* Author Topic: Over 50's Ladies - Part 2  (Read 163447 times)

0 Members

Offline Cayleen

modify
Over 50's Ladies - Part 2
« Reply #1040 on: 4/04/17, 23:00 »
Sam ~ Team Miracle is very easy to work with. I originally went to Greece for a failed cycle. Greece requires a lot of paperwork and they ask for payment in advance. I went to Team Miracle in Cyprus for my third try and now have 8 month old twins. I have 3 embies left over which I can go back for at any time. Like a lot of us on here, I started my journey at 49.  I also like that they ask for payment after your embryo transfer.

They schedule you fairly quickly after you select a donor, giving you time for your cycling plus about 2 weeks. There is quite a diversity in Cyprus, and they matched me with a Scandinavian donor.  However, I later found out she was also part Turkish, which is to be expected in Cyprus.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline SamAngel10

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #1041 on: 28/04/17, 15:12 »
    Cayleen, many thanks for your advice, i've had a lot of thinking to do & making various enquiries and have now decided to go with North Cyprus - Team Miracle i have a gut feeling this might be the right one for me, the cost is a major issue and i need to be sure to choose wisely, my second choice would possible be ProcreaTec in Spain.  I'll keep you all posted in what happens next.  Take care  :)

Online Stacey10

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1042 on: 30/04/17, 12:22 »
    I just wondered if anyone went to dogus and had donated embryos? Just wondering what the cost was. Millie how did you go with the clinic you were talking to in Bratislava ?

Offline Cayleen

modify
    « Reply #1043 on: 2/05/17, 00:08 »
    I was wondering if anyone has had issues with low milk supply in breastfeeding. I bf many years ago and never had a problem, but now keep getting low supply. Especially in the 3 month to 6 month age range, I would run out of milk in the evenings and my DS would cry until my milk came in and then go right to sleep. I think the problem then was he was grazing all day and not doing a full feeding. Now, at 9 months, I notice sometimes he sucks very hard, I guess he has learned that brings it in. I keep thinking I should wean him, but at this point I will wait until he is one year old.

The only thing that brings my supply back up, is to do 1 hour sessions of power pumping for a few days. I tried all the other remedies, but nothing worked. Right now, he is only in about the 15th percentile, but the doctor said boys usually lag behind and then catch up. My DD has been on a high calorie formula and she is in the 50th percentile.

Offline deblovescats

• Gold Member
    • 2 BFNs 2012, DS 2014, DD 2016
    modify
    « Reply #1044 on: 2/05/17, 11:58 »
    cayleen - I don't seem to struggle with supply, but I did have problems establishing bf with DS but once he got the hang of it, he breast fed up to 19 months. DD now 6 months old and milk supply is fine. I think that from 6 months supply of milk can reduce once on solids as they don't feed as often. I think that having a good feed stimulates supply so I think you've hit the nail on the head - grazing probably means he doesn't strip your breast of all milk so your brain not getting the message to 'restock'! Also if they dont' feed through the night, this can affect it as milk supply at the highest during the night hours. My little girl is not keen on trying solids! I'm going to see how long she wants to breast feed. As I'm thinking of trying another cycle when she is one, will have to sort that out! Good luck

Offline morganna

• Gold Member
    • NEVER GIVE UP HOPE. LIFE IS WHAT YOU MAKE IT.
    modify
    « Reply #1045 on: 3/05/17, 21:12 »
    Stacy team miracle do not offer donated embryos. they told me its illegal in cyprus.

Hi to everyone else!!

i have been away for quite some time...............busy gettting on with life and enjoying Pippa.  She is 2 years and 4 months. And the love and light and joy of my life.

Morganna xx

Offline millie13

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1046 on: 3/05/17, 22:06 »
    Morganna  dogus offer frozen embryo donation, nit sure if team miracle are in northern cyprus or its different in other areas. x

Offline Maggiephatcat

• Volunteer
    • It's a long road, but it's worth it ❤️
    modify
    « Reply #1047 on: 4/05/17, 05:59 »
    Hi Ladies  ^wave^ 

As we're now over 100 pages I'm going to create "Over 50's Ladies - Part 3"

I'll then be locking part 2 down.

Please continue to post here until I share the link to the new thread, which will probably be tonight.

Maggie xx

Online Stacey10

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1048 on: 4/05/17, 11:22 »
    Cayleen I have noticed since getting older I've been having low supply issue and I really have to ensure that I drink enough water everyday and I'm also on domperidone as well. I was on it with the twins and decided to take it with this baby as well and it helps a lot, not sure I would worry with your Bub being 9 mths as with the combo of food and breastmilk it should be enough, just see if you increase your water intake if that helps.
    Afm looking for clinics that treat over 50's so if I decide in a yr or two to have another try I'm sorted as to which clinic I go to, only interested in donated embryos not a full donor cycle, sent emails off to those two that you mentioned Millie, thanks for your pm  :)

Offline Maggiephatcat

• Volunteer
    • It's a long road, but it's worth it ❤️
    modify
    « Reply #1049 on: 4/05/17, 21:35 »
    As promised, ladies, please find below the link to your new home:  Over 50's Ladies - Part 3  :)

https://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=370281.new#new

Love and hugs to all  ^hugme^

Maggie xxx