nipple, I'm clenching just thinking of that sounds really flipping sore!

#1,230 ·
Vimto & Cloclo - many congrats on your happy arrivals  ^hugme^ Your details are updated on the front now  ;) had a really long work day yesterday or I would have done it before! Enjoy your babies ladies  ;)

Grey xx

#1,231 ·
Hello everyone,

Sorry I haven't been online. Had baby Jayden at 00:28am on Saturday the 16th of May after a very dramatic induction which began on the Wednesday before. He weighed 6lbs 10 oz at birth though looks bigger and very strong.

The induction with pessaries failed to get my cervix past 1cm after 2 days and on the 3rd day I was given an epidural, had my waters broken and still won't dilate past 2cm. Was put on syntocin drip which wasn't also effective because baby's heart beat began to drop when it was increased except I lay on my right side. Midwives warned it could damage my right leg as all the epidural flowed to that side. To my horror i could then feel all the contractions on my left side. After almost 11 hours of having the drip, the doctors decided it wasn't safe for the baby so they began to prepare me for a CS. A different doctor then walked in and said to give 2 more hours as 2nd pregnancies could go faster. By this time I was almost lifeless as I had nil by mouth for 24 hours. They gave he a stronger epidural to help my left side and by some miracle within 30 mins I went from 2-10cm dilated and I delivered the baby naturally. When he came out his cord was round his neck 3 times and they quickly cut it off and gave him some oxygen and he was fine.

They examined him and all was fine except his body temperature dropped below normal and his blood sugar was very low due to all the insulin I was taken during the pregnancy. He was admitted in special baby unit for 3 days where he had glucose fed to him via an IV drip and eventually his body balanced it's sugar control.  He was on antibiotics for 2 days with a suspected infection but all the tests and cultures came back negative. We got discharged on Tuesday and since then it's just been sleepless nights. Baby only wants to sleep on my chest, he refused his cot. Went to buy a Moses basket which he slept in the 2nd night but still wants my chest which I can't do because it's unsafe as I may drop him mistakenly whilst asleep.

He is so handsome and worth the £16k plus spent on treatment, worth all my sleepless nights and I won't trade him for anything. I am so happy, I cried hysterically after I saw him for the first time as I never thought that day would come. My breast milk came 4 days after he was born so he had been on formula prior to that and had a good routine. With the breast milk, he wakes up more often for feeds which is quite draining.

Congrats to Vimto and Coclo ...

Pippi- I understand what you are going through at night...hopefully it gets better soon.

Rmatz- I wish I was told that the insulin will affect the baby after birth. What happen was that the baby continued producing insulin without the sugar to absorb it. I would advise that you reduce your insulin by dieting so you don't have to see your baby with a cannula and IV drip after birth. It made me cry a few times.

Sorry can't do personals for all, I did try reading through but my brain just can't remember everything I've read.

To all those yet to deliver, wish you the best if luck. All the pain and perseverance will be so worth it.  :)

#1,232 ·
stephom - many congratulations on the safe arrival of baby Jayden  ^hugme^ Sounds like you had a rough time but thankfully all ok now  :)

Grey xx

#1,233 ·
Stephom congratulations on the safe but dramatic arrival of baby Jayden! You were put through the mill big time there but so glad to hear he arrived safe in the end and that both you and he are ok. That's exhausting that he will only sleep on your chest I hope you manage to get him into his Moses basket soon x

#1,234 ·
So much going on!

No time to read back properly, so apologies to anyone I miss...

Vimto, Cloclo, Stephom, congratulations on your new arrivals.  I'm sorry to hear about the various challenges, but so pleased that they're all here safely now.

