* Author Topic: Over 40s Pregnancy Chat  (Read 59930 times)

0 Members

Offline Beldon

modify
Over 40s Pregnancy Chat
« Reply #10 on: 26/10/14, 17:12 »
Hi Ladies, Can I join too?

I'm currently 8W +4 - I've had my early scan, saw one heartbeat and now I've been referred onto the Midwife.

Thrilled to have got this far after 5 cycles but still pretty nervous.

Congratulations to all of you on your pregnancies x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Karhog

• Gold Member
    modify
    Over 40s Pregnancy Chat
    « Reply #11 on: 26/10/14, 18:17 »
    Hi ladies, nice to see the group is growing!
    Good luck at gp tomorrow Jules.
    Pea, how did your scan go?
    Mel and Louise, phew you are over a big milestone! When are the next scans?
    Beldon, think we are more or less at the same stage, how are you feeling?
    Afm, nothing to report really. I've had an extremely lazy day, so exhausted and taking advantage of the fact my dp is around!

Offline Mel D

modify
    Over 40s Pregnancy Chat
    « Reply #12 on: 26/10/14, 20:03 »
    Thanks Karhog
    Next scan at 20 wks so 4 wks time. Doctor's appt tomorrow to discuss my case as had laparotomy in 2008 and am apparently high risk due to age. Hopefully he will check the heartbeat too or she will start moving soon so I can feel she is still there as long wait  til next scan. Fantastic that so many ladies of a similar age have so far been successful.
    Mel x

Offline Pea2

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Over 40s Pregnancy Chat
    « Reply #13 on: 26/10/14, 20:44 »
    Great to see so many people join this thread. Scan went well today. Everything as it should be.  Feel very reassured.

Offline mejulie40

• Gold Member
    • Believe it can happen :)
    modify
    Over 40s Pregnancy Chat
    « Reply #14 on: 27/10/14, 12:48 »
    Hello ladies..

How are you all feeling today? Hope all the scans have put smiles on your faces..

I will be going for blood test tomorrow to check levels.. pray all is good & we make it to scan day this time so want to see bubba..

can i ask if anyone has bad leg cramps.. only one side but driving me nuts!

Luv to you all

xx

Offline Mel D

modify
    Over 40s Pregnancy Chat
    « Reply #15 on: 28/10/14, 21:52 »
    Mejulie
    Hope blood tests went ok today. Not had leg cramps but do often wake up with numb hands and been getting tingling fingers too. Apparently it'something to do with increased pressure and more blood and fluid in the body.  Dont know about leg cramps always thought that was due to dehydration and lack of electrolyte balance.
    Heard my little girl's heartbeat yesterday so reassured that she is very much still there.
    Mel x

Offline bundles

• Volunteer
    • Time is an illusion, lunchtime doubly so ! D.Adams
    modify
    Over 40s Pregnancy Chat
    « Reply #16 on: 29/10/14, 06:09 »
    Hi ladies  :)
    So glad a new over 40s pregnancy thread has been started. I was on one over 2.5yrs ago & it was great fun  :) although this time, technically I should perhaps be in the over 50s  ;D
    I've had a 7wk scan & my 12wk one. My 20wk is on 17th Nov so not long. Will be lovely to share this journey with you. Older mums really are the best  :)
    xx

Offline Mrs.F

modify
    Over 40s Pregnancy Chat
    « Reply #17 on: 29/10/14, 07:27 »
    Oh, I'm so happy for this thread! Thank you Karhog  ^hugme^
    May I join you too? According to the online calculator I'm 8 weeks today. According to the crappy doctor from the scan last night, I'm 7 weeks... Didn't tell me how much the beanie measures and just showed us the heart beating. It sure has grown a lot since the last scan on 17 Oct...
    Next scan 11 Dec surely with another doctor.  ^pray^ all will be well till then.

Offline mamochka

• Gold Member
    modify
    Over 40s Pregnancy Chat
    « Reply #18 on: 29/10/14, 07:40 »
    Hello ladies, I just found this thread :). Although I am on Serum thread where everyone is  more or less >40yo it is nice to talk to wider audience. Some familiar faces as well!
    I had my 20w scan last week and everything is fine. Current challenge - itchy on the face particularly jawline, neck and chest at night. Went to hospital to exclude obstetric cholestasis and had a horrible experience - no help from NHS (( do keep experimenting what will make me feel less itchy.
    I am looking forward to get to know all of you and share this journey - well need to read back first. Mamox

Offline bundles

• Volunteer
    • Time is an illusion, lunchtime doubly so ! D.Adams
    modify
    Over 40s Pregnancy Chat
    « Reply #19 on: 29/10/14, 08:10 »
    Don't worry Mrs F it's not like we don't know the day that conception took place  ::) my sonographer put me a week ahead but my consultant just laughed & said I was right. Now if only he would put that in writing for my OH  ;D

Mamo I had a really bad itchy rash on my tummy from the clexane last time. The only thing that helped was rolling sauce bottles from the fridge on it !! Have you tried an aloe gel or even that tinned water spray for cooling your face  ^hugme^

xx