* Author Topic: Over 40s Pregnancy Chat  (Read 59409 times)

0 Members

Offline Mrs Rock

• Volunteer
modify
Over 40s Pregnancy Chat
« Reply #120 on: 31/12/14, 09:59 »
Mrs F congrats on team pink!

Mamochka  ^wave^ I did Russian at university, only got to Moscow once though, went to St Petersburg or Leningrad as it was then several times though.  It gets cooooold! ^snowflake^

Bundles don't think I am brave enough for a ticker yet  ::) .  Your poor FFs, I'm happy St Thomas's worked out for them with their second.  I am in se London so St T would be an hour in the car which is a long time if in labour but going by last time when I had to be induced at 41+4 that's not likely to happen anyway.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Ruu

• Gold Member
    modify
    Over 40s Pregnancy Chat
    « Reply #121 on: 31/12/14, 11:08 »
    Hi ladies  ^wave^ ^wave^
    Anyone mind if I join you? Bundles my sweet I think this is where you suggested I jump on?  ^hugme^ ^hugme^
    I'm 27 weeks tomorrow - yikes!!! And staying team cream. EDD 2/4/15 and really enjoying the huge increase in movement over the last few weeks. So very reassuring!!
    Turning 46 in two weeks so this is I think the right spot for me!! Looking forward to getting to know you all
    Xx

Offline Mrs Rock

• Volunteer
    modify
    Over 40s Pregnancy Chat
    « Reply #122 on: 31/12/14, 11:33 »
    Hello Ruu and welcome, congrats on your pregnancy  :) :)

Offline Francesca43

modify
    Over 40s Pregnancy Chat
    « Reply #123 on: 31/12/14, 12:44 »
    Ruu, a warm welcome from me as well.

27 Werks, how wonderful. Congratulations!!!! My 7 th Week Starts today but I did not have my First scan yet. I am 44 and will be 45  When hopefully the Baby arrives

Offline Karhog

• Gold Member
    modify
    Over 40s Pregnancy Chat
    « Reply #124 on: 31/12/14, 17:05 »
    Welcome Ruu and congratulations!
    Mrs F.....wonderful news on team pink!
    Mamo, yay 30 weeks... Not too much longer now.
    Hi to everyone else and Happy New Year! Anyone going out? I'm definitely not and will probably be in bed by ten!

Offline bundles

• Volunteer
    • Time is an illusion, lunchtime doubly so ! D.Adams
    modify
    Over 40s Pregnancy Chat
    « Reply #125 on: 31/12/14, 20:27 »
    Yay MrsF Congrats on team pink  ^storkgirl^

MrsR Phew, glad you're not NE as was trying work out how to cryptically warn you where not to go  ;D Wow, brave you going that far over. I was told there was no way I was getting beyond 40wks & after research I was happy to be induced at 39wks - not that that worked lol Going for an elective section this time as the last one was such a positive experience.

Ruu  ^pompom^ ^pompom^ ^pompom^ ^pompom^ you found us  ;D  Ladies, Ruu & I were cycle buddies in Madrid (even on Viber while we were out there  ;D ;D ), transfer 3 days apart but hers was a blast & mine a 3day. And I have to say I am so thrilled we are due together  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ can you believe she was even PMing me support during my induction last time !!  :-* :-* :-*

Well I got letters through today that my 28wk scan is Tues 13th and new consultant appt on Mon 19th - now that's blooming efficient  ^clapping^ ^clapping^ ^clapping^ Am loving living in Essex  ;D
    About to put my onesie on, dips & nibbles are at the ready plus some non-alcoholic mulled drink - I am just soooo rock n roll  ^chuckle^ ^chuckle^ So Happy New Year everyone & here's ^drinks^ to a fab 2015 for all of us  ^party^
    xx

Offline Ruu

• Gold Member
    modify
    Over 40s Pregnancy Chat
    « Reply #126 on: 31/12/14, 23:52 »
    Happy new year ladies - here's to a super 2015  ^clapping^ ^clapping^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^jumpin^ ^jumpin^ ^pompom^ ^pompom^ ^pompom^ ^pompom^
    A
    nd yes bundles I'll be there again this time round - the only difference being I'll be the one being induced whilst you're heading for theatre!!! Xxxx  ^hugme^

Offline Mrs Rock

• Volunteer
    modify
    Over 40s Pregnancy Chat
    « Reply #127 on: 1/01/15, 08:02 »
    Happy New Year ladies!  Hope you had a good one. 

Karhog, I was fast asleep by 10.30pm  ::)

Bundles I wasn't being brave, I was seriously massive and fed up!!  My consultant's view was that delivery between 41 and 42 weeks was fine and it's after 42 weeks that he would be concerned about increased risk.  I was 38 at the time.  If you were told something different maybe it's another reason to be reconsidering my hospital!  I actually asked to see the placenta when it came and was told approvingly by the midwife that it was a very good one.  Made me laugh but I was pleased to hear it  ;D .  It does make me smile when I hear of people going for c sections due to size when the baby is predicted to be 8lbs something.  Mine was just under 10lbs and would always have been over 9lbs even if she'd come on due date.  They never even suggested that there needed to be concern or earlier delivery due to size though we knew she was going to be large.  And she shot out like a cannonball in 3 hours flat in the end ha ha!

Ruu do you already plan to be induced?

Offline Ruu

• Gold Member
    modify
    Over 40s Pregnancy Chat
    « Reply #128 on: 1/01/15, 08:25 »
    Hi Mrs Rock  ^wave^

My cons has told me from the start that he doesn't believe in letting "his ladies" go overdue - particularly those over 40. He is a firm believer that a placenta has a lifespan and that it begins to deteriorate as it reaches the end of that lifespan!!

He has told me He plans to induce me in the last week of March (EDD 2nd april) due to that reason and also because I'm on daily heparin and he wants to be able to monitor that closely - he has advised me that if I remain on the heparin (which I'm on due to previous DVTs and PE's - not pregnancy related) then I won't be eligible for an epidural but if he induces me and can control the labour he will be in a position to take me off the heparin for one dose to allow the epi if needed and then put me straight back on once baby is safely delivered.

He's very lovely and highly competent so I'm happy to go with his recommendations. Time will tell how much of it we have to tweak!!!

Offline bundles

• Volunteer
    • Time is an illusion, lunchtime doubly so ! D.Adams
    modify
    Over 40s Pregnancy Chat
    « Reply #129 on: 2/01/15, 12:01 »
    Ahhh MrsR you were under the magic 40 that explains it  :) sorry I was aging you prematurely  ;D

Am posting from maternity triage  ::) Twinkle has been very quiet the last few days & I've been getting quite worried. Normally he's quite a boisterous thing  ;D The midwife has checked & he's fine so am well relieved. Just waiting for bp then off home.
    xx