I'm hoping that ALL the new mums are getting sleep and cuddles... and all the new babies are too  :)

AFM, I'm now 2 weeks overdue; have had 4 sweeps in total (3 this last week); thought it was finally kicking off yesterday, but went nowhere (as for the  3 sweeps i've had in the last week!).  Induction tomorrow if she doesn't want to join us today.  So, today is last chance at home birth...  wish me luck, girls  ::)

#1,235 ·
Congrats stepmom, at least he is finally here safely although you had a v tough time. It's funny that the 2nd doctor opinion was to wait another 2 hours ...I'm not sure I'd have the patience to wait another 2 hrs after what you'd been through. Hope baby get used to the outside world and doesn't want to sleep on your chest all time.
While Clara will sleep beside me and occasionally in the cot if she's in a deep enough sleep and I lift her in like she's a time bomb ready to go off any minute!.... It's exhausting but can only imagine how you must be finding it.

No Lilrose,she's in a bednest crib beside my bed but it's more an ornament than anything at the minute ! Dh been kicked to the guest bed....although since my mum and sister are here this week, he's now been kicked from that to an inflatable bed! It takes about an hour to feed her at night, then another while to perhaps change her and settle her to sleep...and then it's almost time for the next feed especially if she's fussing.
Good luck being without dh for 2 weeks....hopefully your family are around to help.
Dh goes back to work tomorrow for a week and thens he off next week....not looking forward to missing his help...as he usually takes Clara in the morning and I can catch up on my sleep.

Does everyone else have to nurse their babies to sleep? Can anyone put them down and they go to sleep themselves...I know most mws say they need us in the early weeks but can't believe she will ever grow out of that...
Hoping things happen mummy in the next 12 hours ...and if not that you will respond well to the induction.

#1,236 ·
Wow stephom, sounds like a very traumatic birth - you will both take some time to get over that I'm sure!

Got my fingers crossed for you mmummy, bet you can't wait to meet her now!

Afm, so far (and this is very much so far - I know things can change day to day!) I have one very chilled out and beautiful baby here. The first two nights home she cluster fed like a fiend to the early hours but has now settled down - in fact my supply is a bit much for her and she splutters a bit and takes in a bit too much wind - we've had a bit of projectile vomiting. I tend to feed her at 11.30pm, put her down in her Moses basket and go to bed myself, then on average she wakes at about 3.30 then 7 for a feed. DS is getting up at about 7.30 at the moment which all works out really well. I'm used to getting about 6 hours sleep a night with a small one so I'm not really suffering from a lack of sleep yet. I know that the minute she goes through a growth spurt/gets ill/leaves newborn sleeping pattern behind then we will probably have a tougher time, but I'm enjoying it while I can.

Elodie nearly always feeds to sleep, as did my son at this age - but if she is awake when I put her down, it's usually because she's got a bit of wind and she just lies there hiccuping till she drops off. She is a bit sicky (as was DS) but I put a muslin square across the sheet and just whip that out and replace it if she is too sick. It normally takes about 30-40 mins to feed/wind/change in the night - I feed and wind, DH changes (though I'll prob do most of it once he goes back to work after half term). We are really lucky because she doesn't cry when her nappy is being changed which really helps with DS sleeping in the next room.

My nipples have got used to feeding much quicker this time around - I remembered I had some breast shells that you put in your bra to help healing - they did the trick along with copious amounts of Lansinoh cream.

The worst problem I've got is me - it took ages to heal an open wound where the adhesive dressing had burned me, and then I got an infection on one end of my scar which came up in a lump - on antibiotics for that now. I'd probably feel a lot better if it wasn't for that, but the pain does finally seem to be easing and I think the lump is less hard. Went out for the first time today (apart from the docs) for coffee at the farm shop, tired me out a bit but was so good to be out and about.

Hope all you ladies are feeling well and enjoying your babies if you've had them!

