Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

SEFC Amberley House Tunbridge Wells Part 21

44K views 324 replies 26 participants last post by  Amy76 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Hi everyone, hope you don't mind me joining. We have our first consultation at Amberley house on 27th October, we are relocating to Tonbridge from Hertfordshire. We have 4 frozen embies from our first cycle at Hammersmith hospital. But having our embies moved to Amberley house. We have a three year old son from our first cycle. Looking to have an FET early next year, when we've settled into our new house. x

#3 ·
Hi Kcat and welcome to kent! The clinic are lovely. All the best for your consultation on the 27th. I'll probably be cycling early next year too, not sure when yet though. Xx

#5 ·
Welcome KCat!
Good luck with your FET - i hope you get miracle number 2!

I also have a 3yo son (from Amberley House) but unfortunatley we are now having to come to terms with the fact that no.2 won't be possible.
We made enquiries about adoption as well but even that looks unlikely due to the age of us and the age gap needed between adopted child and our DS  :(

I'm not ready to give up but think I have to!  :'(

Hi, everyone else - hope you are all ok xx

#6 ·
Good luck kcat with appt..
how r u kj? What does the age gap need to be for adoption? I didnt know there had to be one..
Jfizz...glad u have a cycle planned in for new year

afm....I am miserable. ...I think I am suffering with OHSS :-( im calling doctor when thry open. I look 7months pregnant and the bloat is so painful. Anyone have experience?  It feels like trapoed wind so I am trying yo lay on belly to clear it but just wont shift so I am assuming its fluid. :-(

#7 ·
Ouch hugbug that sounds nasty. Hope you get some relief soon!

There needs to be 2 years between your own child and the adopted child. Our DS is 3 (probably 4 by the time we were ok'd to be adoptive parents) which means we would need to adopt a child between the age 0 & 2. Which is perfect for us, exactly what we want but the social workers say that this is the most popular age for adoption and the most common age for children needing adopting is older than 5, so there aren't many 0-2 year olds out there to be adopted. Then add on the fact that I would be 42 and my DH 45 makes us probably not first in line to adopt a very young child.
It really does look like we are being forced into giving up on every avenue now.

TMI coming up .... I can feel i'm ovulating at the moment so even resorting to the 'normal' method this month which i know is ridiculous as my tubes are blocked so I'll just be building up my hopes on something that will never happen!!

I'm going out for dinner on Friday night with my NCT group - there are 7 of us; 2 of them already have child number 2 and two of them are pregnant with no.2! I think there will be a lot of wine consumed by me!!

I know that in time this will pass and I know I'm really lukcy to have DS and may sound insensitive to some (& I apologise if it does) but right now it still really hurts!

xx

#8 ·
KMJ I understand, but yet I am in the same boat....having already a child. It is just as painful and I know some people don't understand, so I have no one to talk to. I have the feeling of guilt and again no one understands. I didn't want to have to go through all this, as anybody in this situ feels, and if only our bodies would do what Mother Nature intended we wouldn't be here now. Whether we have none, one or two children and want to extend a family, why shouldn't we feel any less pain. However I do have to say that when we were ttc number1 and there were people freaking over not getting no.2, the thought of 'well ur lucky enough to have 1' did cross my mind a few times. It's only when u are in this situation u actually understand it. That's why I feel the way I do and feel I cannot talk to people as I fear they have the same thoughts as I did.
Such a mine field isn't it? Hope you are keeping your chin up...PM me if u like xx

#9 ·
Hi everyone hope ur doing well. Getting my drugs OMG I'm so excited,  has anyone ever had a meal in the evening as thinking of making a day of it as we live so far away and got a babysitter for the night. Xxxx

#10 ·
Very exciting Jade!
There are some really nice restaurants not too far from SEFC if that's what you mean?
Depending On what you like...
Junakhi - Fantastic Indian restaurant on the main road literally round the corner.
St Johns Yard - really nice pub food opposite Junahki on the main road
Sankeys - fish restaurant just along the main road (turn left on the main road)
I live in tunbridge wells and know a good restaurant of most types so let me know if you need any more recommendations! X

#11 ·
I'm so excited. Do you no what the barn is like. Was having a look online and really like the look off it. Xx

