* Author Topic: Natural IUI - Donor Sperm - 2nd try  (Read 4618 times)

0 Members

Offline hugbunny

• Un-Ranked
modify
Natural IUI - Donor Sperm - 2nd try
« on: 13/10/14, 16:54 »

It has taken a few years to get to this point. Waiting for tests, examinations, results and to confirm that my husband has zero viable sperm. So after consideration we have decided to go for donor sperm.
I had been monitoring my basal temps for years and tests (fairly regular cycle) and I was told tests were all good. So...

1st IUI
After the first day of AF I estimated when I should go in for 1st IUI. As the date approached I was doing the clearblue testing and waiting to get the smiley face. But at some point I started to have a little panic as I was sure I had missed it (mucus was disappearing). Just as I had given up, I get the smiley. Great. Head to doctors the next day.
All looks good (or the doctor did not say otherwise) and I received IUI. Next day temperature rise. :)
The waiting is all consuming. But unfortunately I did not have to wait the 2 weeks.
After 6 days AF arrived.
I have no idea why it came so soon and it has not happened before.

So the 2nd IUI starts now.
I vow to be more relaxed. Could it be stress or something more? (booked a beauty treaty in a couple of weeks to make sure I'm calm  :))

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline hugbunny

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #1 on: 18/10/14, 08:05 »
    I just have to write after unwrapping a delivery of tablets.

It was 1 and and half weeks ago that I got the first day of my AF.
    When it arrived the timing was not like normal so I misinterpreted the little pinkish colour as implantation bleeding (the ever hopeful and over-excited thoughts taking over me). So for half a day I was quietly excited and trying to control spontaneous giggling. It was only in the evening that I got blood, too much for implantation. :(
    Anyway, the day before this happened I realised I was running out of "conception vitamins". So, I was questioning myself - do I be pessimistic and order more or just wait until I'm certain (which would mean being without for a couple of weeks) or be optimistic and order pregnancy vitamins. Hmmmm.... what to do.

Well, of course during my half day of excitement I ordered my 3 big packets of pregnancy tables. They arrived on Wednesday and have been left unopened on the kitchen table since then.
    Cleaning this morning and so opened the packet up. I actually have a mixture of feelings. Mostly I am smiling at the silliness of myself, it really is a "Dope!" moment.

I think what is frustrating with this process (apart from the dreaded 2ww) is the unknowing. The inability to plan anything with certainty. Feeling like I'm not really moving on with my life until this process is complete. Turning down other jobs, holidays and opportunities to concentrate on this project without knowing what the outcome will be. Am I gambling with my present happiness for a life which might not happen.
    When we received the news the first time that my DH had azoospermia (additional biopsy and cutting open to confirm afterwards), I grieved. I grieved the loss. So if it doesn't happen, I think (hope) that I'm already partly prepared - or am I being slightly delusional  ::)
    -
    But I have been instructed to start testing in 2 days for the LH surge. Hoping it comes on time.
    Interested to see doctor to discuss previous cycle.
    Also realised after reading this site that they didn't check some things before the IUI (i.e follicle size) or she looked quickly but gave me no information. Hopefully I am more prepared this time.

Offline hugbunny

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #2 on: 27/10/14, 18:34 »
    I was waiting, waiting for the LH rise. It was late  :-[ and the weekend was coming.
    So, made an appointment with the doctor on the Thursday who advised that I should have a trigger shot that day and come back the next day for the IUI.
    Conditions were supposedly ok on the Thursday (22mm follicle and 7mm endometrium). Next morning the IUI was performed.
    After the previous cycle when AF arrived way too early, I was prescribed progesterone and told to start taking it from Sunday until further notice. No real conclusion of way it happened last time, but possibly stress  :-\

2ww has begun and will try to focus on other things... first item is washing up  :)

Offline hugbunny

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    IUI - Donor Sperm - 2nd try
    « Reply #3 on: 2/11/14, 08:39 »
    The 2ww is a strange time. I notice every twinge, every ache, every feeling my body does.
    It's so easy to start getting caught up in thoughts about 'is this a sign'.
    Since I am not now on Progesterone, half my consciousness is telling me that it is the medicine that gives me cramps, bloating etc. The other half of my consciousness is getting over excited and saying 'no, this feels different - perhaps it worked. But then again, it's probably never gonna happen' (half my brain has a completely Bipolar personality).

Well this Progesterone malarky is rather messy. I am taking 2 vaginal suppositories, which I insert at bedtime. At the beginning I was getting white chalky discharge the following day (throughout the day). However, the last few days I wake up really quite wet "down there"  ??? One morning the crotch of my pyjama bottoms was completely damp i was wondering if my bladder had misbehaved (sorry if TMI). But luckily it hadn't.
    Well currently the Progesterone is doing it's job as no AF yet (it arrived this time last cycle).

One week left.  ^reiki^

Offline hugbunny

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    IUI - Donor Sperm - 2nd try
    « Reply #4 on: 6/11/14, 09:06 »
    I have been taking my Basel Temperature for the last, umm, 8 years perhaps. I have found it quite useful for knowing when ovulation took place, when AF is coming and to keep a easily readable check of my cycle.
    Since IUI/ovulation this cycle, my temperature was elevated and pretty steady. I haven't been sleeping well (terribly actually) but temperature was fairly constant.
    However, this morning it was low   :(
    I guess I could convince myself if was because of the bad sleep, but maybe that's clutching at straws.
    So now is the wait for AF and tomorrow temperature reading should confirm (if AF has not arrived by then and delayed by Progesterone tablets).