#1,237 ·
Hi girls,

Hope you are all fab!!! Some exciting news today lol, although due for a planned cesearean on 11th June, on Friday morning my waters broke!! We went to labour and delivery to have it confirmed I was 1cm dilated and waters gone. I was still expecting a cesarean so was taking things in my stride, however I was contracting all the time whilst waiting on a doctor to discuss the section.  By 2pm I was 5cm dilated then the next thing we knew we were in a delivery room and I was having shots of diamorphine.  The Dr decided it would be best for the baby if I did vaginal.  Then I'm not sure what happened but I went to 7cm, then 7.5cm then my buddy just stopped contracting..,,.i was in agony but they said my body had stopped labouring, so emergency section to get little one out!!! Baby Alannah was born at 7.50pm that night, 36 weeks on the dot and 5 lb!!!  Just home now with her being preterm they were keeping an eye but all fab.  I've barely slept but all I can say is I'm so in love with her it's just indescribable. She's so tiny all the midwives loved her and called her a little squirrel. Even new mums were coming over calling her a wee doll lol.  I'm so lucky.  Xxx

#1,238 ·
Congratulations mross on the safe arrival of Alannah ^pinkted^ enjoy  ^hugme^

Grey xx

#1,239 ·
Congratulations mross on the delivery of your  little baby girl.  Glad ur home now. Congrats to everyone who has had their babies. I am still waiting having c-section on the 11th so 2 weeks tomorrow. So want it to hurry up now as I am big. Hope everyone else who is waiting is doing ok x

#1,240 ·
Aw Mross, congratulations on baby Alannah's safe arrival, you were put through the mill!  She sounds similar to Alexandra who was 5lb2oz when born, everyone just thinks she's the dinkiest little baby  :)  Enjoy your precious bundle xx

Mmummy hope you got your home birth! x

Pippi have to laugh about your poor DH being kicked from bed to inflatable mattress  ;D  Yeah Alex will go down like I don't have to rock her to sleep or anything, although obviously she enjoys it when I do! Generally though she feeds then burps then I put her down but it does take around an hour in total although of that again that can change!  DH heading off Saturday morning so am going to be two full weeks and weekends without him.  Not looking forward to it... it's the evenings that I'll really miss him and he's been taking Alex Friday and Saturday nights to give me a break, so am going to be extra wrecked...

Cloclo hpe your baby is still chilled! Sounds like everything going nice and smoothly for you x

Good luck to everyone still waiting! Alex is 4 weeks yesterday, time flies...

#1,241 ·
Thanks girls 😀

Lilirose, any tips on getting her weight up?? We are having a few issues with getting her to feed, on formula but she is struggling with the teets, I'm desperate to be a bit bigger now she us so small and lost about 4% since birth, I haven't slept as I'm just up feeding her 24/7 on demand....help!! Xx

#1,242 ·
Mross, what is it regarding the teets she doesn't like, any idea? We have Alex on tommee tippee smaller sized bottles which she likes. Also in hospital we had her on the pre-made sma firstborn formula, what do you have alannah on? Yeah I was very conscious of her putting weight on, we were very lucky in that she didn't lose much weight at all in hospital and surpassed her birth weight when weighed by the public health nurse at 2 weeks. She feeds every 2-3 hours so it is exhausting alright.

We have also bought the Philips avent classic plus bottles to try and combat the wind issues she's having, she can get up wind but like any baby it can always be improved on...we can't use them till she's a month old, so that's tomorrow. Hope they help.

#1,243 ·
Hi ladies,

Hard to keep up with everyone!

Congrats to everyone who have had their bundles of joys! And yay to those close to meeting your little ones soon!!

My little one is now here! My yellow bump turned... Blue! Was so surprised to have a boy, we've not had a boy in our family in a longtime, & hubby is the only one to carry on his family name, so it's super special! So I was worried about movement on Friday, went to get checked, turned out my bp was very high, protein in urine etc, suspected preeclampsia.. Shocked as I'd had low bp my entire pregnancy. They decided an induction was best. So Saturday was the day, had the pessary, was in pain quite quickly, baby's heart rate was a little off so it was removed.. As no Dr was available to make a call. I was gutted as it was excruciating to put in! Dr saw me, decided to put it back.. Didn't get as much pain that time, this was around 6pm, starting getting contraction pains, but didn't expect labour, as heard induction was long! DH went home, I struggled to sleep due to pains, which I thought were just build up, then water went at 4.30am, midwife put me on ctg, after labour suite said to leave me on ward & not send me down, I tried moving on my side as pain was so bad.. Still didn't think this was labour.. But trace went off due to me moving. Pressed my buzzer to see if midwife could adjust belt, she decided to check cervix.. I was 4cm! So they sent me down at 5ish, called DH to get in ASAP, baby was born naturally on gas and air by 6.30! All very fast!!

