* Author Topic: Over 40s Pregnancy Chat  (Read 59412 times)

0 Members

Offline Ruu

• Gold Member
modify
Over 40s Pregnancy Chat
« Reply #130 on: 2/01/15, 23:06 »
Oh goodness bundles - glad to hear all is well. I'm the exact opposite here - my little passenger is hyper on the scans but was fairly placid in terms of me feeling him/her until the day before yesterday that is and ever since its ike someone put it on red bull - awake and kicking constantly!!!! I'm loving it!!
Take it easy xxxx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Mrs Rock

• Volunteer
    modify
    Over 40s Pregnancy Chat
    « Reply #131 on: 3/01/15, 13:42 »
    Bundles, glad all is ok.  The worry eh!

Offline Ruu

• Gold Member
    modify
    Over 40s Pregnancy Chat
    « Reply #132 on: 3/01/15, 14:28 »
    Hope all is still ok today Bundles and you are tucked up with Beany at the seaside again xx

Offline Karhog

• Gold Member
    modify
    Over 40s Pregnancy Chat
    « Reply #133 on: 3/01/15, 15:20 »
    Bundles glad to hear all is well. How is everyone else doing? Nothing much to report from me, I have appt on 7th with consultant and diabetic midwife to check my charts etc and my 20 week scan will be on 19th.
    Defo popping out more now.... Need to invest in some decent bras too.

Offline Mrs.F

modify
    Over 40s Pregnancy Chat
    « Reply #134 on: 5/01/15, 13:54 »
    woohoo, you have written so much...
    Welcome Ruu!
    Bundles, hope you are OK now. Glad all went well though.
    Any news Mrs.R? Your scan is due soon :)
    Karhog, how are you doing? My next mdwife appointment is on 8 January, a day after yours :) FX for good chart results!
    I have the feeling I am not popping out at all, but today a colleague of mine asked me whether I was carrying a little one in there... She was very nice and asked in such a sweet way, so I told her. She was really happy to hear it and told me I shouldn't keep such a wonderful news from everybody... But I guess they will all see it when my tummy starts popping more out.
    My niece was so sweet the other day - she was wishing us good night and then came to stroke my bump and kiss it good night too :) And my 2-year old nephew was making sweet faces and stroking my belly. I was in a kind of liquid state from that  ;D We have decided on the name and am trying to get used to it and talk to her adressing her by name...
    Karhog, can you feel the little one move now? I was told I need to wait a bit longer to feel the first kicks... Patience is not one of my virtues  ;D

Offline Karhog

• Gold Member
    modify
    Over 40s Pregnancy Chat
    « Reply #135 on: 5/01/15, 17:58 »
    Mrs F, yes I have felt babba. Its like little bubbles inside. I notice mostly in the evening when I'm laying down.
    On my first pregnancy I was about 21 weeks till I noticed anything but was told I would notice it earlier this time......probably because I've no muscle left!!
    I take my son to swimming lessons each week and we have just returned following Christmas break. I haven't told anyone I'm pregnant so I'm sure they think I've just eaten too manyboies over Christmas.....theres not a lot if hiding you can do in a swimsuit! Like you, I'm not keeping it secret but don't feel comfortable just ' announcing' it to just anyone.
    Good luck with your midwife appt on Thurs, let us know how it goes! I think mine should be ok....sugar levels seem to be under control at no.

Offline Mrs Rock

• Volunteer
    modify
    Over 40s Pregnancy Chat
    « Reply #136 on: 5/01/15, 18:40 »
    Oh goodness Karhog, I have my LOs swimming class on Wednesday and I'm dreading it.  Most of the mums are pregnant with number 2 so there's a lot of pregnancy talk and even at just 7 weeks I am vast, I can't believe how big I am, it's embarrassing.  If they don't think I'm pregnant (I'm sure they will because of the shape) then they'll think I have put about 3 stone on over the holidays.  There's no way I want to say anything, I won't even have had my 7 wk scan then. I'm going to feel so self conscious.

Offline Karhog

• Gold Member
    modify
    Over 40s Pregnancy Chat
    « Reply #137 on: 5/01/15, 18:49 »
    Mrs Rock, the good thing is, people may speculate but very few would come right out and ask......just in case it is too many pies! Don't worry about it and only tell them when your good and ready..........PS......I'm sure you're not as big as you think you look. I reckon in the early stages there is a lot of general bloat going on and we notice it more ourselves than others do  :)
    When is your scan?

Offline Mrs Rock

• Volunteer
    modify
    Over 40s Pregnancy Chat
    « Reply #138 on: 5/01/15, 19:17 »
    Scan is on Thursday, am dreading that too, all my confidence seems to have ebbed away.  I just wish it was here now so I could know.

To be brutally honest my tummy already was huge.  I've had 4 early pregnancies plus my LO in the past 4 years and it never went back to a normal shape again between them.  Add the progesterone bloat and the steroid over eating this time and I look like I've swallowed a barrel  ::)

Offline mamochka

• Gold Member
    modify
    Over 40s Pregnancy Chat
    « Reply #139 on: 5/01/15, 21:24 »
    Bundles - I had a scar of no movements today as well but then realised I late afternoon that probably he changed position as started feeling kicks but very muffled and less pressure when I pee. My next scan is at only 32w on 15/01 but was ready to run today if he did not start kicking again!

Cheers to all the ladies! mrsR good luck with yr scan on Thursday!

Ps I am having proper kicks again as I am lying in bed now so maybe he just had a relaxing day today. Oh well!

Mamoxx