My bad sleep is due to an injury. My physio advised to take ibuprofen 3 time a day for a few weeks (but of course, I don't want to incase the IUI worked). I did not want to explain to the physio about not wanting to take ibuprofen but now I am waking up every night after a few hours sleep in pain. Not the best conditions to be calm and relax  ::)

So far my belly had been playing up since the IUI, but the cramping mostly stopped after the weekend, I have been getting dizzy (but this could have been caused by the lack of sleep). So I seem to have a few side effects from the Progesterone. Bugger.

Phfff. This last year and a half I would really like an "undo" button.
    Undo getting injured. Undo waiting for examinations to see if medication would work for DH (it didn't). Just ... i dunno. I'm too tired to think.

Offline hugbunny

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #5 on: 10/11/14, 09:39 »
    My basal temperatures went back up the next morning, so it seems it was just my bad nights sleep that caused the dip, not the arrival of AF.
    14dpo I did the test and it was a BFN.
    The side effects from the progesterone had mostly subsided towards the end of the 2ww. I'd still get some nausea but the bloating and bad cramps had gone (does this mean the body gets used to it?).
    The total progesterone was 400mg per night.
    After my BFN, I stopped taking the progesterone (so last dose was Friday night). Still had a little nausea yesterday. But temps remain at approx. 37.1 C.
    Today I feel depressed, which is usually a sign of impending AF.

It was advised to take Comifene (50mg) from day 3 of AF.
    I have to go on a business trip tomorrow and will be away for 4 nights (so must remember to get prescription before going).

I am tempted to do another clear blue test tomorrow morning if AF has not arrived by then "just in case" I am a late producer of hcg.
    Yes, I am clinging on to the slippery slope of hope.

Offline hugbunny

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    DIUI - Out of control.
    « Reply #6 on: 16/11/14, 08:50 »
    So another 6 days passed (23 dpo in total) with steady high temperatures of 37.1 and feelings of nausea and coming and going. This morning my temperature went down to 36.6. Game over. AF should definitely arrive very soon.
    This progesterone has really delayed my AF. it has taken over a week after stopping the suppositories for AF to show (although not here yet, I am sure it will be today).

I did get another BFN yesterday (the delay keeps that hopes up - so I went and bought another test).
    For the 6 months before starting this my cycle has been a pretty steady 29days. Now this process has made it go crazy. ^idiot^

Offline hugbunny

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    IUI - Donor Sperm - 3rd try
    « Reply #7 on: 27/11/14, 18:52 »
    Today is 12 days into my 3rd cycle.
    This cycle is the first time I have taken Clomid, but luckily there were no really noticeable side effects.
    I went to have scan today (Thursday) and initially it was planned that I would have trigger today and IUI the next day (as clinic not open at weekend).
    However, follicles not as developed as I would like therefore I have decided to wait and test for LH surge and potentially not do a trigger.
    The Clomid did seem to have some effect on follicles though.
    1 on right - 16mm and 4 on the left - all 12mm (on other cycles I have only have 1 noticeably larger follicle)
    Endometrium - 8mm.
    So I'm feeling good that if everything keeps growing steadily the I'll have IUI in 4 days time, on Monday.

Am happy it is slightly delayed as I have to go to a close friend's celebration and I don't like having to make up weird excuses of why I am avoid alcohol and don't want to eat raw foods.

Offline hugbunny

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Donor Sperm - 3rd try
    « Reply #8 on: 1/12/14, 18:43 »
    On Sunday I got the LH surge.
    Phoned the clinic this morning (Monday) and arranged to be there at 13:30.

My doctor is not really big on wasting time. It's more a "wham, bam, thank you ma'am" kinda experience.
    I go in the room, off with the trousers, hop on the chair, legs in the air and fiddle, fiddle, fiddle, 2 minutes later, down I get, on with the trousers bye, bye.
    It was only because I asked about the thickness of my endometrium, that she checked (about 10-11mm - difficult to tell as she had already done the IUI). And when I asked about the size of the follicle, well apparently it had gone (I assume she meant I had ovulated). She did confirm that the egg would be waiting in the tubes now. So ovulation happened much sooner after LH surge than previously. Or maybe it just did a Houdini.
    Doctor also said that I probably don't need to take the progesterone (which I am happy about), but also makes me feel like this whole process is a bit random.

So today starts my 2ww, and without progesterone, so hopefully without all the side effects that I had previously.
    I always feel quite calm at the beginning of the 2ww and convince myself that I won't think about it, but just be super cool, calm and collected.
    Hee, hee, hee. I'm a delusional muppet sometimes   ;)

I've decided that this is my last IUI. I will try IVF after this, but will miss a cycle due to Christmas (sounds like I already believe it won't work this time either - not very positive thinking. Hmmm - I need to improve on that).

Well, lets see how this cycle goes  ^reiki^

Offline hugbunny

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    IUI - Donor Sperm - 3rd try
    « Reply #9 on: 10/12/14, 10:30 »
    9 dpo and I am feeling "normal". It's such a great feeling following last cycle on progesterone. But with no noticeable symptoms it also feels a bit negative already.
    However, feeling much calmer at the moment than I thought I'd be, but not sure about beginning of next week when OTD gets closer - doctor said to test on 16 dpo - 7 days to go.