Our little miracle was born Sunday morning, weighing 6lb13oz, Teddy William John Fletcher. Very much in love!!

It's been a hard few days, teddy does not sleep a wink at night, tired beyond belief!! Breastfeeding has been so difficult to get into, but hoping we're getting there!

Hope everyone else is doing well? Be nice to have a place to chat as we all approach motherhood in our own ways xxxx

#1,244 ·
Congratulations on the safe arrival of Teddy Teammonkey! If it helps at all, it took my nipples about two weeks this time to get used to breastfeeding and stop bleeding and cracking. Buy breast shells to go in your bra in between times to allow healing and apply Lansinoh after every feed. If you have latching issues, try reading Kellymom - invaluable source of advice. With my first it took me 6-7 weeks to really get the hang of it without constant blocked ducts/cracked nipples etc and I found that website and other online advice a godsend.

#1,245 ·
How is everyone doing today? Hope everyone is ok?

Is anyone ready to move over to the parenting thread yet?

#1,246 ·
Congrats teammonkey...it's hard to believe we both have healthy babies after all the stress we put ourselves though while waiting on the harmony test. Well done on doing it on just gas and air...although the pessary experience sounds worst than the delivery

Clara is 3.5 weeks old and the last week has been a bit better re sleep....she feeds quicker and since we started her on infacol she fusses less. I thinks she had wind that was causing her pain,,,or else it's just concidence. Her facial expression when we first gave it to her was priceless...but she loves it !
But stick at it...everyone says the first few weeks are th worst....

My aerola is a bit itchy and stingy so I am wondering if I have thrush ...no symptoms on Clara but definatley bf is a little sore this past few days..hope it's not a latching issue. Must check out those breast shields Coclhlo.

Hope the weekend wo dh is going ok Lilrose. My mum and sister left yesterday after being here a week, I got really emotional when they were saying goodbye to Clara.  Just sad as they got to know her over the past week and since they probably won't see her now until July, she'll be a whole different baby/person by then. Guess it's me being a bit hormonal....

Yes cochlo I am ready to move to parenting thread....just no one had posted there yet so still posting here.

#1,247 ·
Someone probably needs to  make the first move re the parenting thread  ;) you know how it is - no one wants to comment until someone else has  ::) And nothing to stop you posting here too and keeping up with your still pregnant buddies  ;)

Grey x

#1,248 ·
Hi Everyone!

It has been a busy week for me.  I was scheduled for my c-section on June 2 but as I had mentioned pregnancy was really hard on my body. Saturday May 30, after a sleepless night from pain, I started to feel really dizzy and nauseous.  As I hadn't had any GI pregnancy symptoms, that concerned me. It was almost vertigo and I was throwing up. My BP was high, though not much higher than occasionally during pregnancy but unlike the other times it never really went down. I tried to get some sleep, in case how i was feeling was a result of no sleep and pain, but after 12 hours the BP hadn't gone down.  An OB nurse friend said I should go to the hospital and so after a big argument with my husband (who wanted to watch the football game) we went in.  My BP wasn't dangerous and went down while being seen but the docs said I did not look well, even sick and that given the combo of how I felt/symptoms, how swollen I was that even my eyes were swollen and that it was only 3 days before planned, I was offered to stay for observation or have the c section that night. I cried from relief, I can tell you.

