* Author Topic: Over 40s Pregnancy Chat  (Read 59926 times)

0 Members

Offline Karhog

• Gold Member
modify
Over 40s Pregnancy Chat
« Reply #110 on: 29/12/14, 11:16 »
Welcome Francesca and congratulations!!

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline mamochka

• Gold Member
    modify
    Over 40s Pregnancy Chat
    « Reply #111 on: 29/12/14, 13:25 »
    Hey girls,

Sorry I have not been posting regularly but have been quite busy I guess trying to finish things in old year and start new year with new thoughts. I will be 30 weeks on 31st so kind of a final run.

Mrs F - great news on panorama result!!! Have you asked about sex when you did the bloods?

Mrs Rock and Franchesca - welcome and really happy with you news! The more the merrier)) I think there are only 2 ladies over 40 on my March dd board.

Karhog - how are you!?

If I don't post before I wish you all complication-free pg and very lucky and happy 2015!
    Much love

Mamoxx

Offline Mrs Rock

• Volunteer
    modify
    Over 40s Pregnancy Chat
    « Reply #112 on: 29/12/14, 20:20 »
    Hi ladies, I've made this thread a sticky so it's always easy to find.

Offline Mrs.F

modify
    Over 40s Pregnancy Chat
    « Reply #113 on: 30/12/14, 08:45 »
    Hi Mamochka, hope you are doing good. Did you finish moving out/in?
    The sex comes automatically with Panorama test, but in my lovely country the patients are not shown the results... I will have to wait for the appointment on 8 January with my doctor to find out what the sex is...

Hallo everyone! Hope you are having great holidays and loads of presents  :) along with growing bumps! Or bums  ;D

Offline bundles

• Volunteer
    • Time is an illusion, lunchtime doubly so ! D.Adams
    modify
    Over 40s Pregnancy Chat
    « Reply #114 on: 30/12/14, 12:53 »
    Hi All  ^wave^

Welcome Francesca  ^hugme^

Great result Mrs F

Mamo New Year is always a good milestone for getting things ready & done. My new years resolution is to lose the crap & ebay like mad  ;D Hope I don't end up buying too much baby stuff  ;D ;D

Well, a great Xmas was had by all here  ;D relatively quiet & smooth so I couldn't have asked for more. Tried to change GPs just before, to transfer my care, WELL !!!!!! Seems they want full ID, inside leg & what you plan to have for tea !! Had nothing in my name for proof of address so failed at the first hurdle and gave up  >:(
    Yesterday, sorted one of my accts with a reprint showing my new addy so hopefully will complete that this week. Rang Colchester hospital - 12 times as it rang out each time  :o finally got through & was told I can be consultant led at the Clacton maternity unit  ^clapping^ ^clapping^ ^clapping^ ^clapping^ so much nearer ! Apparently 2 consultants come down each week to run their clinic. Have my first appt booked for 9th Jan with the midwife there to go through my notes, already have her name too  :) & should get my 28wk scan through for the week after. Seem scarily efficient after some of the chaos in London  ::) According to their website, it would be possible to transfer my stay after the birth there too but that would just be too easy so we'll see  ;D
    Hoping to book our 4D scan, but the prices seem to really have gone up  :-\  I had one last time & it was an amazing experience. Hope to try & sort it today.
    Any scans coming up ?

xx

Offline Mrs Rock

• Volunteer
    modify
    Over 40s Pregnancy Chat
    « Reply #115 on: 30/12/14, 19:38 »
    Mrs F what country are you in?  Just being nosey  :)   I had to laugh at your last sentence, I think you meant growing bumps?  but with the amount of food I'm putting away I've definitely got a growing bum too  ;D

Bundles I have finally booked my scan for 8 January.  Very nervous and seems like a lifetime not 9 days between then and now.  I've done ok so far with the distraction of Christmas and everything but now it is starting to DRAG! 

Know what you mean about the chaos of London hospitals!  I saw GP today and asked whether I have any other options rather than the same place where my LO was born as it was a pretty bad experience.  She's looking into whether I can go to St Thomas's instead even though it's a long way away.  It would be close to work for appointments though. 

Offline bundles

• Volunteer
    • Time is an illusion, lunchtime doubly so ! D.Adams
    modify
    Over 40s Pregnancy Chat
    « Reply #116 on: 30/12/14, 20:09 »
    Mrs Rock lol I actually speed read it as bumps  ;D ;D Perhaps another New Years Res should be I must not rush !! I think MrsF is Swiss  ;)  What part of London are you ? I've just left the east & really don't miss it - well 95% of the time anyway  ;D I have a dear ff who had a VERY bad local experience with her first (sadly a  ^angel^ ) and so travelled to St Thomas for her rainbow baby. They were/are superb & both she & her husband fundraise for the special unit there - 30K so far I think !!
    Yay scan on the 8th - how many did you have transferred ? 'Bout time for a ticker eh ?!?!  ;)

xx

Offline Mrs.F

modify
    Over 40s Pregnancy Chat
    « Reply #117 on: 30/12/14, 20:13 »
    Mrs.Rock, I'm in Switzerland. And I laughed at my last sentence too - risks of the automatic corrections when writing from the mobile... Managed to correct my typo  ;)
    Bundles, it seems you've managed to do a lot. Congrats!
    I have an appointment  also on 8 January, but I will have no scan unfortunately. Will see if we can charm them to get one though...

Offline mamochka

• Gold Member
    modify
    Over 40s Pregnancy Chat
    « Reply #118 on: 30/12/14, 21:03 »
    Mrs F - yes properly settled back in Moscow now but still lots of things to do after the NY including renting a flat and buying some nursery furniture and all baby related stuff. My 32w appointment will be on the 15th and scan too. Prior to that have to do bloods and urine tests.

Countdown has started for the last day of 2014!!! Waves to Mrs Rock, Bundles and Karhog! Mxx

Offline Mrs.F

modify
    Over 40s Pregnancy Chat
    « Reply #119 on: 31/12/14, 07:31 »
    Happy 30 weeks today Mamochka. Take good care of yourself in icecold Moscow!

P.S. We just got it confirmed by the Panorama Test - it's a girl!!!!