#12 ·
Good news jade...good luck...

well I still feel pretty awful and have been admitted to hospital :-(  pretty pants. They are doing a scan today and hopfully can go home soon x

#13 ·
omg hugbug. why are you in hospital not been on much so don't no whats going on.
hope you get better soon. xx

#14 ·
Hi all, I have just joined fertility friends and finding it very useful hearing other peoples experiences. I had 24 eggs while being scanned and started to feel sick and light headed a day or so before my egg collection on Monday. We got 14 eggs and 7 of them have fertilised :) which we are very pleased about and are due to have our ET tomorrow. I'm still feeling sick,light headed and a little bloated! The Dr will check me over before he goes ahead with the ET tomorrow to make sure it's safe to go ahead. fingers crossed it will! This  is the third cycle of ICSI we have done, really hoping for a good outcome this time. I never had any pain or discomfort what so ever the last 2 times so this cycle has really knocked me for six 😔 hopefully it will all be worth it though 😉

Hugbug I hope you get better soon.

Best of luck to everyone xx

#15 ·
Welcome to fertility friends alanabath :)

I hope you start feeling better soon and have no issues for ET

Good luck and fingers crossed

Angelica
xx

#16 ·
Had my nurse consultation. I thought u picked up your drugs then OMG I was soo wrong. Lol there is so much to remember  about how to use the needles and syringes  Ect. .. The nurse offered for me to try injecting but couldn't do it was so nervous.
Hug bug how are you now hope your better. Xxx

#17 ·
Oh no hugbug, you have OHSS? Get well soon.

Welcome alanah, good luck for transfer tomorrow.

Jade glad your consultation went well, don't worry it's not that complicated, just take it a step at a time, the clinic tell you all you need to know. Xx

#18 ·
Hi all, unfortunately we haven't had our ET 😢 had a phone call this morning to say none of the 7 had made it to Blastacyst! We wasn't expectiong this to happen as the embryologist said on Thursday she couldn't see any reason why ALL 7 wouldn't make it to blastacyst stage as they were perfect embryos! She did say that there is a slight chance that one will carry on to make a day 6 blastacyst but unlikely 😔 has anyone had experience of this?  we are tring to be possitive.
Hope you are feeling better hugbug.
Good luck Jade, you will soon get used to the injections.
X

#19 ·
Hi Alanabath! Im sorry u didnt get good news today....hug. did u get the option to go to blastocyst stage or a 3dt? Are they saying they are hopeful one of the embryos may make it to tomorrow? 

Jade there is alot to take in but once u have ur booklet to twll u exactly what to so and when u will be fine.

afm...yes I was in with ohss. Got out today. They said ovaries are large with fluid in abdomen however it is to be expected. Its not severe so they allowed me home :) x

#20 ·
I've started reading through the book and feel a lot better about it now :) been suffering from a lot of ovulation  pain today :( the nurse said I shouldn't need and aspirations or over stimulation as got a low amh which happy about. Just hope I don't under stimulate. Hug bug glad your back home now. Xx

#21 ·
Hi hugbug Glad you are home now 😀

At day 3 they phoned to say that they were all perfect embryos so she didn't think it would be an issue going to Blastacyst. We just went with her, she didn't really ask us as such. She wasn't very hopeful for a day 6 Blastacyst. It's just puzzling that all 7 didn't make it. Fingers crossed for good news in the morning you never know.
xx

#22 ·
Quick questions about drugs. Ladies that had iui did you have pessaries? ? I'm not sure if someone said they did. They have given me 7 lots of me menopur 75 I u,  suprecur and ovitrelle  ×3 xx

#23 ·
Ah alanabath....I am really sorry.....I hope youoget some answers xx

no jade the ovitrelle are your support shots in leutal phase. So no pessaries...only ivf get the joy of those :)

#24 ·
Ok then thank you. Was a bit unsure as Mr r said I was going to have a lot more then the nurse said it's not necessary. Xx

#25 ·
So the embryologist phone this morning and to our amazement we have 2 blastacysts to transfer today! 😃 what an emotional roller coaster this is! x

#26 ·
Oh wow congratulations!!! Xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.