I was scared but told myself to be brave, for in a few hours I'd have my baby. It wasn't a true emergency so someone went before me.  My blood sugar was tanking despite drinking juice and taking glucose tabs since I hadn't managed to eat much all day. Still, stress must have been a factor as I needed two glucose drips in the OP.  But at 00:07 May 31 my Emmanuella Josephine was born at 7 lbs 4 oz and 20 inches long screaming with healthy lungs. She was perfect, a little tricky to get out but perfectly healthy.

She was monitored for the next 24 hours for blood sugar issues since I was on insulin and despite how much I needed and how my sugars were in the c.section, she only had a couple of slight lows that were easily treated with feeding and cleared after the 24 hours.  A true miracle. I had worked hard and my a1c was good all pregnancy, but I had to take masses of insulin to achieve it. I am no longer on insulin, thankfully, btw!!

Having fibromyalgia, I was really nervous about pain and recovery. I did suffer a lot the first day or two and cried and needed stronger meds than they normally give out, but at least one doc understood that and I was able to get something at least 3 of the nights stronger than the paracetamol drip and ibuprofen tabs.  Amazingly, though, I am recovering very well. I was moving soon and showering and walking and doing as well as anyone could expect.  I came home after 4 days on Thursday and can do more than I could in pregnancy and feel better than I have in ages. I take ibuprofen and paracetomol sporadically but am very happy to be so capable.

I am having issues with breast feeding and not getting enough milk. Emma lost weight (all do but...) and has normal jaundice so the goal is to keep her fed more than how. I pump and give what I can but she is using bottles. It has been tricky to keep her awake long enough to finish a bottle at times. Other than that, though, no problems with her.

I think I have a UTI or bladder infection, though and got a cold sore so no kissing my sweet girl's face for now. :(  We found a good pediatrician already and the midwife has been by all weekend and will still for a week more. I feel well supported.  Still, anxiety has given me some really intense crying spells but today I feel okay.

I lost 15 lbs just since birth! Yay! Well, 7 of that was her, but still! :) My wound is healing well and all I can say is it was all worth it, even if I may not be able to do it again, she is my treasure.

I hope you all are doing as well!

#1,249 ·
Rmatz - lovely news and many congratulations on your little Emmanuella ^pinkted^ what an adorable name  ^hugme^ Hope you're doing ok....the cold sore will be gone soon....can you take some l-lysine for it? Check it's ok if you're breastfeeding first though  ;)

Grey xx

#1,250 ·
Congrats rmatz on th birth of Emmanuella. sounds like the Dr make a good decision to bring the CS forward a few days.

Sucks about the cold sore as I know I would be terrified of transmitting it to them...oh how you must long to kiss her. You could try the competed cold sore patches....I find they work really well depending on where the sore is...makes them less slightly and also I feel less likely to transmit.
Glad the pain is manageable...I guess we all are fearful of the unknown and in the end for me, my chronic pain was not bad after the birth either.

I am still struggling to keep Clara awake when feeding.....so have no solution for you. I usually feed her, then when she falls asleep change her which wakes her and then continue feeding.

It's been very quite here....I guess everyone does not have a minute. Clara is a bit unsettled this evening and dh is pacing the living room to try settle her.
I'm going to buy a bouncer to stimulate her a bit and hopefully give me a few min when I am here alone.

We are getting smiles from her though for the last few days....started out as half smiles but progressed to day to almost full smiles....your heart melts. I do think they are social smiles and not wind smiles!

I am been treated for thrush on my nipples...the itch has improved but they are still a bit sore, definatley think we still have latching issues but no matter how many times I take her off and put her back on I can't seem to improve things. Usually it's ok for the first 10 min and then it starts to pinch a little...so not sure if the latch is wrong or she gets a bit lazy/slips off after 10 min or the nipple is just a bit tender and after a period of time starts to get irritated.

Good luck greyhoundgal as I see in your signature you are in the 2ww.

#1,251 ·
Thank you Pippi  ^hugme^ That's very sweet of you  :) your nipples sound painful - hope that's sorted soon  ^hugme^

Grey xxx

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.