* Author Topic: Over 40s Pregnancy Chat  (Read 59408 times)

0 Members

Offline bundles

• Volunteer
  • Time is an illusion, lunchtime doubly so ! D.Adams
modify
Over 40s Pregnancy Chat
« Reply #140 on: 5/01/15, 21:25 »
Hi ladies  :)
Sorry I've been a bit awol  :-\ it's been really busy here & what with looking after my boards I've barely had time to read, let alone post  :( OH has gone back to London tonight for work but is back tmoro arvo so at least I get some time to myself  :) Whilst it's been lovely having him here for the last 2.5 weeks he has really cramped my style & messed with my routines  ;D ;D ;D

All still good here, think Twinkle was just having a few off days as he's been booting for England again  :)  I think my belly started popping out at ET  ;D I'm no skinny minnie & not sure I ever had stomach muscles anyway  ::) I'm looking forward to my first appt here on Thursday & then 28wk scan next week. Can't wait to meet my new consultant too. They were all so nice at the hospital that I'm very hopeful all will be good  :)  I tried to register at my new GPs again today. Armed with my passport & duplicate bank statements off I went. Only to be turned away as whilst the covering letter from my bank had my new address, the duplicate statements didn't  ^bigbad^ ^bigbad^ ^bigbad^ It's just bloody ridiculous that the hospital can transfer my care, make an appt & send 2 more in the post all after a single phone call but the GP's seemingly want a full genetic breakdown, inside leg & what I've eaten for the last 6yrs  >:( >:(

Karhog  :) I had a result the other day. There is a small retail park nearby with outlet stores & in the M&S one I found a pair of jumbo sized nursing bras, and in their sale for 14.50 I tried them & they're ok now but the cup is a bit big, so I'm hoping that I will get fuller & when I lose after the birth the ribs will fit ok. I do remember last time wearing one in hospital but when I got home it was too big. I may buy a couple of new cheap ones for now as seem to be bursting out all over !!

MrsF our appts are on the same day  :) Don't worry you will feel it before you realise  ^hugme^

MrsR  ^hugme^ your scan will be fine. What Karhog says is true, it takes a brave or stupid person to ask a porky person when they are due  ;D ;D I'm just glad that I look pregnant now instead of just porky  ;D

Ruu  ^hugme^

Hi to Mamo & Francesca  ^wave^

Am trying to take my Xmas tree down but am being distracted but the PC & tv  ::)

xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Mrs.F

modify
    Over 40s Pregnancy Chat
    « Reply #141 on: 6/01/15, 08:59 »
    Mrs.Rock, don't worry. I think most people wouldn't dare ask now. I guess most of my colleagues are just wondering whether I have put on weight or am pregnant. I am doing aquafitness every Monday and it feels great. Yesterday was the first day I used a maternity swimsuit and I caught a few of the women casting curious glances... Nobody dares asking though.  My DH said this morning there's no more mistaking it as my tummy is poking clearly out... But I still don't feel comfortable talking about it though... Can wait a month more...
    Bubbles, it seems there will be more news on Thursday from all three of us.
    Mamochka, Ruu  ^wave^

Offline Francesca43

modify
    Over 40s Pregnancy Chat
    « Reply #142 on: 6/01/15, 09:31 »
    Good Morning Ladies,

Mrs F, i Can understand you very well. I  also want to tell it as late as possible. Since I am much to short for my weight, I hope people will recognize it late.
    Yesterday I had my First scan on 6+5 and one little beanie with strong heartbeat could be seen. I was so delighted. My doctor was very nice but I felt that she was worried about the overweight 44 year old expecting mum.
    I try to See it step by  step and not to lose trust in me and my Body.

I hope all of you feel fine and you get successfully rid of your Christmas trees.

XXX

Offline bundles

• Volunteer
    modify
    Over 40s Pregnancy Chat
    « Reply #143 on: 6/01/15, 09:42 »
    Yay Francesca that's lovely news  ^hugme^

MrsF I just love looking & being pregnant (rather than fat !!) that I want to tell the world  ;D I know this will be my last ever pregnancy so I want to enjoy every second  :)

xx

Offline mamochka

• Gold Member
    modify
    Over 40s Pregnancy Chat
    « Reply #144 on: 6/01/15, 09:46 »
    Franchesca wonderful news!!! Don't worry about doctor thinks! M

Offline Karhog

• Gold Member
    modify
    Over 40s Pregnancy Chat
    « Reply #145 on: 6/01/15, 11:13 »
    Great news Francesca!

Offline Mrs.F

modify
    Over 40s Pregnancy Chat
    « Reply #146 on: 6/01/15, 12:02 »
    Francesca, great news!
    Bundles, I want to enjoy every second too, but I get such nasty looks from some of the female colleagues, that I want to be invisible... I am good at ignoring them, but don't want them knowing I am expecting for as long as it is possible...

Offline bundles

• Volunteer
    modify
    Over 40s Pregnancy Chat
    « Reply #147 on: 6/01/15, 12:08 »
    Oh MrsF how awful of them  ^hugme^ Stick your tummy out & tell them to sod right off  ;D
    xx

Offline Mrs.F

modify
    Over 40s Pregnancy Chat
    « Reply #148 on: 6/01/15, 14:23 »
     ;D  a good way to enrich my vocabulary! Go no bundles! You made my day  ;)

Offline Mrs Rock

• Volunteer
    modify
    Over 40s Pregnancy Chat
    « Reply #149 on: 7/01/15, 13:51 »
    Great news on your scan Francesca.

Mrs F why are your female colleagues being so horrible???